Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do plants really grow towards a light source, surprisingly they don't?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,808 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Wow, that’s all gone a bit over my head tbh. I like to use blue CFL for seedlings and cuttings, MH for veg and pure HPS for flower (not mixed spec) under a parabolic reflector.
    The blue spec in veg keeps my plants short and not stretchy. But as you say one shoe doesn’t fit every foot, It’s just how I like to grow and what suits my grow space.

Thanks for the read.

Vlad

I've discovered that I can sometimes keep my plant nodes short during early veg by keeping the light as close to the plant as possible. However you need the ability to throttle-down the light intensity. If you want to keep the nodes close, I've found you are better off keeping the light close with low intensity rather than have the light placed high above the plants on high intensity.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

barney_b (27-06-22), GEORGE (27-06-22), r33ee (07-07-22), ValdtheImpotent (27-06-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,079 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Quote Originally Posted by mpsj View Post

I've discovered that I can sometimes keep my plant nodes short during early veg by keeping the light as close to the plant as possible. However you need the ability to throttle-down the light intensity. If you want to keep the nodes close, I've found you are better off keeping the light close with low intensity rather than have the light placed high above the plants on high intensity.
    Hi mpsj, I agree. That’s why I like using blue cfl early on in my grows. I can have the lamp less than an inch away and not burn the leaves. LED’s with the ability to turn up and down light intensity, well I wouldn’t know where to start tbh, I’m getting on a bit and don’t like change, so I’m sticking with what I know, CFL, MH and HPS…..while I can still afford the electricity bill.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ValdtheImpotent For This Useful Post:

barney_b (27-06-22), GEORGE (27-06-22), mpsj (27-06-22), r33ee (07-07-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2