Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First outdoor/backyard grow

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Spray them down good with Neam oil, and spray with Epson salt and water with Epson salt as well before bringing them in, this should take care of any bugs Go straight to 18 hours of light. Unless you have lots of head room, you might want to start training them, Stavis grow tall. JMO

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-08-22), ToughCall (22-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,165 Times

The Amazing Dr. Zymes is a product I use to keep any powdery mildew and bud rot away. it is also good for mite, aphids, etc..
    Yeah, the sun is the best grow light money can buy. I think I would gradually bring up to 18 hours. Root rot shouldn't really be an issue. My plants get a gallon of water a day. Granted one of them is pushing 8 feet tall (it's in a 15 gallon bag and the other is in an 8 gallon bag). The ones i have at a friend's house are in 25 gallon bags and they get about 2 gallons a day.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Old Skool Dude For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (21-08-22), GEORGE (21-08-22), ToughCall (22-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,467 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GEORGE View Post
    Spray them down with Epson salt and water with Epson salt as well before bringing them in
    I'm digging the Epsom foiler spray idea before bringing them inside. Is that ratio standard or different for this type of application?

I picked up AgroMagen, GrowSafe Bio-Pesticide, Organic Natural Miticide, Fungicide and Insecticide. This is what I'm going to add to the soil, as a precautionary, Its organic, so we'll see

I've dealt with fungus gnats before and they're easy if your diligent. I'm worried about mites or multiple issues at once. Should be exciting!

Thanks, I will be updating.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughCall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-08-22)

Thanks

Ugh! I chickened out using that AgroMagen, and instead hit the pots with H2O2 and RO water (1/2 cup to a gallon). I felt the dose was more commonly practiced, and the actual Organic medicine was the unknown... They are still outside, but sitting on concrete vs. being in the grass by tomato plants as before. I will take them inside tomorrow and put them under 18/6 to re-acclimate under LED lighting for 1 or 2 weeks and then flip them. These are Super Lemon Haze & Durban Poison.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughCall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-08-22)

Thanks

Hello,

I purchased yet another product, Safer Insecticidal Soap. It's organic, added some wetting agent, sprayed the ladies down and brought them in the tent shortly afterward. Wanted to dry in the outside air, sun was setting, so this was also OK for using foillier spray.

Temps inside the tent are currently 78F and RH was 49% that should go up a bit more when I start watering. The soil has not needed watering as we've had a ton of rain. I was worried about fungus gnats and root rot. But so far, so good.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughCall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-08-22)

Thanks

Hey there,

Hope your feeling fine this wonderful Saturday.
    It's been 6 days inside the 4x4 tent now, the girls are almost a month above ground and adjusting nicely to the new environment.
    I've also been able to inspect the plants in greater detail and four of them have their lowest leaves chewed or torn, but nothing overly concerning as they're going to remain in veg for at least another week maybe 2 before I flip.

On Monday when I brought them inside, I added the gnat fly traps thankful I did, there were lots of those little buggers caught.
    I'll spray the insecticidal soap in another 7 days (lable says every 2 weeks). I also went with half the recommended dose for preventative care.

I used RO WATER and added 5ml Silica Blast, 5ml CalMag, 2 tbs Great White and 2 tbs of Recharge (another microbial inoculant) per gallon. . I gave each plant 1 liter each. This was also the first watering as the grow bags were drenched due to all the rain. I'll water on Sunday as the were looking fine not droopy when I watered, but the water had gone through the bottom if I poured too quickly.

Temps were hot, hottest part of the day hit 92F high, RH 55% inside the tent. The fans definitely help, I have a 12" at the top, 6" on the bottom and 8" exhaust with 6" intake.

I'll post pictures on Sunday for your further enjoyment.

Cheers,

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughCall For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-08-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2