Thread: Nano nutrients

Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times

Default Nano nutrients

I'm looking to start a small grow for myself and a friend, as since moving, I've been forced to buy from gangs
    (side note - I probably was doing so indirectly before, but this has brought it to the front of my conscience by proximity to the gang itself).
    I've made myself a spreadsheet and started to pick some products I'll buy.

One of the interesting things I've seen on a local grow shop's website is a new brand of nutrients called Nano 10-9 Nutrients. The premise is that by making the nutrients easier to absorb, the plants can grow healthier.

Has anyone got experience using these or similar nutes? Am I just falling for hype?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cucumbergrows For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (09-11-21), GEORGE (10-11-21), Mac (09-11-21), V8 (08-11-21)

3. Default

Hi and welcome to the forum cucumbergrows, nice to have you here

We've all seen these new *magical* nutrients get all hyped up now and then through the years..most of the time, it's just that, hype.

If I were you since that line is so new, and it will be your first time.. I would go with a tried and tested nutrient line that has been around for a while and if you run into issues, you will have other members experiences to fall back on if need be.

Have you decided which medium you'd like to grow in?..coco or soil.

The members here could recommend some nutrients based on your preference.

For coco, I would recommend the Canna Line, and for soil, plant magic is a great choice too.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (09-11-21), GEORGE (10-11-21), Mac (09-11-21), mpsj (08-11-21), V8 (08-11-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 33,477 Times

Welcome welcome cum

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (09-11-21), GEORGE (10-11-21), Mac (09-11-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 46,725 Times

Welcome, its a new range being pushed a lot at moment by its marketeers. I wouldnt say theres any hype in the community so best go for a real respected, tried and tested range like Canna which seems to work well universally.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gardro For This Useful Post:

Cheeseking (10-11-21), Farmer Geddon (09-11-21), GEORGE (10-11-21), Mac (09-11-21), V8 (09-11-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

They says they have patented the way they use nano tech in nutrients when a good source has told me its been out for ages so its not even new. Just good marketing.....go from putting their names to extract fans (which are great) to buying a coco brand and upping the price and now they have everyone sucked into the brand then bring out a nutriant with the word nano to make it sound new but it's not.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (09-11-21), GEORGE (10-11-21), Mac (09-11-21), V8 (09-11-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

Hi mate, welcome along

Stick with tried & tested nutes until you have more experience
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (09-11-21), GEORGE (10-11-21), Mac (09-11-21), V8 (09-11-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

It still just uses chelation

It's still just calcium at the end of the day.

A good base nutrient provides everything you need in it. A and B are sold separate as they aren't usually stable together outside of water.

Any bottles beyond this are generally just doubling down on stuff already in the mix. Some companies will strip them down to as many bottles as possible for max profit.

You can use that to your advantage with manipulating nutrient element ratios when you get comfortable.

As advised above get a good quality base nute like canna et al and don't buy any extras until its needed.
    Last edited by Mac; 09-11-21 at 07:14 AM.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (09-11-21), GEORGE (10-11-21), V8 (09-11-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

I always flinch when I see things like "Nano nutes", as it seems that nutrients makers are just trying to sell stuff using buzz words.

Plants can generally only take up ionic sized particles, but generally soil and other enzymes will break down the bigger molecules into something the plant can easily absorb, this has been happening for thousands/millions of years.

As others have stated I would stay away from nutrient lines whose marketing relies on buzz words, and go with a line that relies on reputation.

As a coco grower, I have always used either the canna nutes, or the Ionic coco nutes. Which are both decent nutes, although the Canna A&B are better in veg, than flower, imho

Good luck with the grow, your in the right place for good advice

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-11-21), Mac (09-11-21), V8 (09-11-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Hi and welcome.

How much bud a year are you hoping to get and how much grow space is available?

If you have plenty of space compared to what you're looking to get, then growing your own is very easy. Unless you want to make it complicated, that option is preferred by some.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

barney_b (09-11-21), GEORGE (10-11-21), Mac (09-11-21), V8 (09-11-21)