Thread: Cbd v thc

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,845 Times

Default Cbd v thc

Hi all looking for a bit of info really, everything i read on the net is very conflicting.

Basically what would the benefit if a full cbd strain be? My father wants to help with pain etc but doesn't want to get high, so if I grew a full cbd strain and maybe cooked woth it would that help him or would it need to be thc?

I'm trying to find info on benefits on taking thc and benefits of taking just cbd

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-22), Mac (06-04-22), M_C (06-04-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

THC is psychoactive CBD is not

Psychoactive, also called psychotropic, is a term that is applied to chemical substances that change a person's mental state by affecting the way the brain and nervous system work. This can lead to intoxication, which is often the main reason people choose to take psychoactive drugs.
    You can use CBD and will not feel any of the effects typical stoners look for.

A full CBD strain will still have some THC in it but will be a low number usually under 3%. Not enough to feel the effects.

CBD is great for medical use, and actually counter acts THC, If you get too high you can smoke a CBD joint and balance yourself back out really quickly.

There are lots of strains available, they will say on the pack the ratio of CBD to THC. you can get anywhere from a 1:1 cbd/thc to 20:0.5 cbd/thc

Theres a few member on here grow CBD that will be along soon enough to recommend some strains for you
    Last edited by Mac; 06-04-22 at 08:50 AM.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-22), Twisted (06-04-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
    Hi all looking for a bit of info really, everything i read on the net is very conflicting.

Basically what would the benefit if a full cbd strain be? My father wants to help with pain etc but doesn't want to get high, so if I grew a full cbd strain and maybe cooked woth it would that help him or would it need to be thc?

I'm trying to find info on benefits on taking thc and benefits of taking just cbd

You can always make suppositories, all the benefits without the high providing you only insert shallow

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-22), Mac (10-04-22), Twisted (10-04-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,845 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Chew View Post
    You can always make suppositories, all the benefits without the high providing you only insert shallow
    Cheers chew, so the rso method is 60g in 90 days would I use the same dosage for suppositories? Qnd how would I go about making suppositories?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twisted For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-22), Mac (10-04-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,958 Times

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-22), Mac (11-04-22), Twisted (13-04-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
    Cheers chew, so the rso method is 60g in 90 days would I use the same dosage for suppositories? Qnd how would I go about making suppositories?

Nah. You shouldn’t need doses that high really. Ideally you want to use as little as possible but just enough to find the sweet spot. No need to overload his system. And suppositories are very effective.

Extract the oil, make capsules and use them as suppositories.

40:1 = 1 g CCO + 32 g carrier oil + 8 g sunflower liquid lecithin

20:1 = 1 g CCO + 16 g carrier oil + 4 g sunflower liquid lecithin

10:1 = 1 g CCO + 8 g carrier oil + 2 g sunflower liquid lecithin

5:1 = 1 g CCO + 4 g carrier oil + 1 g sunflower liquid lecithin

1. Mix your CO with your chosen carrier oil in a warm water bath.
    2. Now add the Lecithin and mix well
    3. Place in the fridge for 24 hrs but mix again after 12 hrs
    4. Bring up to room temp and fill your capsules using a 1 ml/g syringe

Best to start off 40:1 and see what happens. Maybe twice per day and then 3rd one if needed. You just have to experiment with strength and how often. And obviously make sure it won’t interact negatively with other meds he may be taking already

Everyone is different and respond differently to cannabis so it’s just trial and error really
    Last edited by Chew; 10-04-22 at 07:45 PM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-22), Mac (11-04-22), Mart the Elder (24-07-22), Shovel1966 (10-04-22), Twisted (13-04-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Chew View Post
    Nah. You shouldn’t need doses that high really. Ideally you want to use as little as possible but just enough to find the sweet spot. No need to overload his system. And suppositories are very effective.

Extract the oil, make capsules and use them as suppositories.

40:1 = 1 g CCO + 32 g carrier oil + 8 g sunflower liquid lecithin

20:1 = 1 g CCO + 16 g carrier oil + 4 g sunflower liquid lecithin

10:1 = 1 g CCO + 8 g carrier oil + 2 g sunflower liquid lecithin

5:1 = 1 g CCO + 4 g carrier oil + 1 g sunflower liquid lecithin

1. Mix your CO with your chosen carrier oil in a warm water bath.
    2. Now add the Lecithin and mix well
    3. Place in the fridge for 24 hrs but mix again after 12 hrs
    4. Bring up to room temp and fill your capsules using a 1 ml/g syringe

Best to start off 40:1 and see what happens. Maybe twice per day and then 3rd one if needed. You just have to experiment with strength and how often. And obviously make sure it won’t interact negatively with other meds he may be taking already

Everyone is different and respond differently to cannabis so it’s just trial and error really
    Hey Chew long time no see, what's up dude.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Mac (11-04-22)