Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Plants yellowing from the top

Thanks

[QUOTE=Jingo;1071257114]The iron you need is probably in the soil already, it's the PH being off that is making it hard to absorb. I don't believe metallic iron would do anything for you.

Here is an interesting product. I've never used it before, but I like the idea that you can apply it foliar wise.

Attachment 426898

I saw that on Amazon. It looks pretty good.

[b] J

Would this correct the pH? Or would it just supply iron? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you’re saying I don’t even need this iron supplement all I need to do is correct the pH. I’m thinking all I have to do is give it water to get it closer to 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cartmale For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-07-22), Jingo (30-07-22), r33ee (30-07-22)

Thanks

Would this correct the pH? Or would it just supply iron? Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think you’re saying I don’t even need this iron supplement all I need to do is correct the pH. I’m thinking all I have to do is give it water to get it closer to 7.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cartmale For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,728 Times

Quote Originally Posted by cartmale View Post

It would likely be acidic in nature and work on the pH, but it would mainly be to give the plant extra so it will uptake some of the iron. The only way I know to do an instant lowering of pH is with aluminum supplementation and I don't know if cannabis can utilize aluminum. If you are growing in the same spot next year you would want to mix elemental sulfur in at the end of this season or amend in some peat moss next year,

J
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

cartmale (30-07-22), GEORGE (30-07-22), r33ee (30-07-22)

Thanks

Alright, thank you for the clarification. Now, sorry to keep bothering you with questions, but what does sulfur do exactly with the plant? Is it an improtant micronutrient?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cartmale For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,728 Times

Alright, thank you for the clarification. Now, sorry to keep bothering you with questions, but what does sulfur do exactly with the plant? Is it an improtant micronutrient?
    Elemental sulfur brings down the soil pH it is also an important plant nutrient that gets more important in flower. You would not use it for the nutrient value or even this grow, it would instead be a way to lower the pH of the soil after this season naturally through the winter.

J

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

cartmale (30-07-22), GEORGE (30-07-22), r33ee (05-08-22)

Thanks

Ok thank you for all this info. I really appreciate it!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cartmale For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-07-22), Jingo (31-07-22), r33ee (05-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,810 Times

So around a month ago I got a few plants and this plant is one I've had problems with. It is yellowing from the top. I've done some research and I've thought maybe sulfur deficiency because that's what some people were suggesting. I also have a few more plants that I took cuttings off a bigger one and just stuck them into a pot of soil and they're just drooping, but I'm not going to include pictures of those because I'm pretty sure it's just because they don't have roots and they're basically suffocating. So anyway the first picture is about 3 days prior to the second one. Thank you for any help!

Attachment 426888
    Attachment 426889
    Looks like either an iron or sulfur deficiency. There should be plenty of iron in the soil so your pH may be a little too high. Couldn't hurt to feed it some epsom salts for a boost of S.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

cartmale (31-07-22), GEORGE (30-07-22), Jingo (30-07-22), r33ee (05-08-22)

Thanks

Ok, I'll take that suggestion too. I appreciate it!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cartmale For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-07-22), Jingo (31-07-22), mpsj (31-07-22), r33ee (05-08-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2