Thread: Weed and rumination

Thanks

Default Weed and rumination

Hi all.

I have had "depression" for a very long time now. My issue that I ruminate all the time. I have to catch myself from doing so to stop.

I tried therapy, medication, self-help books, etc nothing helped.

I started smoking after 30 years again in 2021.

Now where I buy my stuff was closed over December, so I was on a T Break for around 5 weeks. Then after 3-4 weeks I started noticing that I started ruminating again. At first I thought it was the T-Break "depression". But it got worse and worse.

Now the shop opened again and I had 2 weekends a smoke Friday to Sunday (wake & bake).

Now I am not ruminating anymore. This was the first time in my life noticing ruminating getting worse and that its gone.

So is this now down to my T Break or does Weed really help me?

Is there anywhere were I could get medical advise on the Internet regarding this issue?

Thanks in advance.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marv3l For This Useful Post:

barney_b (27-01-22), blazinggriddles (29-01-22), Farmer Geddon (29-01-22), GEORGE (27-01-22), Mac (29-01-22), V8 (27-01-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Be careful with any advice you get from the 'net... try & find a licensed practitioner
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (29-01-22), GEORGE (27-01-22), Mac (29-01-22), mpsj (27-01-22), V8 (27-01-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Talking

Welcome to the Talk dude, enjoy.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (29-01-22), Mac (29-01-22), V8 (27-01-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 33,477 Times

Welcome to the talk.

You and me are i the same boat. I grow for myself for the reason I dont function without. I have learned this after years with diffrebt pills/medication. On and off. What gets me depression free and makes me able to be with my kids and live a normal life is weed. I can go to the gym, buy food and so on. At point i could not get out of my on door.

Like you feel the same after a while without MJ, negativ stuff keeps piling on. After i started to grow my own weed directed to what I need i have it alot better! Start growing!

Have a nice Day

V8
    Mini veg tent grow: V8`s mini garden

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

barney_b (27-01-22), Farmer Geddon (29-01-22), GEORGE (27-01-22), Herbitual (29-01-22), Mac (29-01-22), marv3l (27-01-22), mpsj (27-01-22), M_C (27-01-22), Shaun (29-01-22), TightNugs (29-01-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,466 Times

Yeah what V said. A lot of that.

I think a lot of us start off using cannabis recreationally. Then later in life you figure out how it's been helping with what ails ya.
    Anxiety gets the better of me. Unchecked it leads into some nasty untruths left free to run around in my head. Sounds similar.
    So yes, cannabis can really help us medicinally. 'They' told me for years that it was "bad" and would rather me take pills to balance out other pills with a bevy of unpleasant side effects.
    They being doctors, unfortunately. Well I don't have a doctor's blessing, but I know when a medicine works! My family can see it too.

And it's crazy but, sometimes I don't even need to smoke, vape or ingest it to feel the effects.
    Sometimes just sticking your face in the tent and counting trichomes does the trick. Lot of folks feel that way. The best medicine is growing.

Cheers to your health.
    B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (29-01-22), GEORGE (27-01-22), Herbitual (29-01-22), Mac (29-01-22), V8 (27-01-22)

Thanks

Do you find specific strains help with anxiety? IE, certain terpenes or THC/CBD content?

I tried smoking while depressed recently; I also struggle with rumination. But the weed didn't help at the time.

All the best!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blazinggriddles For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (29-01-22), GEORGE (29-01-22), Mac (29-01-22), V8 (29-01-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,466 Times

Quote Originally Posted by blazinggriddles View Post
    Do you find specific strains help with anxiety? IE, certain terpenes or THC/CBD content?

I tried smoking while depressed recently; I also struggle with rumination. But the weed didn't help at the time.

All the best!
    Ehh, I just tend to avoid heavy sativas on the bad or slow days. They send my mind racing. I really don't know much about CBD. I don't seek it out in strains.

Cheers

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (29-01-22), GEORGE (29-01-22), Herbitual (29-01-22), Mac (29-01-22), V8 (29-01-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

I’m afraid I suffer from Pure-O OCD (clinically diagnosed in 2014) which manifests in terms of unwanted thoughts, overthinking and hideous rumination often on hopelessly inconsequential nonsense (incessantly going over mundane shopping lists, for example)

I’ve learned to live with it these days (but it put paid to working) and find weed of all sorts a great help in breaking the cycle of constant rumination.

Basically, it gives me something else to think about when I’m stoned. Takes the edge off; dulls the inner monologue; turns the colour down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

barney_b (29-01-22), Blue61 (29-01-22), Farmer Geddon (29-01-22), GEORGE (29-01-22), IceCalibur (29-01-22), Jstatus (29-01-22), Shaun (11-02-22), V8 (29-01-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blazinggriddles View Post

All the best!
    Only tried this weekend and no rumination, the first spliff, gave a bit of rumination. I had Kandy Kush

Noticed with Amnesia Haze that an energizing sativa helps the most.

I am going on a TBreak for 4-5 weeks after the weekend to see again what will happen.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marv3l For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-02-22), V8 (01-02-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Herbitual View Post
    I’m afraid I suffer from Pure-O OCD (clinically diagnosed in 2014) which manifests in terms of unwanted thoughts, overthinking and hideous rumination often on hopelessly inconsequential nonsense (incessantly going over mundane shopping lists, for example)

I’ve learned to live with it these days (but it put paid to working) and find weed of all sorts a great help in breaking the cycle of constant rumination.

Basically, it gives me something else to think about when I’m stoned. Takes the edge off; dulls the inner monologue; turns the colour down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Rumination is talking about things I want to talk with my friends, I go over the topics all the time and repeat them. It seems that weed does keep the edge off and dulls my mind too.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marv3l For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-02-22), Shaun (11-02-22)