Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Never get many roots?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times
    Provided Answers: 492

Use a good quality coco to start with, you can't go far wrong with canna coco pro plus..Start your seedings or clones in rockwool or jiffies, once you see roots emerging from the cubes give them a dusting of (great white) then transplant into 1/2 litre starter pots with a decent quality seedling and cutting compost.

See this https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?140078-Great-White-Shark-v-Rhizotonic

Yes I know I said compost. The idea being that you wont need to piss about mixing nutes at this stage as the compost will contain enough for a couple of weeks while the small plants become established...Once the starter pots have full root occupancy around 7 to 10 days you can pot them up unto their final pot size giving the root ball or planting hole another dusting of (great white)..Pot size needs to be between 10 and 20 litres depending on your planed veg time or whether they are photo or auto..I find air-pots work very well with coco so give them a go if you haven't already..

When it comes to feeding, you can start to feed straight away. I start off with 2ml per litre Rhizotonic and equal amounts of canna A & B, Ec @ 1.0~1.1 that's with a background Ec of 0.5, set your pH @ 5.8...I never go above 1.4 Ec and only if the plants are demanding more, I usually just cruise @ 1.2 for the entire grow and will fluctuate the pH between 5.4 to 5.8 in veg and 5.8 to 6.2 in flower...If you are pre mixing and storing your nute solution keep a close eye on the temperature, roots don't like it too warm plus it contains less dissolved oxygen...18c is what I aim for and works very well.

Regards BL

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Bobby1980 (23-08-22), CheapHomeGrown (23-08-22), GEORGE (23-08-22), IceCalibur (23-08-22)

Thanks

Some absolutely maxing replies and information in here thank you guys

Yeah I am in canna coco professional plus

Forgive my amateur ness but we are talking seedlings and clones and photos etc mine are like little babies I think known as clones from the guy who helps me out

They come already looking well like a week old and go into a small pot for a week or two and then the main pots

Funnily enough I have just bought 8 air pots to try on my next run as I have heard good things about them and hoping that the roots would try and find a way this way

Just completely baffled how in soil and wilmas I had roots galore but nothing these days

Cheers guys

Bobby

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobby1980 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (23-08-22), GEORGE (23-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times
    Provided Answers: 492

Hear you go...Around 2 weeks in their final pot size using air-pots.

Regards BL

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Bobby1980 (23-08-22), Bogsmokefarm (14-09-22), CheapHomeGrown (24-08-22), GEORGE (23-08-22), IceCalibur (23-08-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Hear you go...Around 2 weeks in their final pot size using air-pots.

Regards BL
    2 weeks from harvest mate? Mine are no where to be seen yet or anything like this week two of flower

I water from the outside inwards twice a day too

Bobby

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bobby1980 For This Useful Post:

B1unt (16-09-22), Bogsmokefarm (14-09-22), GEORGE (23-08-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2