Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Some issues with a few plants

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Quote Originally Posted by LewisR19 View Post
    Background EC is 0.0/0.1, using canna A/B at 1.2EC at 5.8pH

Run off figures as a average for all 8 plants last night was 0.8EC and 6.2ph

Try this....Leave 24 litres of water in a bucket/container overnight, around an hour prior to feeding add cal/mag to raise the waters Ec to 0.4 then add equal amounts of A & B to achieve an Ec of 1.4...Adjust the pH to 5.4...Give the feed solution a good mix and leave to stand, check the pH and Ec prior to feeding and adjust back to the values I've given if necessary...If the Ec has risen then dilute it back down with water and reset the pH if needed. If the Ec has dropped add equal amounts of A&B till its back to 1.4...

Give the feed solution a good agitation prior to administration....Forget the drippers for the time being. What I would do is, pour 3 litres through each pot as fast as you can without it spilling over the brim of the pots...Water/feed just one time in a 24hr period around 1hr after lights come on (run to waste) sling the runoff on your lawn or hanging baskets or down the shitter if you don't have either Do this for 5 days and see how the plants respond...The reason for this method is to flush out any potential salts that may be accumulating in the coco, it also draws and replenishes the amount of oxygen available in the rhizosphere. Also It would be interesting to see the root development if you could carefully remove one of the plants from its pot for examination, preferably the weakest looking one...Forgot to ask, are you using any root stimulants ?

Regards BL

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-07-22), CityDweller (28-07-22), GEORGE (24-07-22), IceCalibur (24-07-22), LewisR19 (24-07-22), pollenmanandy (28-07-22), V8 (24-07-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,563 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Try this....Leave 24 litres of water in a bucket/container overnight, around an hour prior to feeding add cal/mag to raise the waters Ec to 0.4 then add equal amounts of A & B to achieve an Ec of 1.4...Adjust the pH to 5.4...Give the feed solution a good mix and leave to stand, check the pH and Ec prior to feeding and adjust back to the values I've given if necessary...If the Ec has risen then dilute it back down with water and reset the pH if needed. If the Ec has dropped add equal amounts of A&B till its back to 1.4...

Give the feed solution a good agitation prior to administration....Forget the drippers for the time being. What I would do is, pour 3 litres through each pot as fast as you can without it spilling over the brim of the pots...Water/feed just one time in a 24hr period around 1hr after lights come on (run to waste) sling the runoff on your lawn or hanging baskets or down the shitter if you don't have either Do this for 5 days and see how the plants respond...The reason for this method is to flush out any potential salts that may be accumulating in the coco, it also draws and replenishes the amount of oxygen available in the rhizosphere. Also It would be interesting to see the root development if you could carefully remove one of the plants from its pot for examination, preferably the weakest looking one...Forgot to ask, are you using any root stimulants ?

Regards BL
    Awesome il give this a go cheers BL. What shal I do about feeding today? Just give them what I’ve been giving or give it a miss for today and start with what you suggested tomorrow?

No mate I haven’t been feeding any root stimulants. I do have some monkey nutrients rootshoot I can add? Says on the bottle 3ml per 10L

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-07-22), CityDweller (28-07-22), GEORGE (24-07-22), IceCalibur (24-07-22), V8 (24-07-22)

Thanks

Awesome il give this a go cheers BL. What shal I do about feeding today? Just give them what I’ve been giving or give it a miss for today and start with what you suggested tomorrow?

No mate I haven’t been feeding any root stimulants. I do have some monkey nutrients rootshoot I can add? Says on the bottle 3ml per 10L
    You can start the new feed regime as soon as your ready to do so...Just had a quick look at the Root Shoot stuff, it looks to be organic and there's not much info on their site...There is a possibility it could cause issues with the canna A&B due to molecular binding or some other reaction...Personally id go with canna Rizotonic as its proven to work well with the canna nutes... Have a butches here if you have not already seen it https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...k-v-Rhizotonic

Regards BL

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-07-22), CityDweller (28-07-22), GEORGE (24-07-22), IceCalibur (24-07-22), LewisR19 (24-07-22), V8 (24-07-22)

Thanks

You can start the new feed regime as soon as your ready to do so...Just had a quick look at the Root Shoot stuff, it looks to be organic and there's not much info on their site...There is a possibility it could cause issues with the canna A&B due to molecular binding or some other reaction...Personally id go with canna Rizotonic as its proven to work well with the canna nutes... Have a butches here if you have not already seen it https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...k-v-Rhizotonic

Regards BL
    Ok mate il pop to the hydro shop tomorrow and grab some cheers BL il give this a go. Hopefully pull them around now

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (24-07-22), CityDweller (28-07-22), GEORGE (24-07-22)

Thanks

Ok mate il pop to the hydro shop tomorrow and grab some cheers BL il give this a go. Hopefully pull them around now
    2ml per litre with the Rhizo mukka...Its also beneficial for the occasional administration during the flowering phase too

Regards BL

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-07-22), GEORGE (24-07-22), LewisR19 (24-07-22)

Thanks

2ml per litre with the Rhizo mukka...Its also beneficial for the occasional administration during the flowering phase too

Regards BL
    Ok mate will do. Thank you for popping in and helping

Here’s a picture of the roots from the plant in question (the smallest)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4898.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	426577

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok mate will do. Thank you for popping in and helping

Here’s a picture of the roots from the plant in question (the smallest)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4898.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	426577

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How old are the plants, pot size, seed or clone ?

Regards BL

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-07-22), GEORGE (24-07-22), LewisR19 (24-07-22)

Thanks

How old are the plants, pot size, seed or clone ?

Regards BL
    31 days old from seed. 10Ltr pot, 11 days since potting up from BioBizz lightmix

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

31 days old from seed. 10Ltr pot, 11 days since potting up from BioBizz lightmix
    Ok...Roots look healthy but id say slightly under developed, should have more root to pot occupancy by now....Be interesting to see how they respond to the feeding regime...The Rizotonic should make a big difference to their development, be awesome if you could do a comparison pic of the roots in 5 or 6 days..

Regards BL

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (28-07-22), GEORGE (24-07-22), LewisR19 (24-07-22), mpsj (30-07-22)

Thanks

Ok...Roots look healthy but id say slightly under developed, should have more root to pot occupancy by now....Be interesting to see how they respond to the feeding regime...The Rizotonic should make a big difference to their development, be awesome if you could do a comparison pic of the roots in 5 or 6 days..

Regards BL
    Yeah I totally agree dude. Yeah no worries I will il head to the shop first thing in the morning to grab some Rhizo and then Friday/sat il update a root pic + overall general health pic

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LewisR19 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (24-07-22), CityDweller (28-07-22), GEORGE (24-07-22), mpsj (30-07-22)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast