Thread: Decarb/infuse help cannabutter

Thanks

Default Decarb/infuse help cannabutter

Hi everyone!!

I apologise for the very rookie post!! Obviously a newbie here.

So, I've got myself a decarb/infuse machine (herboven). I'd previously tried oven/hob decarb and infusing but didn't really feel anything on eating my brownies so thought best to get something that may help me along a bit.

I'm still not feeling too much although this could be down to the amount of flower I've used.

I'm struggling with knowing how many grams to use along side how much butter to use as well as how long to decarb and infuse for at what temp!

Any help appreciated

Lucca

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LuckTrying For This Useful Post:

Easy-T (21-07-22), GEORGE (21-07-22), r33ee (21-07-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 58,129 Times

Something I've never tried, but plenty on here do I'm sure someone will be along with some good recipes

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Easy-T For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-07-22), LuckTrying (21-07-22), r33ee (21-07-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by LuckTrying View Post
    Hi everyone!!

I apologise for the very rookie post!! Obviously a newbie here.

So, I've got myself a decarb/infuse machine (herboven). I'd previously tried oven/hob decarb and infusing but didn't really feel anything on eating my brownies so thought best to get something that may help me along a bit.

I'm still not feeling too much although this could be down to the amount of flower I've used.

I'm struggling with knowing how many grams to use along side how much butter to use as well as how long to decarb and infuse for at what temp!

Any help appreciated

Lucca
    Never use A machine, just did my decarbing in the oven, so can't say. But How much you use per 1/4 stick of butter will depend on how high the THC is in the bud. Of course the higher the less. What I do is just decarb an oz of bud at one time in the oven on A piece of parchment paper in A pan, @ 115C for 40 minutes, then take out about 7 grams of keif by rubbing over A 150 micron stainless steel screen. Then I weight it out in MG and cap it up, and just take A pill when I like. If you bud is lets say 20% THC, you will want around 50 to 75mg per pill. Best way is to start out at 25mg and work your way up until you get the amount you want. AS far as cooking it, and adding it to butter and making food, I can't comment on that. Good luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

r33ee (21-07-22)

Thanks

For your Herboven, start with a 1:10 ratio - like 10 grams of flower to 100 grams of butter. Decarb at the recommended temp for your machine, usually around 115°C. Infuse for 2-3 hours. Adjust the flower amount based on the potency you want. Experiment a bit, you'll find your sweet spot!