Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Radiator

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,066 Times
    Provided Answers: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy bud View Post
    hopefully with led be no need for it

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

If you seal the room & it's well insulated it'll you'll only have to run the AC at low levels as that LED won't put of much heat (although it may well build up in a sealed environment). Then ramp those Co2 levels up & party @ yours dance2:

With elevated Co2 levels you can run hotter temps, meaning less cooling required & more importantly you'll have a perfect environment. Simply dial in the controllers & run perfect levels all year round. Then you just need a big reservoir, a pH controller, AutoPots & a webcam & you'll only have to go in there once a week

I know there's extra cost in running that kit but if the rooms well insulate heating / cooling will be minimal & without exchanging air could well workout having a 1500W heater cranked throughout winter as you're constantly drawing cold air in.

Co2 (which is relatively inexpensive to run as a consumable) at elevated levels increases yields so while the running cost my be higher you may well end up with a greater weed / running cost ratio from a larger harvest. However I think a well insulated sealed room would work out cheaper & you'll have far better harvests from a dialed in room, without having to deal with mitigating the temperature & humidity swings you'll get dealing with atmospheric levels.

I apologies for the essay & if this comes across as "preachy" in anyway but...

Are you using all that space? If not I'd make it smaller. Bring walls in around those plants, less space for a heater to heat & less running cost (you'll gain reflectivity too). You could also run the exhaust fan lower turn the exhaust fan speed down too (less turnover required in a .

Have you calculated the volume of the room the m3/hr it would require to turnover? I forget the calculation but there a calculator on the Hydroponics.EU website (put in the length x width x height of the room & probably add 20-40% depending on the length / restrictions in your ducting / filter run).

Say you're aiming for an ambient temperature of 25c... You could set a 500W heater to come on at 24c & the 1500W at 23c so it only pulls the juice if needed & will save electric in the long run.

I'd try & get my exhaust fan running as close to this as possible, no point running it harder if you're trying to heat the area. Also bear in mind when plants are young the air won't need to be replenished as often, so running the exhaust on a lower minimum speed will keep your heater working less (also why you should drop the minimum exhaust fan speed at night - Assuming the AC Infinity sensor has a light sensor on it)?

If you were to box in an area wall in the grow area & insulate that & then take you intake air from this (internal, insulated) area, putting a heater in there would warm the intake air before it was drawn into the room. Like 1000 words & shit

I suppose I should update my own thread after all that
    B1unt XIII: Chemdogging & Sour Diesel - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...post1071304159

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

barney_b (22-04-22), Farmer Geddon (23-04-22), Fluffy bud (22-04-22), GEORGE (22-04-22), IceCalibur (22-04-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,381 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

Quote Originally Posted by B1unt View Post
    If you seal the room & it's well insulated it'll you'll only have to run the AC at low levels as that LED won't put of much heat (although it may well build up in a sealed environment). Then ramp those Co2 levels up & party @ yours dance2:

With elevated Co2 levels you can run hotter temps, meaning less cooling required & more importantly you'll have a perfect environment. Simply dial in the controllers & run perfect levels all year round. Then you just need a big reservoir, a pH controller, AutoPots & a webcam & you'll only have to go in there once a week

I know there's extra cost in running that kit but if the rooms well insulate heating / cooling will be minimal & without exchanging air could well workout having a 1500W heater cranked throughout winter as you're constantly drawing cold air in.

Co2 (which is relatively inexpensive to run as a consumable) at elevated levels increases yields so while the running cost my be higher you may well end up with a greater weed / running cost ratio from a larger harvest. However I think a well insulated sealed room would work out cheaper & you'll have far better harvests from a dialed in room, without having to deal with mitigating the temperature & humidity swings you'll get dealing with atmospheric levels.

I apologies for the essay & if this comes across as "preachy" in anyway but...

Are you using all that space? If not I'd make it smaller. Bring walls in around those plants, less space for a heater to heat & less running cost (you'll gain reflectivity too). You could also run the exhaust fan lower turn the exhaust fan speed down too (less turnover required in a .

Have you calculated the volume of the room the m3/hr it would require to turnover? I forget the calculation but there a calculator on the Hydroponics.EU website (put in the length x width x height of the room & probably add 20-40% depending on the length / restrictions in your ducting / filter run).

Say you're aiming for an ambient temperature of 25c... You could set a 500W heater to come on at 24c & the 1500W at 23c so it only pulls the juice if needed & will save electric in the long run.

I'd try & get my exhaust fan running as close to this as possible, no point running it harder if you're trying to heat the area. Also bear in mind when plants are young the air won't need to be replenished as often, so running the exhaust on a lower minimum speed will keep your heater working less (also why you should drop the minimum exhaust fan speed at night - Assuming the AC Infinity sensor has a light sensor on it)?

If you were to box in an area wall in the grow area & insulate that & then take you intake air from this (internal, insulated) area, putting a heater in there would warm the intake air before it was drawn into the room. Like 1000 words & shit

I suppose I should update my own thread after all that
    Like the little drawing haha
    I'll get it sorted I think with this run I could call it a practice run to dile everything in.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (23-04-22), Farmer Geddon (23-04-22), GEORGE (22-04-22)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4