Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Getting heat into tent

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Turning the heater off will save leccy. It will also reduce yield.

Which will give the lowest growing cost per gram, leccy used for heating or an unheated grow?

1 light + 1 heater vs twice the space used, 2 lights + no heaters.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

Doink (24-05-22), GEORGE (24-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,064 Times

Box in the heater & run a duct to the intake, this way all the heat gets drawn into the tent & not the lung room.

Exhaust from the bottom of the tent so air is drawn in from the top, so it draws the heat off the lights & over the plants.

If you recirculate the exhaust air back into the lung room I’d image you’ll have a nightmare with humidity levels.
    Last edited by B1unt; 24-05-22 at 12:11 PM.
    B1unt XIII: Chemdogging & Sour Diesel - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...post1071304159

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

Doink (24-05-22), Farmer Geddon (24-05-22), GEORGE (24-05-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B1unt View Post
    Box in the heater & run a duct to the intake, this way all the heat gets drawn into the tent & not the lung room.

Exhaust from the bottom of the tent so air is drawn in from the top, so it draws the heat off the lights & over the plants.

If you recirculate the exhaust air back into the lung room I’d image you’ll have a nightmare with humidity levels.
    Good point about rh

Yh currently got a PC fan attached to a duct feeding the tent which is screwed 2 inches off lung room ceiling. Directly below the PC fan on the floor is my oil heater. heat rises straight up and into the fan.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seatrek For This Useful Post:

Doink (24-05-22), Farmer Geddon (24-05-22), GEORGE (24-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,991 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Seatrek View Post
    Have you got a fan to draw air from outside into your lung room or does the air just come in from under door gaps etc?

I like the idea of the air circulation but wonder how much fresh air is actually NEW inside lung and tent
    I run a passive intake, but the window in the lung room is usually open, except if it's very cold.

Growing seems to be about compromise imo. Unless you have the space and funds to get everything perfect then it's usually about weighing up the pros and cons of the details and seeing what works best for you.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doink For This Useful Post:

B1unt (30-05-22), Blue61 (24-05-22), Farmer Geddon (24-05-22), GEORGE (24-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,418 Times

Quote Originally Posted by DoinkBrah View Post
    I run a passive intake, but the window in the lung room is usually open, except if it's very cold.

Growing seems to be about compromise imo. Unless you have the space and funds to get everything perfect then it's usually about weighing up the pros and cons of the details and seeing what works best for you.
    Spot on Doink!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

B1unt (30-05-22), Doink (24-05-22), Farmer Geddon (24-05-22), GEORGE (24-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,953 Times

Have you figured out a solution yet?

I used a really cool heater this winter that was both cheap to run and safe. Check out Amaze Heaters. I couldn't be more happy with mine. It does seem to be on the dry side which I combated with leaving an open metal coffee can with h2o in it sitting on the floor in front of it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sun&Soil For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (03-06-22), GEORGE (03-06-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutThatSunandSoil View Post
    Have you figured out a solution yet?

I used a really cool heater this winter that was both cheap to run and safe. Check out Amaze Heaters. I couldn't be more happy with mine. It does seem to be on the dry side which I combated with leaving an open metal coffee can with h2o in it sitting on the floor in front of it.
    I kind of had the solution there all along I just couldn't tap into it. First was I had a half arsed job of insulating the lung room with tent inside. I put R5 rated ceiling insulation in and did the walls that made a HUGE difference. Not just the obvious of keeping it warm or cooler but the fact you can dial in your equipment a lot easier and see results easier also. I have a temp sensor inside of tent and one completly outside tent and room altogether.

Getting 8 degrees outside sometimes with 85+ rh
    inside tent would be 22 ° with 54rh

Also been able to set the heater on timer and not have on all time. I've left PC fan above heater 50mm off ceiling that pushes hot air through duct to bottom of tent . Having exhaust fan on helps this small PC fan.

Someone suggested putting exhaust fan at bottom and hot air come in at top which I think is brilliant idea just haven't got round to it but will before the girls start filling out.
    My dehumidifier has been stood down as this setup is working well. It'll probably come alive when I've gotta get 30-45rh

On a side note if anyone following my other thread I had a few pH issues. I now reckon it was due to me chopping leaves off every day for 3 weeks straight

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seatrek For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (03-06-22), Farmer Geddon (03-06-22), GEORGE (03-06-22), Sun&Soil (03-06-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2