Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Coco watering - run to waste rigs discussion

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,466 Times

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_ View Post
    Thank you very much sir this is amazing. I wish I had seen something like this a year ago. I also wish I knew about Floraflex a year ago and that it was available in my country.

Absolutely love your setup.
    Thank you very kindly, sir!

This is a new iteration born of lots and ltos of doing what you're doing right now. Asking and adapting other people's methods. When you find what works for you, hopefully you show us what you came up with

Cheers friend
    B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

2. The Following User Says Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (14-01-22)

Thanks

This is what I'm currently testing:

Netafim Netbow

Netafim Spider

I pulled off one of the ends of the spider and put the net bow on it.

Then I'm trying out some pressure compensating drippers that run at 12L (3gallons) (Netafim PCJ Pressure Compensating Dripper Non-Leak - I did a test with water bottles and every single bottle got exactly 1L after 5 minutes.

So there is like the Netbow ring which puts heaps of water around the edges, and then the 3 other spider lines to put water round the middle of the plant.

Then I got this fuck off massive house pump to make sure that there is enough pressure to run the netafim drippers - water wouldn't even come out of them at all with a 1000L p/h submersible fish tank/pond pump.

So far so good - and I can precision water down to 1 minute intervals. So 200ml per minute, or 1l per 5 minutes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gcINNAY.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	397.1 KB 
ID:	414597  

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NZ_ For This Useful Post:

barney_b (14-01-22), Farmer Geddon (15-01-22), GEORGE (14-01-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,350 Times

Dang NZ, looks to me that you got everything firmly within your grasp. Although I am a bit scared to do those pierce connector types, that is TIGHT!

Hell, I don't even know what the hell this thing is. Looks like copper lines going into it? Water pump pumping prechilled nute water in? Care to give a bit of a breakdown? As Barney said, iterations.. we try, learn, adapt/improve.. My next go round will have slight modifications, always up for learning..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220114-180424_Firefox.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	910.0 KB 
ID:	414603

-Domo
    Last edited by DomoArigato; 15-01-22 at 12:11 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

barney_b (15-01-22), Blue61 (15-01-22), Farmer Geddon (15-01-22), GEORGE (15-01-22)

Thanks

I need a new pump.

I’ve been using a mid size aquarium/fountain pump, but I’ve let my water level get to virtually empty a few times. The pump is now noisey and not moving as much water as it did.

I’m thinking of getting a puddle pump that lets you set the min water level to 2mm then shuts itself off.

Has anyone tried one?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J81 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (20-01-22), GEORGE (20-01-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by J81 View Post
    I need a new pump.

I’ve been using a mid size aquarium/fountain pump, but I’ve let my water level get to virtually empty a few times. The pump is now noisey and not moving as much water as it did.

I’m thinking of getting a puddle pump that lets you set the min water level to 2mm then shuts itself off.

Has anyone tried one?
    If it’s noisy and not moving much water it could be air locked which is an easy fix.
    I also take the propeller out and clean from time to time as hair gets wrapped round mine somehow.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

barney_b (21-01-22), Blue61 (20-01-22), Farmer Geddon (20-01-22), GEORGE (20-01-22), J81 (20-01-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,466 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    If it’s noisy and not moving much water it could be air locked which is an easy fix.
    I also take the propeller out and clean from time to time as hair gets wrapped round mine somehow.
    You mean to tell me not everyone is wearing a hair net in the groom? Just me? All this time... And I'm bald! Lol.

I kid but my wife's hair crippled an old aquarium pump. Finds its way everywhere doesn't it?

Cheers
    B

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (21-01-22), Farmer Geddon (21-01-22), GEORGE (21-01-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    You mean to tell me not everyone is wearing a hair net in the groom? Just me? All this time... And I'm bald! Lol.

I kid but my wife's hair crippled an old aquarium pump. Finds its way everywhere doesn't it?

Cheers
    B
    Ha ha
    I swear Every time I clean the pump it’s always wrapped in hair,madness.
    Most trich pics have them too I’ve noticed bloody pesky things get everywhere.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

barney_b (31-01-22), Farmer Geddon (21-01-22), GEORGE (21-01-22)

Thanks

Hozelock drippers work well. They have adjustable flow rate and the hose connector and fittings are better than anything I’ve seen in a hydro store.

I bought 3 tubs when they were 60% off in wickes at the end of the summer.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J81 For This Useful Post:

barney_b (31-01-22), Farmer Geddon (01-02-22), GEORGE (31-01-22)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4