Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Setup

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Eighttwo View Post
    So you wing all your crops but copy and learn from others. You have contradicted yourself in the first 4 lines.

Nobody said you need anything it’s a preference based on results.

All this bitchie behaviour from grown men what is up with some of you guys. If you want sub par results that’s fine. Does not mean everyone has to accept them.

If your standard is bottom of the barrel that’s ok. Enjoy. Unfortunately that’s not my preference.

Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
    Right that's it, no-one here is being 'bitchie' except you..you've had your chances here, you were lucky to get away with the two links you posted, given a chance..and now continuing to get insultive and argumentative with respected members here for no reason..we don't need your aggressive attitude or negativity here, good bye!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (12-06-22), CityDweller (11-06-22), GEORGE (11-06-22), TightNugs (11-06-22), V8 (11-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,954 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Right that's it, no-one here is being 'bitchie'..you've had your chances here, you were lucky to get away with the two links you posted, now continuing to get argumentative with respected members here for no reason..we don't need your aggressive attitude or negativity here, good bye!
    Think he’s had to many shandy’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Harry1990 For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (12-06-22), CityDweller (11-06-22), GEORGE (11-06-22), IceCalibur (11-06-22), TightNugs (11-06-22), V8 (11-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,833 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Harry1990 View Post
    Think he’s had to many shandy’s

Been on um 24 hours then lol,hell of a sess.Stupid really had some valid points just bad attitude

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TightNugs For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (12-06-22), CityDweller (11-06-22), Easy-T (11-06-22), GEORGE (11-06-22), IceCalibur (11-06-22), V8 (11-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Eighttwo View Post
    Your stand point is percey growers should just wing it?

And my understanding of winging it is to do something last minute that you don’t really know what your doing. That’s your position?

People shouldn’t learn from the people that came before them and made mistakes? And used the latest tech as and when it’s available?

Seems a little odd…
    We seem to have a different understanding of 'winging it'. To me, winging it is using what experience you already have to make decisions on the fly.* Those who don't know what they're doing should find simple instructions and follow those simple instructions to the absolute letter. That will give the best result possible with zero skills and experience. Of course they don't. Most first timers 'go for it' and often, the harder they try, the less they yield. What experience teaches them is how to avoid fucking up. Many end up with a simple grow routine that they could have started with. Such is life.

That type of winging it is fine for percy growers. I never said that they should be winging it. Some are into getting things exact and that's their choice. As long as we stay self sufficient, it doesn't matter how we do it.

To varying degrees, we all learn from those that came before. I learned to not make mistakes wrt ec and pH by using a proven nutrient regime that always has the ec and pH stay in range. Others have learned to read plants with the help of those who went before. End result is the same, healthy plants. Two paths, same destination.

The buds from my first led grow have been burped and weighed. Initial problems and I winged it by halving the wattage for a while. It has blown the socks off my best hid grows both in grams per watt and yield per square foot. A bloody test grow at that, no pretence at getting a good yield. I'm itching to repeat my last photo grow which gave 320g from 315w cmh.

Having no dimmers, I've got the lights on a timer, 20/4, for the new grow. It may take a few grows to get the light schedule optimum but I won't be running dry in the process so no never mind.

* led users without a par meter seem to be using the dimmer to get the distance between nodes to their liking. 3" between nodes is common. How far apart are the nodes with a dialled in led?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (12-06-22), CityDweller (11-06-22), GEORGE (12-06-22), IceCalibur (11-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,954 Times

What is the word winging it mean coz I haven’t got a glue?

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Harry1990 For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (12-06-22), CityDweller (11-06-22), Farmer Geddon (11-06-22), GEORGE (12-06-22), IceCalibur (11-06-22), TightNugs (12-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Educated guesswork.

For example, a new led, no par meter. Guess at a setting for the dimmer. If the plants are stretchy, up the power. If the plants are short and wide and/or don't seem to be growing well, lower the power.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (12-06-22), CityDweller (11-06-22), GEORGE (12-06-22), IceCalibur (11-06-22), TightNugs (12-06-22)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7