Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would love some help you lovely lot...

Thanks

Default Would love some help you lovely lot...

I won't hang about I'll get straight to the point....I have a very good friend, she is 65 and recently diagnosed with womb cancer.....she already has a heart problem and stage 4 kidney failure the poor girl. She's had a hysterectomy and the other operation bits to try and get rid and although it went ok they told her an hour before the cancer is not curable only treatable (ffs). I will grow for her (CBD) but need a seed source for good seeds? I have found some great info already (I do search before I ask) which I have sent her. I want her to get some stronger CBD oil than off the shelf if you know what I mean....any help will be seriously appreciated. I'm only starting research really but a high THC is a cancer beater not just CBD? Rick Simpsons stuff any good? Need to get her some proper CBD pretty quick

Thanks in advance

Mart_Aitch X
    Last edited by Mart the Elder; 27-06-22 at 12:20 AM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mart the Elder For This Useful Post:

barney_b (27-06-22), Bethmeg (27-06-22), Farmer Geddon (27-06-22), GEORGE (27-06-22), Jingo (27-06-22), Sun&Soil (27-06-22), Tommy stoner (27-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

You should be looking at a full spectrum CBD with THC too (I think?)
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

barney_b (27-06-22), Farmer Geddon (27-06-22), GEORGE (27-06-22), Jingo (27-06-22), Mart the Elder (27-06-22), Shaun (27-06-22), Sun&Soil (27-06-22), Tommy stoner (27-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 22,745 Times

I have been looking at dutch passions cbd For a while now. They have some that have less than 1% thc and some with ~10%. I'd say go for the one with 10%. Im guessing you're from the UK so I would suggest ordering from herbies or another sponsor on the site. Best wishes to you and your friend

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shaun For This Useful Post:

barney_b (27-06-22), Farmer Geddon (27-06-22), GEORGE (27-06-22), Jingo (27-06-22), Mart the Elder (27-06-22), Sun&Soil (27-06-22), Tommy stoner (27-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,926 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mart the Elder View Post
    I won't hang about I'll get straight to the point....I have a very good friend, she is 65 and recently diagnosed with womb cancer.....she already has a heart problem and stage 4 kidney failure the poor girl. She's had a hysterectomy and the other operation bits to try and get rid and although it went ok they told her an hour before the cancer is not curable only treatable (ffs). I will grow for her (CBD) but need a seed source for good seeds? I have found some great info already (I do search before I ask) which I have sent her. I want her to get some stronger CBD oil than off the shelf if you know what I mean....any help will be seriously appreciated. I'm only starting research really but a high THC is a cancer beater not just CBD? Rick Simpsons stuff any good? Need to get her some proper CBD pretty quick

Thanks in advance

Mart_Aitch X
    I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Can I suggest a "better" approach?

Good quality CBD oil is going to be stronger and "better" than anything you would ever be able to grow yourself, no question. As CBD is legal to import in the UK I would suggest you find a reputable company in the US who are producers (Royal CBD was one I randomly found for example) and order from there. Even with shipping times it's going to arrive months before you can grow and cure it as a plant. If you can find a reputable brand and supplier in the UK all the better but know there's a lot of fake/bad CBD on the market in the UK. That said I'd guess that broadly, longer established companies may be more reliable as will high street stores such as Boots or Superdrug (if they sell CBD).

THC has not been shown to have many, if any, beneficial medical outcomes in medical trials. That's not in any way to say it doesn't or can't and doesn't mean to say it can't be used for palliative care for pain relief and appetite promotion (cancer drugs are known to have a massive appetite suppressing effect) just that it's not proven completely.

Also know that CBD acts as an inhibitor to THC so high CBD ratio strains will tend to limit psychoactive effects.

If you are totally fixated on growing something for her (and I can understand why) then as for what seedbank and strain to use I would suggest sticking to the really big long term seedbanks. I can't make any direct recommendations but I would look at Barneys Farm, Royal Queen Seeds, Dutch Passion or maybe the likes of Mephisto if you can get hold of them. All will make CBD exclusive or CBD/THC strains and you're more likely to get tested genetics rather than "trust me bro" which leads me to...

After all this the only way to be 100% of what you're giving her (either CBD or after grow) is to have it tested. If they're pure CBD or hemp based strains then you can send it to a UK lab for testing and they'll tell you exactly what's in it. This will cost you £60-100 per test give or take. If the sample contains THC then I don't know where you'd stand legally and I'd suggest things get a lot more tricky in the UK. There was one of the labs I found that sent the results via PDF to an email address. I would think, in that instance you might be able to give them a secure email address however anonymous payment without crypto or cash in an envelope would be challenging.

All the best

MJ
    Last edited by MadJohn; 27-06-22 at 09:18 AM.
    Previous Diaries - Auto Blue Dream Dankberry
    Grow Kit List

Lights - 2*MarsHydro TS1000, 1 MarsHydro FC3000 and 1*Migro Array 2 Pro
    Tent - ACInfinity Cloudlab 642, HomeBox 80*80*160
    Extraction - ACInfinity Cloudline S6 plus - Mountain Air Carbon Filter
    Neuts - Emerald Harvest
    Grow Medium - Coco (Canna Coco Pro+) - Plant!t DWC/Wilma

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MadJohn For This Useful Post:

barney_b (27-06-22), GEORGE (27-06-22), Mart the Elder (27-06-22), Tommy stoner (27-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,066 Times

Run from the cure…

B1unt XIII: Chemdogging & Sour Diesel - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...post1071304159

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

barney_b (27-06-22), GEORGE (27-06-22), MadJohn (27-06-22), Mart the Elder (27-06-22), Tommy stoner (27-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,066 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MadJohn View Post
    THC has not been shown to have many, if any, beneficial medical outcomes in medical trials.
    Bear in mind it’s worth looking at who funded said study (alcohol, big pharma, the US government)…

That will typically give you an indication of what the results will be (their agenda).

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

barney_b (27-06-22), GEORGE (27-06-22), MadJohn (27-06-22), Mart the Elder (27-06-22), Tommy stoner (27-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,926 Times

Quote Originally Posted by B1unt View Post
    Bear in mind it’s worth looking at who funded said study (alcohol, big pharma, the US government)…

That will typically give you an indication of what the results will be (their agenda).
    Absolutely agree which is why I caveated saying I'm not saying it doesn't work. But it's also worth noting it's not stopped CBD being tested and proven to work.

Just making people aware

All good

MJ

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MadJohn For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (27-06-22), GEORGE (27-06-22), Mart the Elder (27-06-22), Tommy stoner (27-06-22)

Thanks

Thank you very much for your replies everyone, very helpful. I think I will avoid growing as was suggested and just go for the best oil I can get her....probably from the USA now I reckon.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mart the Elder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

My dog has bladder cancer and I'm convinced cbd and occasional small doses of canna butter has helped. She was given 4 months to live a few years ago. She's nearing the end now but still seems comfy and mostly happy.

Its not a cure, but its def helped as far as I'm concerned

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-06-22), MadJohn (27-06-22), Mart the Elder (27-06-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MadJohn View Post
    I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Can I suggest a "better" approach?

Good quality CBD oil is going to be stronger and "better" than anything you would ever be able to grow yourself, no question. As CBD is legal to import in the UK I would suggest you find a reputable company in the US who are producers (Royal CBD was one I randomly found for example) and order from there. Even with shipping times it's going to arrive months before you can grow and cure it as a plant. If you can find a reputable brand and supplier in the UK all the better but know there's a lot of fake/bad CBD on the market in the UK. That said I'd guess that broadly, longer established companies may be more reliable as will high street stores such as Boots or Superdrug (if they sell CBD).

THC has not been shown to have many, if any, beneficial medical outcomes in medical trials. That's not in any way to say it doesn't or can't and doesn't mean to say it can't be used for palliative care for pain relief and appetite promotion (cancer drugs are known to have a massive appetite suppressing effect) just that it's not proven completely.

Also know that CBD acts as an inhibitor to THC so high CBD ratio strains will tend to limit psychoactive effects.

If you are totally fixated on growing something for her (and I can understand why) then as for what seedbank and strain to use I would suggest sticking to the really big long term seedbanks. I can't make any direct recommendations but I would look at Barneys Farm, Royal Queen Seeds, Dutch Passion or maybe the likes of Mephisto if you can get hold of them. All will make CBD exclusive or CBD/THC strains and you're more likely to get tested genetics rather than "trust me bro" which leads me to...

After all this the only way to be 100% of what you're giving her (either CBD or after grow) is to have it tested. If they're pure CBD or hemp based strains then you can send it to a UK lab for testing and they'll tell you exactly what's in it. This will cost you £60-100 per test give or take. If the sample contains THC then I don't know where you'd stand legally and I'd suggest things get a lot more tricky in the UK. There was one of the labs I found that sent the results via PDF to an email address. I would think, in that instance you might be able to give them a secure email address however anonymous payment without crypto or cash in an envelope would be challenging.

All the best

MJ
    Thanks in particular for making the effort to type all that John, I should have said earlier. Have looked at Royal CBD over in the States now and have forwarded it on so she can check it out and get familiar with what's out there (sweets etc) and find what she's happy with. Want her to have full spectrum, wouldn't have known that yesterday so nice one.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mart the Elder For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-06-22)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast