Thread: Need some good advice/help?

Thanks

Default Need some good advice/help?

Hello everyone i've got a 200x200x200cm setup im wanting to upgrade to 3 600w aircooled lights with a 8inch rhino intake with a 10inch rhino outtake my question is do I need 2 intakes with aircoooed lights or is just the one through the lights and out the tent to the job?
    Ps atm I've only got 1 600w hps in there with 2 4 inch rhino filters for outtakes and just a passive intake for now im at 23c but when there bigger I no il have to upgrade my old kit out.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Growernation For This Useful Post:

Cheeseking (29-10-21), GEORGE (01-11-21), Keenbuthopeless (01-11-21), Mac (29-10-21)

Thanks

Hi grownation
    From what I discovered when looking up cooled lights they have to have the air pulled through them to keep them running effective?? So having 3 lights and a carbon filter on one run don't sound very easy to navigate especially when you have to raise and lower lights ect.
    What cooled lights are you going to use?
    Maybe have a look at parabolic shades the bigger shade spreads heat better has raised vents and can have the bulb vertical

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheeseking For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-11-21), Mac (29-10-21)

Thanks

Cheesemonger thanks for the quick reply
    But my idea was to push air from outside through my 8 inch intake through the aircooled hoods out the tent
    Then have my 10 inch extractor pulling out the heat too
    I have 1 vent left but the wall is blocking it really
    I've been told to push instead of pull for the smells
    I just don't think enough air will be going through the tent as its getting pushed through the lights.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Growernation For This Useful Post:

Cheeseking (29-10-21), GEORGE (01-11-21), Mac (29-10-21)

Thanks

Ps sorry ment call you cheeseking!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Growernation For This Useful Post:

Cheeseking (29-10-21), GEORGE (01-11-21), Mac (29-10-21)

Thanks

Lol cheesemonger ill have my own counter at the supermarket soon.
    I must have got the wrong end of the stick with the filter thought you was going to hook all 3 lights up to the filter and fan.
    Everyone's environment is different mate you can try without a 2nd intake and use the lights and passive and if need be just add another fan in. Why waste money when they can get delivered next day? If your looking at air cooled lights I'd avoid the lumii cooltube ones as the light spread are pretty poor from them the flat glass ones are better.
    When I used 2m tents I had a lot of airflow from a tower fan and oscillating fan

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheeseking For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-11-21), Mac (29-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,862 Times

Someone told you to push for smell?
    Have you got that back to front, pulling is what you want to create negative pressure and keep smell inside the tent .
    Last edited by Trichomedome; 30-10-21 at 07:48 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trichomedome For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-11-21), Mac (31-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,257 Times

I have used 600w air-cooled lights for over 10 years in different setups, you want ducting in a straight line, pulling air in and straight line out the other side, you can have the fan ducting just outside the tent, use a second RVK fan, and filter. this could reduce the heat by 50%

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-11-21), Mac (31-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

You will have an easier time of it, and get more yield, if you forget that air cooled hoods exist. 2m = 6.6'. 1800w/43sft = 42w psf. 37.5w hps psf is considered minimal. hps lamps have been getting brighter and cooler. They're like a different technology compared to when air cooled hoods were almost essential.

You'll get more yield because you'll get more light and more even coverage with regular reflectors, plus the plants will get more airflow. Although even coverage with 3 lights could be a challenge.

I used to grow 6'x6' under 4 x 315w cmh. Watt for watt, cmh is cooler than hps and used cmh can be had cheap on the bay. With those 2 big fans of yours, there'll be no lack of co2 and ime, better air extraction = lower humidity.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-11-21), iwannagrow (25-11-21), Mac (31-10-21)