Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hacked led bulb

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CheapHomeGrown View Post
    Running leds at the coldest part of the day and you leaving them on for hours.( they should last years)
    Leds tend to break, if there switched on/off too often, hot/cold cycle. 25c/85c
    I have brought a few different brands of led( b22, e27) and they all state 15,000h (Lifespan)@25c
    Maybe Philips last longer but they also run very hot.
    Good point...I've never actually measured the temps they run at, Ill try and grab some numbers later..

Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    You know the Chinese make the Bubs for them, don't you? There is no more
    american companys working in the US, they all have move decades ago to China.
    Yeah I get that George, I'm not knocking the ability of the Chinese to manufacture some outstanding electronic equipment but I would assume its done to higher standard if well know companies such as Tesco, Philips, BMW etc are endorsing their products. I would assume the components and quality control would be of better standards & quality as apposed to a back street sweat shop knocking junk out and flogging it on ebay/amazon etc.

Regards BL

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (24-07-22), CheapHomeGrown (24-07-22), Doink (24-07-22), GEORGE (24-07-22), M_C (24-07-22), V8 (24-07-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Most plastic can fairly easily be recycled, the issue is often sorting it into the different categories
    I should of said isn't recycled, rather than can't be.
    Just because it can be recycled doesn't mean it is. Since China stopped taking it most of it gets shipped to East Asia and is left to rot or be burned in the open.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Doink For This Useful Post:

CheapHomeGrown (24-07-22), GEORGE (24-07-22), M_C (24-07-22), r33ee (25-07-22), V8 (24-07-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2