Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seeds now legal

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,622 Times

Monsanto is already working on genetically modified and cheap cannabis seeds for everyone

J

"If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

barney_b (11-04-22), forager (23-04-22), GEORGE (11-04-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,467 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo View Post
    Monsanto is already working on genetically modified and cheap cannabis seeds for everyone

J

Monsanto has a history of protecting their genetics by raiding farmers' properties and DNA testing crops. Can't imagine they'd have much luck in this industry protecting their genetics. Hell, I can't imagine any respectable grower buying Monsanto seeds but I've been surprised before. Maybe they can specialize some varieties that don't grow pistils. Seen a plant like that the other day. Perhaps the only way to protect against self pollination to make more seeds of the same.

Technically... aren't all the seeds we buy GMO?

Cheers

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-22), Jingo (11-04-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,622 Times

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    Monsanto has a history of protecting their genetics by raiding farmers' properties and DNA testing crops. Can't imagine they'd have much luck in this industry protecting their genetics. Hell, I can't imagine any respectable grower buying Monsanto seeds but I've been surprised before. Maybe they can specialize some varieties that don't grow pistils. Seen a plant like that the other day. Perhaps the only way to protect against self pollination to make more seeds of the same.

Cheers
    Well not all seeds are GMO in the way that Monsanto does them. They use crisper technology to edit the genome of the plant and the seed.

It's been a few years since I heard of them doing research in California and I figured it probably went over like a lead balloon and they abandoned the idea.

J

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-04-22)

Thanks

Cheers
    Easy peasy for them...couple shell companies and they are in...if they aren't already

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GatorXP For This Useful Post:

barney_b (13-05-22), forager (23-04-22), GEORGE (11-04-22), Jingo (12-04-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

"The Drug Enforcement Administration has Clarified that Marijuana Seeds are nod conisdeaed illegal controll substance as long as they contain less than .3% Delta 9 THC."

(Seeds are define as Hemp). Marijuana it's self has been reclassified to A schedule 3 Drug from A schedule 1.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...house-bill/365

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

barney_b (13-05-22), Jingo (13-05-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    "The Drug Enforcement Administration has Clarified that Marijuana Seeds are nod conisdeaed illegal controll substance as long as they contain less than .3% Delta 9 THC."

(Seeds are define as Hemp). Marijuana it's self has been reclassified to A schedule 3 Drug from A schedule 1.
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...house-bill/365
    Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly but it seems that the bill has merely been introduced and yet be voted on in the House or the Senate. Introduced and drafted by a Republican Senator out of Florida: introduced by Rep. Greg Steube (R-FL)

Seeds though, seem perfectly legal by my readings as you said, under .3%.

Cheers
    B

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (13-05-22), GEORGE (13-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,419 Times

Maybe I'm reading this incorrectly but it seems that the bill has merely been introduced and yet be voted on in the House or the Senate. Introduced and drafted by a Republican Senator out of Florida: introduced by Rep. Greg Steube (R-FL)

Seeds though, seem perfectly legal by my readings as you said, under .3%.

Cheers
    B
    You are 100% correct B. The bill has not been voted on yet George, so it is not a law. Still schedule 1 unfortunately.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

barney_b (13-05-22), GEORGE (13-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

No it has, the Congress Pass it last April, it has been sent to the Senate now for there take on it. Whoop Whoop

https://www.c-span.org/video/?519065...ijuana-220-204

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

barney_b (13-05-22), Blue61 (13-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,419 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    No it has, the Congress Pass it last April, it has been sent to the Senate now for there take on it. Whoop Whoop

https://www.c-span.org/video/?519065...ijuana-220-204
    In order to become law, the senate must pass the bill and then the President needs to sign it. Hopefully the senate
    will pass it but I think it's doubtful.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

barney_b (13-05-22), GEORGE (13-05-22)

Thanks

Yeah I don't think it gets past the Senate... 46, I think, would sign it. He's been full of it concerning decriminilization though.

Things are moving fast. Hopefully Florida gets on the canna-bus sooner than later!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-22)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast