Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: help..my leaves are droopy

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,926 Times

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    Man I really hope FG sees this.. HEY @Farmer Geddon

This DLI chart might actually suggest the cause of stretch marks. Thoughts?

(I'm still not sure where to find the source info on DLI for cannabis. I'd like to see how they've measured "best" DLI for canna at different stages)

Cheers
    B
    As I'm sure you know, DLI is just a calculation of PPFD over time so I'm guessing as "ideal" PPFD has been tracked for years and we know it's mostly related to a 18/6 and a 12/12 cycle the DLI is derived from that. That said can't say I've ever seen a weekly breakdown of PPFD values but they might well exist.

As for "best" I think it's going to be strain and environment dependant. As has been drummed into me here over and over (and rightly so!) there are no absolutes as every strain and grow is different. Those charts are pointers/indicative which is why the fact that Photone on Android can be 10% out (assuming their testing is accurate) doesn't matter all that much. After all people for years just guessed everything and it was often as blunt as "150w per plant" or "50w sq/ft" with no idea about heights, spectrum or anything else.

With the advent of decriminalisation and even legalisation in some countries were seeing an explosion in information and scientific rigor that's simply never been there before. The wealth of information now available facinates me TBH as compared to 30 years ago where you were left with anecdotal information or reference to some underground pamphlet printed and photocopied 100's of times the level of good information is staggering. To my mind, forget the 60's, NOW is truly the golden age of cannabis and cannabis cultivation as there's never been so much focus on technology and information disemination. Couple this with ever stronger strains (rapidly heading to 40% THC) and "we've never had it so good".

I think the skill at the moment is sorting out the good old information and bad new information and coming to a consensus. Personally, I'm really enjoying it at the moment.

MJ

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadJohn For This Useful Post:

barney_b (03-06-22), CityDweller (03-06-22), GEORGE (03-06-22)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3