Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pk booster

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,143 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Popped her head above soil end of January, she’s been in veg over 3 months now.

As Sam, it’s just a matter of holding them back. A couple of times I’ve taken her out the pot, cut a third of the root mass away with a bread knife, put her back in the same pot with some fresh soil.
    very nice, I have taken some cuttings before flowering the plants off, I keep cutting/plants small an till the flower room is free,
    cuttings takes about 10 days to root, I pot them up, then its another 2 weeks before I have to start chopping them back, say 30 days. Also giving the plants less food and light will slow the growth down, could use 2 x 12.5w leds in my veg space
    This could veg 6 plants in 1.5ltr pots(45cm x 30cm) but I only need 4 plants, (25w would easy cover a 1ft x 1ft veg space, no reflector, will start them off with 12.5w).
    I will chop them back every week an till the flower room is free.

Really need to give this some thought, 1 x 12.5w may be enough light to keep the 4 plants happy(1ft x 1ft) an till the flower is free(going to use my lux meter to see how much light they would get), anything over 10,000, I should be good.

any thoughts on this?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-05-22), Farmer Geddon (07-05-22), GEORGE (07-05-22), Mac (07-05-22), ValdtheImpotent (07-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,808 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bklyngenitix View Post
    when is the best time to give PK booster and when do you start count days in flower?
    Right or wrong I consider the flip to 12/12 the first day of flowering. It’s easy for my aging mind to remember.

…When I see folks making reference to adding PK I’ve learned they’re likely referring to a product(s) called PK or the like. Because they are so many growing styles/environments it’s hard for me to decipher how growers can communicate effectively among one another using such a vague term such as “PK”. I can communicate easier with growers if they give me their N-P-K numbers. My base NPK’s ratios are 3-2-2 or 4-3-3 for vegging and 2-4-4 or 2-3-3 for bloom.
    I guess I’m kinda ol’ fashion but prefer to supplement my P and K separately by regulating their ppm.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (07-05-22), CityDweller (07-05-22), Farmer Geddon (07-05-22), GEORGE (07-05-22), Mac (07-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

There are so many variables that affect harvest time. I find it easier to not be counting weeks and just let them go until loupe says they are ripe.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (07-05-22), Farmer Geddon (07-05-22), GEORGE (07-05-22), IceCalibur (07-05-22), Mac (07-05-22), mpsj (07-05-22), ValdtheImpotent (07-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,078 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHomeGrown View Post
    very nice, I have taken some cuttings before flowering the plants off, I keep cutting/plants small an till the flower room is free,
    cuttings takes about 10 days to root, I pot them up, then its another 2 weeks before I have to start chopping them back, say 30 days. Also giving the plants less food and light will slow the growth down, could use 2 x 12.5w leds in my veg space
    This could veg 6 plants in 1.5ltr pots(45cm x 30cm) but I only need 4 plants, (25w would easy cover a 1ft x 1ft veg space, no reflector, will start them off with 12.5w).
    I will chop them back every week an till the flower room is free.

Really need to give this some thought, 1 x 12.5w may be enough light to keep the 4 plants happy(1ft x 1ft) an till the flower is free(going to use my lux meter to see how much light they would get), anything over 10,000, I should be good.

any thoughts on this?
    With Led lighting I wouldn’t have a clue, I’ve never used them. I’ve got a 250w Blue CFL in my veg space, that’s more than adequate for my needs. Any new strain of seed I germinate (photo) , when I do the first top I’ll root the bit I’ve cut off, just in case it turns out to be a keeper. But I’m not going to know that for a good couple of months, so in that time If the cuts get to big for the veg space, I’ll top them again root the bit I’ve cut off and discard the stock plant. Keeps the numbers low, frees up space and ensures I’ve still got a copy of the keeper (if indeed there is a keeper)
    The only reason the plant above has been vegging so long is because I wanted 2 plants same strain in DWC, I planted 3 seeds just in case 1 was a dud, all 3 come up, so 2 got flowered in the DWC, and the one above I just kept cutting back and repotting, because I had enough space to. I took a cut off each of the 2 DWC plants mid veg, so now in the veg room I have the plant above and 2 plants grown from the clones, all in soil, that are now begging to be put in to flower.
    I’ll be smoking the 2 DWC plants in a couple of weeks so I’ll know then if I want to keep any for a third run.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ValdtheImpotent For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (07-05-22), Farmer Geddon (07-05-22), GEORGE (07-05-22), Mac (07-05-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2