Thread: Light height

Thanks

Default Light height

Just seeing if someone could help tell me what's the best height to have my 600w hps above my plants in veg an flowering. Always had mine around 20 inches throughout both but never really looked into it

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigskip123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-05-22), ValdtheImpotent (30-05-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Optimum Distance for 600W HPS would be 40C or 16" flowering.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,156 Times

With HPS and MH I like to get the lamp as close to the canopy as possible, but obviously without burning/bleaching the top leaves or buds. The closer it is, the faster the growth rate. With a 6” oscillating fan pointing directly at the tube I can get it down to 8” safely. But that’s a 400w.

Also bear in mind, the closer it is the faster the growth rate, so you will need to check and adjust the height daily to avoid burning.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ValdtheImpotent For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-05-22)