Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How's it looking

Thanks

Default How's it looking

I'm noticing some of my plants leaves are funny shaped. Super skunk fen in fox farm ocean. Ro water no nutes yet.

Should I start adding nutes or just let them ride for a bit they are around 2 weeks old Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220302_164402.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	195.2 KB 
ID:	417677

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gxkon For This Useful Post:

barney_b (02-03-22), Deku Nut (03-03-22), GEORGE (02-03-22), IceCalibur (02-03-22), mpsj (03-03-22), TightNugs (03-03-22), V8 (03-03-22)

3. Default

Hi gxkon, there are a few things here..

Firstly your humidity is very low and an increase in temps a tadge would help too, check out VPD charts on more information on keeping a balanced temp/humidity range for the different stages.

Secondly, if you're using RO water, then you will need to add some 'calmag'.

I think they look ok, but most likely the reason for the issues with some of them that are having a tough time and clearly smaller for their age.

Are these photoperiods or autos?..I have no experience with 'fox farm ocean' so I can't comment on feed, but keep your eye on their colour, if you see them start to get lighter, then it's a good sign to start feeding.

Perhaps some members here with experience with that soil can be more helpful on that front

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (03-03-22), GEORGE (02-03-22), gxkon (03-03-22), V8 (03-03-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,410 Times

Ocean Forest is loaded up with nutrients, if anything maybe a touch if the all curing cal-mag.
    I used to use Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil, it's actually a touch hot for seedlings, so you shouldn't need to add nutes for quite a bit if it's the soils first use. I would usually make it close to 2 months before having to add any nutrients.
    Last edited by Deku Nut; 03-03-22 at 12:06 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deku Nut For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-03-22), gxkon (03-03-22), IceCalibur (03-03-22), V8 (03-03-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Hi gxkon, there are a few things here..

Firstly your humidity is very low and an increase in temps a tadge would help too, check out VPD charts on more information on keeping a balanced temp/humidity range for the different stages.

Secondly, if you're using RO water, then you will need to add some 'calmag'.

I think they look ok, but most likely the reason for the issues with some of them that are having a tough time and clearly smaller for their age.

Are these photoperiods or autos?..I have no experience with 'fox farm ocean' so I can't comment on feed, but keep your eye on their colour, if you see them start to get lighter, then it's a good sign to start feeding.

Perhaps some members here with experience with that soil can be more helpful on that front
    They are photos. I'm trying to keep my humidity at 60 I lose it all when I open my tent. Temps are a lil challenging cause I have such a small led grow light. I have a 600 hps on the way though. Can't wait to get that set up and rolling.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gxkon For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (03-03-22), GEORGE (03-03-22), IceCalibur (03-03-22), mpsj (03-03-22), V8 (03-03-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deku Nut View Post
    Ocean Forest is loaded up with nutrients, if anything maybe a touch if the all curing cal-mag.
    I used to use Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil, it's actually a touch hot for seedlings, so you shouldn't need to add nutes for quite a bit if it's the soils first use. I would usually make it close to 2 months before having to add any nutrients.
    That's good to know I was gonna start adding nutes next week lol the 1 teaspoon per gallon dosage of cal mag good for seedlings or should I do half that?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gxkon For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (03-03-22), GEORGE (03-03-22), V8 (03-03-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by gxkon View Post
    They are photos. I'm trying to keep my humidity at 60 I lose it all when I open my tent. Temps are a lil challenging cause I have such a small led grow light. I have a 600 hps on the way though. Can't wait to get that set up and rolling.
    Don’t get too excited,That 600w will sap your humidity even more lol.
    Terrible HPS and tents for humidity.But you’ll probably find the heat more benefit than the lack of humidity,it’s just getting them through that rough first bit,but once they are they’ll be fine.
    Are you able to turn down the bulb with the ballast ? Maybe start at 250w if so.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (03-03-22), GEORGE (03-03-22), gxkon (03-03-22), mpsj (03-03-22), V8 (03-03-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,808 Times

You can put a basin of water in the tent to help with the humidity when you fire-up that HPS.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (03-03-22), GEORGE (03-03-22), gxkon (03-03-22), V8 (03-03-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 33,477 Times

IMO you should start feed after 3-4 weeks. Deku is correct bit if they should last 2 months your pots need to be 3-5 galsbig.

How much are you watering? You might have some sort of root problem. If I where you I would get pots that are slightly bigger and pot up and when you do check the root zone!

V8
    Mini veg tent grow: V8`s mini garden

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (03-03-22), GEORGE (03-03-22), gxkon (04-03-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by V8 View Post
    IMO you should start feed after 3-4 weeks. Deku is correct bit if they should last 2 months your pots need to be 3-5 galsbig.

How much are you watering? You might have some sort of root problem. If I where you I would get pots that are slightly bigger and pot up and when you do check the root zone!

V8
    I put them in the pots last week and waited 6 days to water again which is today. Gave em some cal mag and mollasses. I water till get run off. I plan to put them in 5 gals in a week or two should I do that sooner? Plants are 2.5 weeks old.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gxkon For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (04-03-22), GEORGE (04-03-22), V8 (04-03-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 33,477 Times

I put them in the pots last week and waited 6 days to water again which is today. Gave em some cal mag and mollasses. I water till get run off. I plan to put them in 5 gals in a week or two should I do that sooner? Plants are 2.5 weeks old.
    Transplant to a 5 gal in a week or two should be fine

How was the rootball when you transplanted?

V8

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (04-03-22), GEORGE (04-03-22), gxkon (08-03-22)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast