Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Led light choice help

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,257 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    This wasn't the right place for my previous comment my apologies. But in general your prevoius posts have come across that way to me. This morning I typed before thinking and it should have been in a pm rather than here. Again I can only apologise.

The philzon, while not "the best" led certainly isn't the worst and will be fine in that space for the number of plants he's running. He's lighting the plants not the tent. And after already spending 180 quid on it might as well use it. If it turns out it's not enough he can switch back to the hps or run both side by side, Krofam uses hps and led combined to great effect

It's not gonna pull maximum potential yield from the space, but will be adequate to get started and grow four decent quality medium sized plants under.
    Your right about my previous comments, we all have different views about growing weed, I don't flower under leds because I don't think there a good investment JMO.
    I going check how effective a single 600w HPS(SE) is on a lightrail tonight(with a lux meter), if the light spread is good over the 2.4m x 1.1m room, I will be Turing my 6 plants over to flower. The light system cost me £90 and the second hand lightrail was £60, should pull 20 - 30 oz's in the 2.6m2 flower room.

That's a really good point about the using leds, just light the canopy not the hole room.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

Doink (23-10-21), Farmer Geddon (23-10-21), GEORGE (23-10-21), Mac (23-10-21), V8 (23-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Its quite easy to get wrong end of the stick when it comes to LED so there can be quite a fear of the unknown. Many got stung so why adopt the technology is a common mindset.

However the top, sponsored LEDs on this site, will do around 50% more than average / budget designs or white label designs we see underneath the stuck on badges.

Always go with lights with a 3rd party report and then you dont need to listen to opinion or misinformation online imho.

If you run the numbers, the premium lights are the cheapest you will ever buy and run but thats like pretty much everything in life. Its easy to say if you cannot fork out the investment but its very true.

I put 4 Michelin on the motor today. They were double the price of the budgets but last 4 times longer and actually perform.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (23-10-21), Doink (23-10-21), Farmer Geddon (23-10-21), GEORGE (23-10-21), Mac (24-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

New growers are better off sticking to things tried and trusted. Growers with plenty of full jars can take a chance as they can afford to invest in a dud once in a while. That also applies to strains.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

barney_b (24-10-21), CheapHomeGrown (23-10-21), gardro (23-10-21), GEORGE (23-10-21), Mac (24-10-21), M_C (23-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,887 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I understand your reasons but their light quality at the very least has improved immensely. Their customer service may still be a different story, but their lights have definitely improved.
    I have no doubt that the product has improved, after all, at one point, they had near on 100% failure (after a year) with one colour spectrum LED they used - and then their poor customer service compounded an already disastrous issue...

I am also sure that they no longer send their products in packaging advertising their contents... assuming they send it to the correct address... and assuming they no longer give out your name & address online!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

barney_b (24-10-21), CheapHomeGrown (23-10-21), Farmer Geddon (23-10-21), GEORGE (23-10-21), Mac (24-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,257 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gardro View Post
    Its quite easy to get wrong end of the stick when it comes to LED so there can be quite a fear of the unknown. Many got stung so why adopt the technology is a common mindset.

However the top, sponsored LEDs on this site, will do around 50% more than average / budget designs or white label designs we see underneath the stuck on badges.

Always go with lights with a 3rd party report and then you dont need to listen to opinion or misinformation online imho.

If you run the numbers, the premium lights are the cheapest you will ever buy and run but thats like pretty much everything in life. Its easy to say if you cannot fork out the investment but its very true.

I put 4 Michelin on the motor today. They were double the price of the budgets but last 4 times longer and actually perform.
    Your right there alway a fear of the unknown, the problem is I can pull massive crops with a 2 x 400w hps, could over fill a 15ltr bucket with my last crop.
    Now I have a larger flower room 2.4m x 1.10m and I can see me pulling a higher crop with my 600w hps on a light rail.

If my plants are receiving a good amount of light (40,000 -60,000 lux) and I get my environment right, I'm going to pull a large crop.
    If I pull 25ltrs/oz's (same thing more or less) of bud, I will be very happy with my very cheap setup.

Also I grow in a shed, so the plants need the heat 8 months of the year or I need to add a heater.
    With the extra heat I use a larger rvk fan, causes a stronger vacuum, reducing humidty and increasing co2 in the canopy also reducing the chances of my garden smelling of weed, when I open the main door, (also have iner doors to block light and oder).

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

barney_b (24-10-21), Farmer Geddon (23-10-21), GEORGE (24-10-21), Mac (24-10-21)

Thanks

TS3000 might be more suitable for 1.4x1.4m.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Growtobig For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (25-10-21), GEORGE (25-10-21)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3