Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Groom Automatic Fire Suppression?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,350 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mpsj View Post
    It's also a good idea to have a 24/7 indoor monitoring cam on your groom area. I use WYZE which will connect with your phone when you download their App.
    Thanks mpsj, I actually have two Wyse cams and the app on my mobile devs. I LOVE those things, as they really give peace of mind while away. Only problem is my groom is also my sroom, so I only have them pointed at my plants and sensors. I did read somewhere about putting a Ring or Nest Wifi smoke detector in there, and I actually like that idea as a supplement to auto fire suppression. Shit, for that matter I believe that Wyse offers a smoke detector solution as well if I recall correctly. Only problem is that my wifi is a bit spotty out there at times and my Wyse cams "sometimes" intermittently and go offline for a spell. May have to upgrade my extender system at some point..

I'm full of problems aren't I?

I wouldn't be so anal about fire suppression, but my groom is a room in a room. The outer room has too many toys, gear and tools to risk,twould be a saaaaad day for Domo if his toybox was destroyed..

Been busy ALL DAMN DAY today, finally going to call HTG to see if they can give me an avenue to beat down.

Thanks!

- Domo

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (25-03-22), Deku Nut (26-03-22), GEORGE (25-03-22), mpsj (25-03-22), scoot (26-01-23), V8 (25-03-22)

Thanks

Well, as a follow up.. I spoke with HTG, no dice. Called local grow store, nothing they offer, but suggested "Flame Defender" as something that "might" be available, somewhere, some how, some way..

Did a bit of looking and found ONE place. Up in MI called sun/soil hydro. Site says no new accounts, no new orders, however it let me create an acct AND place an order. Three 2kg flame defenders, no confirmation email, but already pending on the cc.

Goofy as it is to be stoked about three fire extinguisers, I am STOKED about three fire extinguishers!! Fingers and toes crossed that I actually receive and they don't say "sorry, out of stock" and send credit!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220326-161501_Firefox.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	419160

-Domo

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (27-03-22), Deku Nut (27-03-22), GEORGE (27-03-22), IceCalibur (26-03-22), M_C (31-03-22), scoot (26-01-23), V8 (26-03-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 33,477 Times

/pray

V8
    Mini veg tent grow: V8`s mini garden

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-03-22), DomoArigato (26-03-22), GEORGE (27-03-22), scoot (26-01-23)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,337 Times

Not sure if they are the same fireballs I looked at in the past but the thing that put me off them was a loud siren that goes off with it, hope you find what your looking for without having to pay $600 man that’s ridiculous

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-03-22), DomoArigato (26-03-22), GEORGE (27-03-22), scoot (26-01-23), V8 (27-03-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,054 Times

I plan on getting a couple of the balls, because in the event of a fire, the tent will collapse. I dont like the idea of something being suspended, and possibly rolling away from the fire after the tent collapses.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shaun For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (27-03-22), DomoArigato (26-03-22), GEORGE (27-03-22), M_C (27-03-22), scoot (26-01-23), scorpion (29-03-22), V8 (27-03-22)

Thanks

Ok, I'm done.. I am at the conclusion that you simply cannot get these extinguishers in the US short of ordering a Fireboy extinguisher for like $2k-3k.The order that I placed above didn't go through. No confirmation, no callback, pending charges fell off. On Monday I ordered a 10kg pendant style from Germany via ebay uk, and those weiner-schnitzles cancelled the order on me yesterday...

I said Eff it and ordered three Elide fire balls. I am not exactly pleased about the situation, but not much of crap that I can do about it. At least the Elide balls seem to be "semi" reputable "maybe" compared to the AFO and like knockoffs. Elide isn't endorsed by any US safety boards, but does have some Euro certs. I guess that this will be my only option for now, so I'll "have" to be a little bit more at ease..

That be known, I have this idea in the back of my head that involves converting a regular fire extinguisher to an automatic utilizing one of the glycerine trigger valves that you see in commercial ceilings AND on typical automatic extinguishers. I haven't completely wrapped my head around the idea and don't know if there is a design difference that would prevent me from doing it, but hopefully down the road a bit I could cobble something up that would ease my mind further..

-Domo

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

barney_b (30-03-22), Deku Nut (31-03-22), GEORGE (30-03-22), IceCalibur (30-03-22), scoot (26-01-23)

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DomoArigato View Post
    Ok, I'm done.. I am at the conclusion that you simply cannot get these extinguishers in the US short of ordering a Fireboy extinguisher for like $2k-3k.The order that I placed above didn't go through. No confirmation, no callback, pending charges fell off. On Monday I ordered a 10kg pendant style from Germany via ebay uk, and those weiner-schnitzles cancelled the order on me yesterday...

I said Eff it and ordered three Elide fire balls. I am not exactly pleased about the situation, but not much of crap that I can do about it. At least the Elide balls seem to be "semi" reputable "maybe" compared to the AFO and like knockoffs. Elide isn't endorsed by any US safety boards, but does have some Euro certs. I guess that this will be my only option for now, so I'll "have" to be a little bit more at ease..

That be known, I have this idea in the back of my head that involves converting a regular fire extinguisher to an automatic utilizing one of the glycerine trigger valves that you see in commercial ceilings AND on typical automatic extinguishers. I haven't completely wrapped my head around the idea and don't know if there is a design difference that would prevent me from doing it, but hopefully down the road a bit I could cobble something up that would ease my mind further..

-Domo
    Bloody hell Domo, this blows my mind that you're unable to find anything suitable under $2-3k in the US!

Glad you've managed to find a 'work around' for a lot less though, and I respect how you've really looked into this, as safety really is priority!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (31-03-22), GEORGE (30-03-22), scoot (26-01-23), V8 (31-03-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Bloody hell Domo, this blows my mind that you're unable to find anything suitable under $2-3k in the US!

Glad you've managed to find a 'work around' for a lot less though, and I respect how you've really looked into this, as safety really is priority!
    Thanks for your condolences Ice.. I could just be an obsessive worry-wart, but just important to me, probably a bit obsessive as well, did I mention that I tend to overbuild things? I should also clarify, I'm referring to the $2k+ Fireboy equivalent to the 10-12kg units that are currently available elsewhere in the world. They have smaller units available, but I would like whole room shutdown protection as compared to spot protection..

Maybe it's lack of product availabilty like other things that have not been available due to rona reasons. There are a number of sites that show that they "once" sold these, but are sold out. Might start cold calling grow shops up and down the east coast to see if they have one sitting in the corner.

Thanks for allowing me to vent, lol

-Domo

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DomoArigato For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (31-03-22), GEORGE (31-03-22), IceCalibur (31-03-22), scoot (26-01-23)

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DomoArigato View Post
    Thanks for your condolences Ice.. I could just be an obsessive worry-wart, but just important to me, probably a bit obsessive as well, did I mention that I tend to overbuild things? I should also clarify, I'm referring to the $2k+ Fireboy equivalent to the 10-12kg units that are currently available elsewhere in the world. They have smaller units available, but I would like whole room shutdown protection as compared to spot protection..

Maybe it's lack of product availabilty like other things that have not been available due to rona reasons. There are a number of sites that show that they "once" sold these, but are sold out. Might start cold calling grow shops up and down the east coast to see if they have one sitting in the corner.

Thanks for allowing me to vent, lol

-Domo
    Vent away Domo, vent away!.. hope you find one in your search

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (31-03-22), DomoArigato (31-03-22), GEORGE (31-03-22), scoot (26-01-23)

Thanks

Found a 2kg one on Amazon UK if you search for '2kg Fire Shield Pro Auto'.

I am 99% sure I have heard of Fire Shield Pro when we had to have them in the house for insurance reasons years ago. Not automatic ones, just regular ones.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hopscotch123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-01-23), IceCalibur (26-01-23), scoot (26-01-23)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast