Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: RFI noise on the mains supply caused by Ballasts

Thanks

Hi Guys, Ferrite rings do work, (Sometimes), but my problems arise from RFI produced from Chinese-built LED lights, only one light I have out of four has any Ferrite Cores in it and that is a 600w Dimmable Philzon. I am also a Sidebander, so have a lot of radio equipment that is absolutely useless due to RFI when the Led's are on, the PSU's within these lights are obviously made to a price and that is the problem.
    The other point I want to make, is the RFI they produce CAN be easily picked up on a MW radio, and I believe police have used these to locate a Grow using Leds, I don't think this is Urban myth either, it would cost a manufacturer pennies to suppress RFI in Led lights, for the buyer to do it, it's a ball ache and probably not cost-effective, these days I use the radio when the lights are off, and I have ferrite cores/rings, Common Mode Chokes, on every bloody lead and I still get RFI, the sad thing is, it's me that's making it

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Techead For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-06-22), toblue (14-11-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2