Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can you use both led and hps?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

In your situation, I would stay with hps until at least one grow ahead. Then the led learning curve journey can begin. If there's any risk of running dry, why choose a head scratching led grow over an easy hps grow? Although the hps will cost more to run per gram, there is much more confidence in getting those grams.

Even though I had the leds here, I did a yield grow with the cmh first. Just as well. My led grow won't be a good yield, first time problems. I don't care that much, it's a tester and my jars are full.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-04-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1980 View Post
    Had amazing results with hps on my first ever grow

Switched to Telos 10 pro for my second run and will shortly know whether that was a success or not
    (My opinion is it wasn’t anywhere near as good in terms of yield as my first run)

I’m apprehensive about using the LEDs again as I am so inexperienced and the hps run was a doddle.

My question is can I use 2 x shades with hps bulbs and 1 x led in there?

Kind of feel gutted that I have wasted so much on 3 x led units so if I could still use one of them it would soften the blow of wasting all that money lol

Cheers Bobby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For sure if you want any help dialling in your leds let me know happy to help. There is a bit of a adjustment switching from hps to led can be very stressful if your not aware of changes you need to make.

Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eighttwo For This Useful Post:

Bobby1980 (12-06-22), GEORGE (11-06-22), V8 (11-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    My led grow won't be a good yield, first time problems.
    Quoting myself. Naughty boy.

Despite the early problems, the yield is good. Not having dimmers, when I got problems I turned off one of the lights until the flowering stretch was over.

Not high density buds. Probably down to the lights being hung high. Almost 6 foot between the lights and the garden tray. I don't care about them not being rock hard, they're good enough to make a spliff with and not having to adjust the height of the light is a game changer for me.

In the unlikely event of me upgrading these lights, I'd get something overpowered and hang it high. I'd use the dimmer to control the distance between nodes. Not too short, not too long.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-06-22), TightNugs (11-06-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2