View Poll Results: Wet or dry

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wet

13 56.52%
  • Dry

10 43.48%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: QUICK POLE: Wet or Dry Trimming?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,584 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    ime, 14 to 16 days is the optimum time for drying. The RH% affects the speed of the drying. Easier to change the drying method than alter the RH%.

With high humidity, I did a close wet trim or it took too long. Although my drying area is now lower humidity, I still wet trim through force of habit. A few crops have dried too fast. I have some brown paper party bags to try in an attempt to slow down the drying process. If it works, I can dry in the groom while other plants are growing there. Would be very convenient so worth a try.

To minimise trim jail hassles, I only use one glove. My ungloved scissor hand never touches the plants. I have a few ciggies and spliffs pre rolled for smoke breaks. Plant hacked until the 2'x1' tray is full. Bowl next to tray. Crude butchery until all bud, sugar leaves and trim etc. is in the bowl. All fan leaves and larger stalks still on the tray. Tray emptied into carrier bag and loaded up again with more branches. 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off until there is no bud left on the plants.

My first ever harvest was trimmed using the scissors on a Leatherman Wave. 20 years on and there is still some hash residue on those scissors.

Congratulations on your upcoming harvest Poison Ivy.
    I appreciate your details, and tips, as well! That’s why I am keeping my written journal; those little things like one glove? That is BRILLIANT, and something you would ONLY learn from experience!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PoizonIvy For This Useful Post:

barney_b (08-04-22), CityDweller (08-04-22), Farmer Geddon (09-04-22), GEORGE (08-04-22), Mac (08-04-22), scoot (09-04-22), TightNugs (09-04-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    Not sure why this wasn't said earlier. Why not try both?

You'll have to pay extra close attention though

But yeah, I'd wager to say that most seasoned growers have tried both ways and have found their preference.

Either way you decide on, once again, GET YOUR DRYING SPACE SETTLED AND SET!!!!

Seems a lot of new folks don't give it much thought until their colas are hanging and drying too quickly. Be better.

Cheers

You in town this weekend?
    Oh, yeah, without a doubt, two and two I was curious to see what the ‘norm’ was Should have known better.. but I fascinated by the variations of reasons, rituals, experiences.. #anthropologic
    Your side of the woods on Saturday. Sunday:

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PoizonIvy For This Useful Post:

barney_b (08-04-22), CityDweller (08-04-22), Farmer Geddon (09-04-22), GEORGE (08-04-22), Mac (08-04-22), scoot (09-04-22)

Thanks

Thank you, everyone for your feedback and advice. This forum really is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PoizonIvy For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (09-04-22), Farmer Geddon (09-04-22), GEORGE (09-04-22), Mac (09-04-22), scoot (09-04-22), TightNugs (09-04-22)

Thanks

Used to wet trim. Ended up with more bags of frosty trim in my chest freezer than I wanted - some been there for a few years now lol. So I thought I would give dry trimming a go. That was about 3 grows back and I will never look back lol. Slower dry, better cure not as messy....still slightly messy as lets be fair dry trimming should still have 50% humidity in there in my house anyway otherwise I have let them dry too much. But I just find the process that much easier with the dry trim.
    IF I was into making better use of the actual trim then I would go back to wet, but I just don't use it.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to davidfa For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (09-04-22), Farmer Geddon (09-04-22), GEORGE (09-04-22), Mac (09-04-22), PoizonIvy (10-04-22), TightNugs (10-04-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidfa View Post
    Used to wet trim. Ended up with more bags of frosty trim in my chest freezer than I wanted - some been there for a few years now lol. So I thought I would give dry trimming a go. That was about 3 grows back and I will never look back lol. Slower dry, better cure not as messy....still slightly messy as lets be fair dry trimming should still have 50% humidity in there in my house anyway otherwise I have let them dry too much. But I just find the process that much easier with the dry trim.
    IF I was into making better use of the actual trim then I would go back to wet, but I just don't use it.
    So do you continue to keep the trim? Edibles don’t really do it for me, but I understand there’s other things to do with it. Once the trim is frozen, does it ever lose any characteristics after a point, or can you freeze it indefinitely, if you wanted?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PoizonIvy For This Useful Post:

Buttercup (10-04-22), Farmer Geddon (10-04-22), GEORGE (10-04-22), TightNugs (10-04-22)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5