Thread: Is this Light OK?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,739 Times

Default Is this Light OK?

I'm growing a Jack Herer auto and have read that red light is good for seedlings. I put the germinated seed in to a large bucket to start as I didn't want to mess with it later down the line.

I'm using BioBizz soil and plan to get nutrients when the plant is starting vegetation.

So, do I just water every three days and hope for the best? Any advice would be great. I do have another lamp but it's just a white sodium bulb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211124_150035.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	411657  

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Effexion For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (25-11-21), GEORGE (25-11-21), Mac (25-11-21), scoot (25-11-21), Shaun (25-11-21), V8 (25-11-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,186 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Effexion View Post
    I'm growing a Jack Herer auto and have read that red light is good for seedlings. I put the germinated seed in to a large bucket to start as I didn't want to mess with it later down the line.

I'm using BioBizz soil and plan to get nutrients when the plant is starting vegetation.

So, do I just water every three days and hope for the best? Any advice would be great. I do have another lamp but it's just a white sodium bulb.
    What's your wattage? Any small watt light will do for seedling, but if you want optimal growth, invest

Jack herer is a great strain to grow

What ya temps looking like?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-21), Mac (25-11-21), scoot (25-11-21), Shaun (25-11-21), V8 (25-11-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,739 Times

Cheers, man. Will this light see it through? It has red and blue LEDs. I could always switch it for the sodium lamp when it matures a little.

Not sure on temps but it's in my boiler cupboard. Will check tomorrow and let you know.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Effexion For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (25-11-21), GEORGE (25-11-21), Mac (25-11-21), M_C (25-11-21), Shaun (25-11-21), V8 (25-11-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,744 Times

That looks a lot like my starter light. It actually got me halfway through veg, they did quit growing though. had to take them outside because i thought they were dying. Upgraded the light and brought them back in. Bugs and all.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shaun For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (25-11-21), GEORGE (25-11-21), Mac (25-11-21), V8 (25-11-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,186 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Effexion View Post
    Cheers, man. Will this light see it through? It has red and blue LEDs. I could always switch it for the sodium lamp when it matures a little.

Not sure on temps but it's in my boiler cupboard. Will check tomorrow and let you know.
    That sounds fair enough man, that boiler looks like itll keep warm them

The only reason I mentioned temps was because it looked like your groom was in the basement haha with those brick walls

You want those temps around 25/28 degrees

And also plenty of water vapour, little ones absolutely love it, helps make them flourish

Your light will be alright for now, but I promise ya mate, it wont get you that far into veg like stokes has said, you'll need a more powerful one later on

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-21), Mac (25-11-21), V8 (25-11-21)