Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Perpetual Harvest, what is it and is it worth it?

Thanks

Hi Farmer Geddon, Just a thought I had about a good reason for running a perpetual grow, despite the obvious difficulties experienced by others. I personally am quite a generous person and if I had a Bulk of Buds, I would probably give a lot away, only having smaller amounts available, it would cut back on my usage,(Why?), and I would not get a dry spell due to my generous nature which a certain family member would take advantage of. The other factor for me and it's a biggie, is space, I have a Stealth grow and the footprint of both tents is probably unde 2 metres, over about four plants and it would choke up the available space I have, this is probably why growing plants under different stages, despite the difficulties, is quite appealing to me, that and using the same light cycle that Auto's make practical, is something I will pursue, hope this helps you understand my dilemma, Good Posting though.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Techead For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (02-07-22), Farmer Geddon (03-07-22), GEORGE (02-07-22), scoot (02-07-22), V8 (02-07-22)

Thanks

Hi Stokes, Firstly I am by choice an Auto grower, but I haven't always been, Auto's are certainly getting stronger these days, that is a given and despite the advantages they offer, they are certainly weaker in THC than a Photoperiod, of the same type as they contain Ruderalis which has next to zilch THC in them, but breeders have nearly caught up and that's appreciated by us all.
    I'll probably get shot down for my comments, but I stand by them, although I don't have tha facilities to measure THC, and if breeders are to be believed, Photo's can exceed 30% THC, I have heard of Auto's around 25% THC, but I don't have tha data or method to personally compare. I hope someone reading this does and it would be intersting is they shared their comments.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Techead For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (02-07-22), Farmer Geddon (03-07-22), GEORGE (02-07-22), scoot (02-07-22), V8 (02-07-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 33,477 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Techead View Post
    Hi Stokes, Firstly I am by choice an Auto grower, but I haven't always been, Auto's are certainly getting stronger these days, that is a given and despite the advantages they offer, they are certainly weaker in THC than a Photoperiod, of the same type as they contain Ruderalis which has next to zilch THC in them, but breeders have nearly caught up and that's appreciated by us all.
    I'll probably get shot down for my comments, but I stand by them, although I don't have tha facilities to measure THC, and if breeders are to be believed, Photo's can exceed 30% THC, I have heard of Auto's around 25% THC, but I don't have tha data or method to personally compare. I hope someone reading this does and it would be intersting is they shared their comments.
    If you wonder how to reply with QUOTE this is how:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220702-115940_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	590.7 KB 
ID:	425421

V8
    Mini veg tent grow: V8`s mini garden

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (03-07-22), GEORGE (02-07-22), scoot (02-07-22), Techead (02-07-22)

Thanks

Hi again Farmer Geddon, I'm really enjoying these posts and glean as much information as I can from them, i hope this works both ways. I have been a fan of BioBizz Nutes, I think their Root Juice, Fish-Mix and Alg-A-Mic are decent products, among all the others, but mixing them up, balancing PH etc and reducing the strength of the mix, (I think they reccomend way too much, I use it half strength), is quite time consuming.
    So, I'm always on the lookout for something new and probably waste more money on, Growth-Technology Formulex is one I use a lot, they make a lot of claims about this being perfect for the life of a plant, I'm not too sure about that, as there are others a lot better IMHO, one thing it does claim and I have taken on board , albeit without actually checking, is you just using ordinary Tap water, it balances the PH to 6.0, IDK of any others that claim this, I must check it one day, as a general Nute, it seems to work well, but it is a doddle to mix and I like that a lot.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Techead For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,247 Times

You wall always get better results from photos, because auto's will always be a lucky dip, with photos you can flower off 10 plants and reveg the best plant, (but it takes months to get there)
    with photos you can save so much electric(photo 12/12, auto 20/4), 50 -70% is not unrealistic, vegging plants need a very low watt light in a small place( 40w would do 4 plants in 2-3ltr pots(6-8" tall), you can pot the plants up and flower off the same day(12/12)
    guessing auto's (early veg in final pot) will take 2-3 weeks longer than a photo's(12/12 flower).

perpetual grow, (veg room and a flower room )
    you take cuttings, flower the plants off, grow the plants in veg(chop them back every 2 weeks), pot up start again.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CheapHomeGrown For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (03-07-22), Farmer Geddon (03-07-22), GEORGE (03-07-22), scoot (03-07-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

Hi again Farmer Geddon, I'm really enjoying these posts and glean as much information as I can from them, i hope this works both ways. I have been a fan of BioBizz Nutes, I think their Root Juice, Fish-Mix and Alg-A-Mic are decent products, among all the others, but mixing them up, balancing PH etc and reducing the strength of the mix, (I think they reccomend way too much, I use it half strength), is quite time consuming.
    So, I'm always on the lookout for something new and probably waste more money on, Growth-Technology Formulex is one I use a lot, they make a lot of claims about this being perfect for the life of a plant, I'm not too sure about that, as there are others a lot better IMHO, one thing it does claim and I have taken on board , albeit without actually checking, is you just using ordinary Tap water, it balances the PH to 6.0, IDK of any others that claim this, I must check it one day, as a general Nute, it seems to work well, but it is a doddle to mix and I like that a lot.
    Once you get into easy mode nute mixing, I doubt that you'll go back to using meters.

Here's my daily plant maintenance routine:

1) Empty runoff bucket if necessary. Once every 3 or 4 days.

2) Dip jug in nute res and feed each plant. 10 seconds a plant or less.

3) If the nute res is low, mix up another 20L and pour it into the nute res. About 5 minutes. Most of that time is getting 20L of water from the bath tap into the wine fermenter and carrying it to the kitchen.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (03-07-22), GEORGE (03-07-22), scoot (03-07-22), V8 (03-07-22)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3