Thread: mixing different brands of nutrients?

Thanks

Default Unanswered: mixing different brands of nutrients?

I've been using plant magic nutrients for a while and was wondering if its possible to mix with other brands ?

I wanna try some of the advance nutrients bud candy but having never used this or anything other then plant magic I'm a bit hesitant as I'm not sure if mixing nutes is a good idea?

I'm using the plant magic range not the organic oldtimers range.

any reply would be great thanks.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ryan2293 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-22), MadJohn (01-07-22), scoot (01-07-22), TightNugs (01-07-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,809 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2293 View Post
    I've been using plant magic nutrients for a while and was wondering if its possible to mix with other brands ?

I wanna try some of the advance nutrients bud candy but having never used this or anything other then plant magic I'm a bit hesitant as I'm not sure if mixing nutes is a good idea?

I'm using the plant magic range not the organic oldtimers range.

any reply would be great thanks.

I use Advanced boosters with a Megacrop base.Mixing brands can work well but just be careful, with a bit of trial and error u can find a good balance.
    Nugz

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TightNugs For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-22), ryan2293 (01-07-22), scoot (01-07-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TightNugs View Post
    I use Advanced boosters with a Megacrop base.Mixing brands can work well but just be careful, with a bit of trial and error u can find a good balance.
    Nugz

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk
    thanks for the reply mate, I've only ever used oldtimers but this time gonna use the plant magic range which I know isn't organic so thought about trying some bud candy as I've spoken to some people who swear by it

any experience using bud candy yourself ??

thanks

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ryan2293 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-22), scoot (01-07-22), TightNugs (01-07-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,809 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ryan2293 View Post
    thanks for the reply mate, I've only ever used oldtimers but this time gonna use the plant magic range which I know isn't organic so thought about trying some bud candy as I've spoken to some people who swear by it

any experience using bud candy yourself ??

thanks

Yeah, I'm using big bud and bud candy.
    Top quality boosters.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TightNugs For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-22), ryan2293 (04-07-22), scoot (01-07-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,926 Times

To expand on @tightnugs advice - it depends

There's sometimes "clashes" between certain neuts and brands and you have to watch for overfeeding. Brand A might have lots of additional N in their CalMag for example but Brand B doesn't. This will often be compensated for in Brand B either because their neuts have additional N in them or you use a slightly higher concentration. Other things, like root enhancers don't generally have anything in them and can be used freely. Also sometimes some of the emulsifiers or additives don't play nice.

Best option is to email or message the manufacturers of the main neuts you use and ask them if you can use product X with their range. If they're a decent company they should reply.

MJ
    Previous Diaries - Auto Blue Dream Dankberry
    Grow Kit List

Lights - 2*MarsHydro TS1000, 1 MarsHydro FC3000 and 1*Migro Array 2 Pro
    Tent - ACInfinity Cloudlab 642, HomeBox 80*80*160
    Extraction - ACInfinity Cloudline S6 plus - Mountain Air Carbon Filter
    Neuts - Emerald Harvest
    Grow Medium - Coco (Canna Coco Pro+) - Plant!t DWC/Wilma

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MadJohn For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-07-22), ryan2293 (04-07-22), scoot (01-07-22), TightNugs (01-07-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TightNugs View Post
    Yeah, I'm using big bud and bud candy.
    Top quality boosters.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    yeah from what I've seen online people swear by it only having ever used plant magic makes me think if I should give something else a go

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan2293 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-07-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MadJohn View Post
    To expand on @tightnugs advice - it depends

There's sometimes "clashes" between certain neuts and brands and you have to watch for overfeeding. Brand A might have lots of additional N in their CalMag for example but Brand B doesn't. This will often be compensated for in Brand B either because their neuts have additional N in them or you use a slightly higher concentration. Other things, like root enhancers don't generally have anything in them and can be used freely. Also sometimes some of the emulsifiers or additives don't play nice.

Best option is to email or message the manufacturers of the main neuts you use and ask them if you can use product X with their range. If they're a decent company they should reply.

MJ
    OK mate thank you il bare that in mind, il drop them a email hopefully there sound and reply haha

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryan2293 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-07-22), MadJohn (04-07-22)