Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY rdwc first bash at it

Thanks

Going into week five tomorrow, checked the plants all over and no more balls, probably only at the halfway mark but fingers crossed, photo from the tent tonight.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20220617_234656.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	424551

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Thebigyin For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (18-06-22), CityDweller (18-06-22), Deku Nut (19-06-22), Farmer Geddon (18-06-22), Frosty (29-07-22), GEORGE (18-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Going to keep an eye on this.

Think I’m about to get me some blue gelato seeds,although Barneys scares me as the only time I’ve used them (Blue Cheese) I lost the lot to hermies .

Hope they keep well for you dear
    Very healthy looking they are

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (18-06-22), Deku Nut (19-06-22), Farmer Geddon (19-06-22), Frosty (29-07-22), GEORGE (18-06-22), M_C (18-06-22), Shaun (19-06-22), Thebigyin (18-06-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Going to keep an eye on this.

Think I’m about to get me some blue gelato seeds,although Barneys scares me as the only time I’ve used them (Blue Cheese) I lost the lot to hermies .

Hope they keep well for you dear
    Very healthy looking they are
    It's actually the green galato on the left of the photo from RQS that's showed the male parts, the blue galato41 is on the right and so far she's staying female, I ordered green galato seeds and the blue was thrown into my order as a free, so I decided to just do one of each, I'll be keeping a close eye on them, I'm definitely growing them out till harvest and see what happens.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thebigyin For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (19-06-22), CityDweller (18-06-22), Farmer Geddon (19-06-22), Frosty (29-07-22), GEORGE (18-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,926 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Thebigyin View Post
    Just realised I might have posted this in the wrong place, should I maybe have posted in the hydro section, apologies if so.
    Looks like a great grow but this post struck a chord with me.

Sorry to hijack and probably (certainly!) not the thread to post this in but hey ho time to get it off my chest.

Forums been around for years so I'm sure many of the subforums have grown organically over the years but as a new member I struggle that there's WAY too many subforums and many are at best completely superfluous at worst completely dead. There are some subs for example that haven't been posted in for years.

Others just confuse - why have "Grow Diaries, Hydroponically Grown Diaries, L.E.D Grow Diaries, Newbie Corner and Autoflowering Diaries" all as subforums under Members Grow Diaries? Where do you post? My grow is Hydroponic (Coco), LED, Newbie and Autoflower so where does that go? Looking at the recent diaries, does anyone NOT grow under LED any more? Is there any point to having a subforum dedicated to that when almost every grow uses it? Why differentiate at all?

It doesn't help that the forum in general is REALLY slow for me so swapping back and forth between subforums takes a long long time. If it wasn't for the small handful of really friendly people who I just happened to click with I would never have stopped here. Every time I post I still get really irritated by the forum as the software is slow and irritating. I'm sure vBuletin is more than capable but maybe it's the hardware it's sitting on that needs some TLC or maybe it's time to prune some of the legacy content.

there I feel better getting that off my chest.

So don't feel bad - you're not the only one confused where to post

MJ

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MadJohn For This Useful Post:

barney_b (19-06-22), Farmer Geddon (19-06-22), Frosty (30-07-22), GEORGE (19-06-22), Thebigyin (19-06-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MadJohn View Post
    Looks like a great grow but this post struck a chord with me.

Sorry to hijack and probably (certainly!) not the thread to post this in but hey ho time to get it off my chest.

Forums been around for years so I'm sure many of the subforums have grown organically over the years but as a new member I struggle that there's WAY too many subforums and many are at best completely superfluous at worst completely dead. There are some subs for example that haven't been posted in for years.

Others just confuse - why have "Grow Diaries, Hydroponically Grown Diaries, L.E.D Grow Diaries, Newbie Corner and Autoflowering Diaries" all as subforums under Members Grow Diaries? Where do you post? My grow is Hydroponic (Coco), LED, Newbie and Autoflower so where does that go? Looking at the recent diaries, does anyone NOT grow under LED any more? Is there any point to having a subforum dedicated to that when almost every grow uses it? Why differentiate at all?

It doesn't help that the forum in general is REALLY slow for me so swapping back and forth between subforums takes a long long time. If it wasn't for the small handful of really friendly people who I just happened to click with I would never have stopped here. Every time I post I still get really irritated by the forum as the software is slow and irritating. I'm sure vBuletin is more than capable but maybe it's the hardware it's sitting on that needs some TLC or maybe it's time to prune some of the legacy content.

there I feel better getting that off my chest.

So don't feel bad - you're not the only one confused where to post

MJ
    Hey man appreciate the feedback, been on other forums myself and I really like this one, nice friendly people, honest opinions and plenty knowledge to be had.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Thebigyin For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (19-06-22), Deku Nut (19-06-22), Farmer Geddon (19-06-22), Frosty (30-07-22), GEORGE (19-06-22), MadJohn (19-06-22), TightNugs (19-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Where to post a diary? For me, there only needs to be 3 options for indoor. Soil, passive hydro and active hydro. Soil and passive hydro could each have a sub forum for new growers where reliability takes priority over yield.

With each visit, I click on 'What's New?' When reading a post, I rarely notice what sub forum it is in.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

barney_b (19-06-22), CityDweller (19-06-22), Deku Nut (19-06-22), Frosty (30-07-22), GEORGE (19-06-22), MadJohn (19-06-22), Thebigyin (19-06-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thebigyin View Post
    Hey man appreciate the feedback, been on other forums myself and I really like this one, nice friendly people, honest opinions and plenty knowledge to be had.
    Thats the thing, the forum itself should be there to support and enable the fantastic "old timers" who reside here and hopefully attract new people over time, not get in its way. I've been on the Internet 25 years+ and I would class myself as highly technical so if I find the forums offputting I'd suggest others would find it impenetrable.

Here's another couple of annoyances.

• I turned on "dark mode" as that's what I use everywhere I can. For some inexplicable reason, by default THCTalk dark mode sees fit to make the background a dark green but keep the button text black so it's almost unreadable. It then keeps everything else light.
    • My browser auto spellchecker doesn't work on this forum and I have NO idea why despite trying to troubleshoot it

MJ

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MadJohn For This Useful Post:

barney_b (19-06-22), CityDweller (19-06-22), Farmer Geddon (19-06-22), Frosty (30-07-22), GEORGE (19-06-22), Thebigyin (19-06-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    Where to post a diary? For me, there only needs to be 3 options for indoor. Soil, passive hydro and active hydro. Soil and passive hydro could each have a sub forum for new growers where reliability takes priority over yield.

With each visit, I click on 'What's New?' When reading a post, I rarely notice what sub forum it is in.
    Yes I couldn't agree with you more regarding the options. Nice and simple.

Thing is I'd suggest "new" people don't do "What's New", they idly browse the subs that they are interested in. Nothing more offputting for a prospective new user/member who comes along looking for info on Aeroponics to click on the sub and find no ones posted in the sub for almost a year...

If I were being totally brutal (and probably unfair to whoever actually owns this site - actually who DOES own the site? ) the forum feels neglected and almost abandoned. I'm sure it's not and that's a gross slur against the doubtless considerable hard work all the mods put into the site but as a new user it's worth knowing what this new user, at least, feels about his impression and experience in his first few months on the forum.

As I said, this is a complete thread highjack so apologies @Thebigyin I'll leave your thread alone now

MJ

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MadJohn For This Useful Post:

barney_b (19-06-22), CityDweller (19-06-22), Farmer Geddon (19-06-22), Frosty (30-07-22), GEORGE (19-06-22), Thebigyin (19-06-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MadJohn View Post
    Yes I couldn't agree with you more regarding the options. Nice and simple.

Thing is I'd suggest "new" people don't do "What's New", they idly browse the subs that they are interested in. Nothing more offputting for a prospective new user/member who comes along looking for info on Aeroponics to click on the sub and find no ones posted in the sub for almost a year...

If I were being totally brutal (and probably unfair to whoever actually owns this site - actually who DOES own the site? ) the forum feels neglected and almost abandoned. I'm sure it's not and that's a gross slur against the doubtless considerable hard work all the mods put into the site but as a new user it's worth knowing what this new user, at least, feels about his impression and experience in his first few months on the forum.

As I said, this is a complete thread highjack so apologies @Thebigyin I'll leave your thread alone now

MJ
    No problem at all, the more interaction the better is the way I see things.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Thebigyin For This Useful Post:

barney_b (19-06-22), CityDweller (19-06-22), Farmer Geddon (19-06-22), Frosty (30-07-22), GEORGE (19-06-22), MadJohn (20-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

You can tell how keen a new member is by the age of the threads that they post on.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

barney_b (19-06-22), CityDweller (19-06-22), Frosty (30-07-22), GEORGE (19-06-22), MadJohn (20-06-22), Thebigyin (19-06-22)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast