Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LED vs HPS?

Thanks

yes estimates now saying in oct its going to be 42% increase maybe more, standing charge they more or less doubled, its all profit, the infrastructure was already in place when Thatcher sold off all the utilities, we are being fucked, hence my move to give them bastards as less as I can get away with and improve me yeild by switching to coco, normally grow in all mix but cant say its organic not when its shipped from the other side of the country and coco is reusable as, so i am led to belive,

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ManicPilchardFace For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (27-05-22), Farmer Geddon (27-05-22), GEORGE (27-05-22)

Thanks

i can turn radiator on, oil central heating here, despite the massive hike we had to pay its still beating gas or leccy for heating hands down..put a leccy blanket underneath the tent before putting back up again is a good idea i read somewhere.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ManicPilchardFace For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (27-05-22), Farmer Geddon (27-05-22), GEORGE (27-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    Could be my faulty stoner memory but each day when I turn the newly chopped buds on the drying racks, my hands feel stickier than when I was turning bud grown under hid.
    I agree. A good full spectrum LED gets stickier than the HID. Being in a loft i have never had to add heat with the LED.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (27-05-22), Farmer Geddon (27-05-22), GEORGE (27-05-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Welf View Post
    So it looks like led's have come a long way in the last decade or so and with the cost of electric these days have many of you converted over and would you say they are comparible?

I just wonder about things like the density of the buds and things like that
    So I have used 600 and a 1000 watt hps.
    Then switched to led based on what I read.
    I have been using a Lumatek Zeus 600 for not far off two years now.
    When I was using the hps I did ok. But since I have started using the Zeus my yield and quality level jumped up 10 fold. To the point it shocked me and I wouldn’t believe it if hadn’t done it myself. That being said I had a shit load of teething problems switching over like humidity for example took me a while to get a handle on it. But there wasn’t much data when I jumped on the led train so was a lot of trial and error. But all the info is out there now. So thankfully if you switch got all the info you need.

I have gone from averaging 4 to 600 grams per light hps. Normal in and out temps most of the time where okay except in summer where it was what it was.

Then I went led once I dialled it all in with a in and out I was getting 600 to 800gs per light. But like I said took me time to dial it in was a lot of errors made on my part. But was way easier to deal with in summer if I ran through the night temps where on point most of the time.

Then I pulled my socks up becoz I like punishing myself and went sealed room with aircon. Then I saw the power of technology lol I’m averaging 900 to 1200 grams per light.

So what I figured out if you dial in a sealed room with leds you hit the peak of efficiency. Once/if you do even tho this is hard and expensive man the results are something to behold. The weed I grow/smoke is the best I have ever had people ask me where I get my cali from all the time. And I just smile and know that my hard work and pain was worth it. Enjoy my bro which ever road you choose may your yields be big and bountiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eighttwo For This Useful Post:

Allthegoodstuff1 (17-07-22), Farmer Geddon (11-06-22), GEORGE (11-06-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2