Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Germinating a seed

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,819 Times

Default Germinating a seed

Evening all I had a gorilla glue auto knocking about so as my incredible bulk period grow fails due to heat and I only have one survivor struggling I decided I would germinate the auto gorilla glue. I’ve placed it into a cup of water left for 24 hrs to get to room temperature and added a tiny drop of shogun start and shogun katana roots. After 24 hours I removed the seed and placed between two wet paper tools between two plates and placed in my propagation tent and it’s now sprouted. Emmy question is what’s the best way to prepare the soil? Soil I’m using is house and garden bat special.

Do I pretty soak the soil?
    Do I add any katana roots?
    Do I add any shogun start?

Any help appreciated

Sorry I’m a complete newbie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Cheeseking (26-10-21), Farmer Geddon (27-10-21), GEORGE (26-10-21), Mac (26-10-21), V8 (26-10-21)

Thanks

I start my seeds out in rockwool but it should be similar
    Just place it gently in the soil and lightly dust over with some soil tap root down. Light spray with a spray bottle of tap water.
    I'm pretty sure bat guano soils are for final potting up near flower due to its nutrients can be hot for seeds?? (Anyone confirm this) so be easy on the feeds

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cheeseking For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (27-10-21), Frosty (26-10-21), GEORGE (26-10-21), Mac (26-10-21), V8 (26-10-21)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseking View Post
    I start my seeds out in rockwool but it should be similar
    Just place it gently in the soil and lightly dust over with some soil tap root down. Light spray with a spray bottle of tap water.
    I'm pretty sure bat guano soils are for final potting up near flower due to its nutrients can be hot for seeds?? (Anyone confirm this) so be easy on the feeds
    I started my seeds out in root riot cubes last round before I lost them all due to heat issues in the tent. But when I pulled the cube apart the riot was doing a upturn and coming to the surface.

Well maybe this is why I’m having slow growth but I thought you shouldn’t change out soils in a grow just stick to what you start with? Do I add any nutes like katana roots or ? Do I need to pre moisten the soil?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (27-10-21), GEORGE (26-10-21), V8 (26-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 33,477 Times

Looked your soil up.

"House & Garden Bat-Special contains added bat guano. Guano breaks down slowly, releasing macro and micro-nutrients while protecting roots and combatting pathogenic fungi. Additional fertilizer with an initial NPK ratio of 14-16-18 is also included, taking the EC level of the mix to between 1.2 and 1.5. For this reason, Bat-Special is best used when re-potting for the later vegetative or bloom stages, when plants can comfortably make full use of the additional feed. For very young plants, use a lighter mix such as Plant Magic Plus Soil Supreme, available here."

To my understanding your soil is well full of nutes. Since you have an Auto you should start the seed in the final big pot. And since your soil is rly good you can just water for the first month ish if you start in a big container. 2-5gal

V8

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

Cheeseking (26-10-21), Farmer Geddon (27-10-21), Frosty (26-10-21), GEORGE (26-10-21)

Thanks

I just had a check on your nutrients and wow do shogun have a lot of products
    From reading the shogun start that's for cuttings not starting seeds in. and first two weeks of veg but you have a very hot soil, so I'd just use water and play it safe you don't want to burn it once it's nearing the end of veg you might notice some Deficiencys so start a feed then

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cheeseking For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by V8budding View Post
    Looked your soil up.

"House & Garden Bat-Special contains added bat guano. Guano breaks down slowly, releasing macro and micro-nutrients while protecting roots and combatting pathogenic fungi. Additional fertilizer with an initial NPK ratio of 14-16-18 is also included, taking the EC level of the mix to between 1.2 and 1.5. For this reason, Bat-Special is best used when re-potting for the later vegetative or bloom stages, when plants can comfortably make full use of the additional feed. For very young plants, use a lighter mix such as Plant Magic Plus Soil Supreme, available here."

To my understanding your soil is well full of nutes. Since you have an Auto you should start the seed in the final big pot. And since your soil is rly good you can just water for the first month ish if you start in a big container. 2-5gal

V8
    Oh wow you managed to find more than me ok so I’m best to go straight to the pot it’s going to finish in? And still use this soil? Or am I best starting it I’m off in soma canna coco professional then transplant into the bat special?

I just had a check on your nutrients and wow do shogun have a lot of products
    From reading the shogun start that's for cuttings not starting seeds in. and first two weeks of veg but you have a very hot soil, so I'd just use water and play it safe you don't want to burn it once it's nearing the end of veg you might notice some Deficiencys so start a feed then
    Yeah they do have some products and I was going to run the whole range. Yes I did see the start stages for cutting ms but I’m sure it says on the bottle for cuttings and seedling do this etc I will look in a moment tho.

So just plain water for now tap or 000 TDS water as I have this to hand too? And at what sort or ph is best to go to? Thanks

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't ph my water and I use biobizz allmix soil will be switching back to light mix next time

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cheeseking For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (27-10-21), Frosty (26-10-21), GEORGE (26-10-21), V8 (26-10-21)

Thanks

I don't ph my water and I use biobizz allmix soil will be switching back to light mix next time
    Ok thanks man. So from what you e read is the bat special good to use?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frosty For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'll be honest mate I haven't used it before and it's expensive. You can use it but as said above just use water you should get into flower with no need for nutes with that soil. You might get a few burnt tips but should be fine
    In my opinion you don't need half the stuff shogun sells keep it simple and get some in your jars before trying to mix every chemical into your plants. If things go wrong and it's a simple grow its easier to find the problem and help out
    Grow nutes
    Bloom nutes
    Pk 13/14 or your brand equivalent
    Calmag

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cheeseking For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (27-10-21), Frosty (26-10-21), GEORGE (28-10-21), V8 (26-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 33,477 Times

The soil you have is good.

Do you know if your water is soft or hard? In most cases you dont ph in soil. The soil will buff the PH for you. You can find info about your water (ph etc) from your water provider.

Yes with a auto you want to start in the final pot.

Take a look at Doink`s grow in the diary:

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...e-threat-autos

V8

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (27-10-21), Frosty (26-10-21), GEORGE (28-10-21)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast