Thread: Unblockable Spray Nozzle, Possibly?

Thanks

Default Unblockable Spray Nozzle, Possibly?

Well, delving into my shed of many wonders, I was looking for some Spiral Spray nozzles, I bought ages ago but never used, and I found three types, as in the picture.
    The one on the far right is a Chinese Plastic effort, with a bore of 1/8", that I thought would be the Bizz, it isn't it is a POS, no good to man woman or beast.
    The middle one is a XYCO 316LSS 1/4", it's better but not much, anyway I only have one, the spray pattern leaves a lot to be desired, so I won't use that either.
    Then we have the BETE TF12-170, its stainless steel and a superb piece of engineering, hence the £59,99p price tag on ebay, that's each BTW, I paid a tenner fot ten a couple of years ago on the same site, an amazing Bargain, they have a 3/8 bore, this basically means they can pass a tad under 3/8" diameter piece of crud, without blocking, HELLO!
    I like that, the spray pattern is a Full-Cone, somewhere between 150 and 170 degrees, at 5 PSI pressure, they will pass 2.12 GPM, at 60 PSI 7.35 GPM per minute, way to much for me, Not too sure what my Aquarium pump kicks out, much less I guess, but it is a 25 Watt one and the spray is decent and will do nicely.
    the Spiral Spray Nozzles are also called 'Pigtail Nozzles;, some amazing vids on the net if you look, I also delved into BETE's Patents, and they are decent reading, one thing struck me though, the very early ones had a conical spindle inside, which could be adjusted, and this could vary the flow rate and PARTICLE SIZE, I did try a few pins inside and this it quite true, obviously this would affect the size of the crud it could pass, but worthy of further investigation.
    Like I said, I have TEN, that cost me a Tenner, at eBay's current price that's £599,90p. Anyway here is a Pic from my phone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spiral spray nozzles.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	425631

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Techead For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (06-07-22), CityDweller (06-07-22), GEORGE (05-07-22), IceCalibur (07-07-22), Jingo (05-07-22), M_C (08-07-22), r33ee (06-07-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Techead View Post
    Well, delving into my shed of many wonders, I was looking for some Spiral Spray nozzles, I bought ages ago but never used, and I found three types, as in the picture.
    The one on the far right is a Chinese Plastic effort, with a bore of 1/8", that I thought would be the Bizz, it isn't it is a POS, no good to man woman or beast.
    The middle one is a XYCO 316LSS 1/4", it's better but not much, anyway I only have one, the spray pattern leaves a lot to be desired, so I won't use that either.
    Then we have the BETE TF12-170, its stainless steel and a superb piece of engineering, hence the £59,99p price tag on ebay, that's each BTW, I paid a tenner fot ten a couple of years ago on the same site, an amazing Bargain, they have a 3/8 bore, this basically means they can pass a tad under 3/8" diameter piece of crud, without blocking, HELLO!
    I like that, the spray pattern is a Full-Cone, somewhere between 150 and 170 degrees, at 5 PSI pressure, they will pass 2.12 GPM, at 60 PSI 7.35 GPM per minute, way to much for me, Not too sure what my Aquarium pump kicks out, much less I guess, but it is a 25 Watt one and the spray is decent and will do nicely.
    the Spiral Spray Nozzles are also called 'Pigtail Nozzles;, some amazing vids on the net if you look, I also delved into BETE's Patents, and they are decent reading, one thing struck me though, the very early ones had a conical spindle inside, which could be adjusted, and this could vary the flow rate and PARTICLE SIZE, I did try a few pins inside and this it quite true, obviously this would affect the size of the crud it could pass, but worthy of further investigation.
    Like I said, I have TEN, that cost me a Tenner, at eBay's current price that's £599,90p. Anyway here is a Pic from my phone.

Name:	spiral spray nozzles.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	425631
    Here's a correction, the Pump is a 38W jobbie, it is stated it will pump 200 litres a minute with a 2m Head, I don't intend to run it continuously though, as I picked up a couple of Twin Modular Timers for just 50p each from a Charity Warehouse, they must be £50 each, they will switch 5 amps and can be set at just a few seconds, but can be set up to 30 minutes and the same for the off cycle, so whem the pumps not running, I'll wire it to run an Air Pump through an Airstone, this is with a small resovoir that is automatically topped up, it should be interesting, when I finish it, as to what type of setup, I haven't got a clue, as it mixes at least three, Low Pressure Aerponic sound nice though?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Techead For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-07-22), GEORGE (06-07-22), Jingo (05-07-22), r33ee (06-07-22), ValdtheImpotent (06-07-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,073 Times

Here's a correction, the Pump is a 38W jobbie, it is stated it will pump 200 litres a minute with a 2m Head, I don't intend to run it continuously though, as I picked up a couple of Twin Modular Timers for just 50p each from a Charity Warehouse, they must be £50 each, they will switch 5 amps and can be set at just a few seconds, but can be set up to 30 minutes and the same for the off cycle, so whem the pumps not running, I'll wire it to run an Air Pump through an Airstone, this is with a small resovoir that is automatically topped up, it should be interesting, when I finish it, as to what type of setup, I haven't got a clue, as it mixes at least three, Low Pressure Aerponic sound nice though?
    Please don’t take this the wrong way….. but you remind me of Dr Egon Spengler.

I hope you do a diary

Peace and love man

Vlad

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ValdtheImpotent For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-07-22), GEORGE (06-07-22), r33ee (06-07-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    Please don’t take this the wrong way….. but you remind me of Dr Egon Spengler.

I hope you do a diary

Peace and love man

Vlad
    Hi Vlad, Ghostbusters eh?, I don't think you are far off the mark, I spent most of my working life in highly Technical, high-pressure Jobs, I took early retirement a few years back, but my brain didn't shut down or go into low gear, but that's not all, I 'Fried' part of it with LSD in the seventies, also I have a lifelong crush on Sigorney Weaver, eversince the film Alien.
    Most of my Ideas/Quests/Designs have 'Big Legs' though and a lot don't even get tried or built, that's why Cannabis helps me 'Slow' things down a bit, I am trying to reign it in a bit though.
    I had over 50 Guitars at one stage and built a Sound Proof extension on our house, I'm weaning myself off them though, and am down to about 25'ish, a few are being repaired or Modded, so I am not actually sure how many I have, My Shed of many Wonders, is crammed to the roof with stuff, I thought might be useful, it contains a Milling Machine, A Lathe, (Albeit a small one.), a CNC Router, A computer or two, etc etc. I'll send you a PM, in a bit.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Techead For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (06-07-22), GEORGE (06-07-22), M_C (08-07-22), r33ee (06-07-22), ValdtheImpotent (06-07-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,073 Times

Hi Vlad, Ghostbusters eh?, I don't think you are far off the mark, I spent most of my working life in highly Technical, high-pressure Jobs, I took early retirement a few years back, but my brain didn't shut down or go into low gear, but that's not all, I 'Fried' part of it with LSD in the seventies, also I have a lifelong crush on Sigorney Weaver, eversince the film Alien.
    Most of my Ideas/Quests/Designs have 'Big Legs' though and a lot don't even get tried or built, that's why Cannabis helps me 'Slow' things down a bit, I am trying to reign it in a bit though.
    I had over 50 Guitars at one stage and built a Sound Proof extension on our house, I'm weaning myself off them though, and am down to about 25'ish, a few are being repaired or Modded, so I am not actually sure how many I have, My Shed of many Wonders, is crammed to the roof with stuff, I thought might be useful, it contains a Milling Machine, A Lathe, (Albeit a small one.), a CNC Router, A computer or two, etc etc. I'll send you a PM, in a bit.
    Hi Techead, thank you, I find your posts interesting and an enjoyable read, albeit a little technical for my understanding sometimes. Hence the bit of banter, I’m glad I didn’t cause you offence, that wasn’t my intention.

Vlad

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ValdtheImpotent For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-07-22), r33ee (06-07-22), Techead (06-07-22)

Thanks

Vlad, you might like this then, I started to put it together this afternoon, eventually, I'll put a smaller Resovoir underneath, but for the moment, it will take a fair amount of Nutes to cover the pump.

Name:	Grow Tank.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	425669

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Techead For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (06-07-22), GEORGE (06-07-22)