Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What am I Missing?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,808 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Blue61 View Post
    Here you go.

Yep...Low pH can cause more than one deficiency. Calcium is another.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-05-22), Doink (15-05-22), GEORGE (15-05-22), V8 (17-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,521 Times

Hi everyone, thanks so much for all your advice. I have carefully done a slurry test and the result was ph 6.3 which was lower than I was expecting. Blue61 your pic of a ca deficiency is compellingly similar but i have lower leaves affected first which suggests a mobile nute us the problem. I have attached full pic of the plant below, taken this evening, so you can see how she is doing.

Things I have done:

1) top dressed the container with a range of amendments that should contain a bit if everything, have included plenty of alfalfa which breaks down quickly, qatered in with soluble kelp, microbes tea and malted barley powder.
    2) foliar fed with kelp and Epsom salts for quick boost if micro nilutes Inc sulphur
    3) dropped the light down to absolute minimum so they are under no pressure to grow whilst the actions above take their time to work.

Also 2 of my other 3 plants have shown slight effects of the same problem so they are all getting the same treatment.

Please let me know any thoughts on the above, I will keep you posted on progress.

Thanks,
    DT

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220515_221711.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	422657
    Last edited by dick_turpine; 15-05-22 at 10:38 PM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dick_turpine For This Useful Post:

barney_b (17-05-22), Blue61 (17-05-22), CityDweller (16-05-22), GEORGE (16-05-22), mpsj (16-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,521 Times

Bit of an update on this thread.

I have decided that this is not a nutrient issue but is in fact damage caused by phototoxicity from some horticultural soap I used a week or so ago.

I have concluded thus by a) the speed it came on and b) the fact 3 separate plants all have exact same symptoms within a day or so of each other c) pH etc in affected por is fine and everything else seems OK too

If I am right, this is a mistake and I must stop killing with kindness. Good news is, I have a couple I'd healthy spare plants in the nursery so I think I will swap out the worst affected and try yo care the rest back to health and if necessary I can swap out another one. If the new one doesn't have any problem, my diagnosis was probably correct.

I will keep you posted.
    Last edited by dick_turpine; 17-05-22 at 12:24 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dick_turpine For This Useful Post:

barney_b (17-05-22), Blue61 (17-05-22), CityDweller (17-05-22), GEORGE (17-05-22)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3