Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What's a better camera than the S10 +

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 63,019 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Macro shots are a different ball game to normal/standard photography mukka...Do your research before committing to buy...I've seen some outstanding close ups from phone cameras...With so called professional cameras you need the right setup to get it bang on, lense, light, tripods etc..Many professional photographers will take hundreds of shots of one subject then only use one..

Regards BL
    Sound mate, I'll hit the books before lookin any further

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (06-12-21), GEORGE (06-12-21), Jingo (06-12-21), Mac (06-12-21), M_C (06-12-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,483 Times

I made this thread a long time ago on a distant forum which led me to buying the Rebel T5i. It's a good entry level body with way more functions than you'll ever use.

1 is your body
    2 is a decent heavy-ish tripod
    3 macro lens (18-50mm)
    4 zoom lens (75-250+)
    5 middle ground lens (comes with the camera)
    6 external flash
    7 remote

You don't need all of that at once. Like buying a tent and kit for it, you can build up over time of course. These are just what I think are the essentials.

External lights, and filters, and reflectors can wait until you're comfortable shooting in manual mode.
    Out of the box, pop it to automatic and you're going to be taking some really good shots. It's a good sized sensor. (lens is more important than your body at this level however)
    Then you watch some youtube and figure out exposure times, depth of field, aperature settings, etc and you can start to shape your photos.

BTW, the Nikon vs Canon argument is stupid as they are almost identical. Pepsi and coke.
    That said, Canon is better and Pepsi is better.

Cheers
    B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (06-12-21), GEORGE (06-12-21), Jingo (06-12-21), Mac (06-12-21), MrC (06-12-21), M_C (06-12-21)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3