Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My tent is too cold...

Thanks

I'm in a outside single block shed in the UK mate and struggled in the past

Only way around it is to run 600w hps with a oil radiator on a thermo set at 26 degrees

Lights of the oil heater is set to 20 degrees

It's the only way around it for me and seems to be working.

The only problem I get is high rh in flower when the lights are of as I said in a post yesterday.

Other then that all is good

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xtchill For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (06-02-22), GEORGE (06-02-22), Hogweed (06-02-22), scorpion (06-02-22), V8 (06-02-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xtchill View Post
    I'm in a outside single block shed in the UK mate and struggled in the past

Only way around it is to run 600w hps with a oil radiator on a thermo set at 26 degrees

Lights of the oil heater is set to 20 degrees

It's the only way around it for me and seems to be working.

The only problem I get is high rh in flower when the lights are of as I said in a post yesterday.

Other then that all is good
    Also the oil heater is inside the tent.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xtchill For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (06-02-22), GEORGE (06-02-22), Hogweed (06-02-22), scorpion (06-02-22), V8 (06-02-22)

Thanks

I got hold of a little 800W oil heater for next to nothing, and thought it might heat the tent just enough (it's small, but very hot to the touch) - but, after several hours in the tent, it had only managed 11-12C.

From my limited experience, our plants are pretty tough (I unwittingly tried VERY hard to kill my first one, but still got a decent crop), so I'm guessing it would survive at that temperature, but maybe not bud or grow well...

So I've decided to bring the seedling on indoors for now, and move it out to the tent in the garage as late as possible, ie when it starts to smell! At that point, I guess I'll have to invest in a more powerful radiator, but I'll leave it as long as possible.

Though I can definitely see the sense in it, I'm determined not to buy more lights (HPS etc) as the LEDs worked well for me last time, lights are expensive, and this is just a bit of a little hobby for me.

Interestingly, my next door neighbour's house roof is always covered in pigeons, while all the other houses round here have none. Somebody told me the police drive around looking for this as a sign that the occupants have a little farm in their attic - not sure if it's true.

But there definitely won't be any pigeons on my freezing garage

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hogweed For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (06-02-22), GEORGE (06-02-22), scorpion (06-02-22), V8 (06-02-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,499 Times

Those darn stool pigeons.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (06-02-22), GEORGE (06-02-22), Hogweed (06-02-22), scorpion (06-02-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,337 Times

Having the same problem with my growdrobe though it’s in a room where the radiator pipe is fooked and I don’t know how to fix it I’ve tightened the nuts and the twat is still leaking so we’ll have to get the housing to fix it, I’m thinking of putting my 250w cfl in there do yous reckon that would heat it up peeps, sorry for jumping on your thread Hogweed, hope you get it sorted m8 and the pigeon thing that’s mad never thought of that before

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (06-02-22), GEORGE (06-02-22), Hogweed (06-02-22), V8 (06-02-22)

Thanks

I use HPS with a fan to keep the hot air circulating. One thing I do - especially October - March is to do autos so I have the light on 20/4 and making sure the light is off during the afternoon (warmest - ok, least cold, time). The HPS really fling out lots of heat, a small panel or tube heater does the rest.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wilson For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (08-02-22), GEORGE (08-02-22), scorpion (09-02-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2