Thread: Fan controllers - anything for air movement fans?

Thanks

Default Fan controllers - anything for air movement fans?

I have my inlet, extraction and air movement fan all connected to a programmable 4-way that can be viewed and changed remotely. The functionality is good, in theory, but the reliability isn’t. Sometimes one of the sockets will ‘stick’, so I’ll return from a day out to find that the extraction fan of the inlet fan is still running on its own. Not only for wasted electricity, but the inconsistency of 1 of the fans staying on too.

I am aware of the twin fan controllers like the SMSCOM for the inlet / outlet, but is there something on the market (reasonably priced) that enables you to plug in x3 or x4 and have the ability to control?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to e11 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-08-22), M_C (23-08-22), V8 (23-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,773 Times

I use an SMSCOM, works fine

Not sure how being able to alter the air movement fan would help me though (I already have a high & low switch on it LOL)
    Last edited by M_C; 23-08-22 at 12:57 PM.
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

e11 (23-08-22), GEORGE (23-08-22), V8 (23-08-22)

Thanks

I guess I could live with just inlet, outlet fans.

I used a thermometer last year that provided logs, with low / high set points to send an alarm if it got too high or low, so I was eventually able to manually set times for all x3 fans to go on and off (up to 8 times in a 24 hour period in the summer) and had it fine tuned, all in a bid to save some electricity. The speed control may help overall with savings than one / off 8 times a day at full load, but I think I’ve been used to having all x3 timed / controlled, so maybe more of a like to have air movement fan controlled than a need.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to e11 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-08-22), M_C (23-08-22), V8 (23-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,773 Times

It would be nice to have that control... but, IMHO, I can't really see it saving much energy... but, yeah, a constant temp across the whole groom is tempting

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-08-22)