Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Foliar Sprays for Cannabis

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,466 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mpsj View Post
    Never used foliar sprays and probably won't start. I guess I never had the need. Interesting thread though.
    I'm off a rough looking grow bud.

Gotta do something different.

B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (07-06-22), Doink (07-06-22), Farmer Geddon (07-06-22), GEORGE (07-06-22), mpsj (07-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

I've never done this and it is from a now defunct site.

A number of growers were extolling the virtues of alfalfa as a foliar feed. Half a sock full of alfalfa pellets, hold the sock over the tap and trickle water through it to get about a pint of liquid.

I remember it because of the warnings not to store the feed for very long as it gets VERY odorous. Funniest comment being about the gf who opened a jar of it: 'She blew chunks all the way to the bathroom.'

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

barney_b (08-06-22), CityDweller (07-06-22), Doink (08-06-22), GEORGE (07-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 25,492 Times

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    Cheers Mac and thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge.

Ya been quiet. Hope things are going well for you.

B
    Ish and ish fella, slowly plowing on like a good sloth does.

Quote Originally Posted by DoinkBrah View Post
    Don't the stomata close when it's dark? Would it be better to turn the light down and or raise them up, or would they absorb what's needed before stomata get a chance to close?
    Usually yes as their main function is for carbon dioxide intake during photosynthesis (light period). Conditions will be the biggest factor tho, when its hot and dry they close to prevent moisture evaporating and stop the plant drying out.

If its hot and humid tho they will stay open to help regulate water in the plant, evaporating the excess thru the stomata. Lights off in the grow tent tends to fit these conditions perfectly thanks to the humidity spike.
    You only need to leave the lights off for 30mins to an hour. Dimming/raising will depend on your light in each case but can be done too, I just prefer not to take the risk as I know my lights are quite intense

Stomatal aperture responds slowly, typically with half-times of 10 to 20 min, reaching a new stable, (near) closed state after 45 to 60 min

Its quite a slow process, you can squeeze quite a lot of goodness in before they shut
    Last edited by Mac; 08-06-22 at 07:18 AM.

NO SELL, NO SMELL, NO TELL!!!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

barney_b (08-06-22), Blue61 (08-06-22), Farmer Geddon (08-06-22), GEORGE (08-06-22), MadJohn (08-06-22)

Thanks

Well I'm happy to say that after 2 days since the first application, nothing looks worse. So that's comforting. Not insta-toxic.

Surprisingly, none of the canna growers I know were very excited about letting me douse their plants.

Losers.

That's some great information above about stomata. Definitely received a new wrinkle. Sometimes you find gems by accident.

Cheers

B

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (08-06-22), GEORGE (08-06-22)

Thanks

Couple weeks later. I can't be certain that it's helping but I'm certain that it's not hurting.

I'm spraying very well on Wednesdays, especially the undersides, and haven't noticed any burn nor deficiencies.

In my mind, I'm doing all I can, worth the investment.

Cheers

P.S.

@PoizonIvy has been using it on some house plants and so far it's down some advantages over the control group. Bad science but again, ain't hurting.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (27-06-22), GEORGE (27-06-22), MadJohn (27-06-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2