Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hello everybody

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    Alright! This is going to be awesome. So glad you decided to share with us here at the Talk.

Here's hoping your seeds were feminized.

Sending green juju your way.

Cheers
    B
    Yeah I wish I would of kept them in the original package. I tossed the box and just kept the little sealed glass jar. I remember the only reason I purchased them was you got 10 seeds for $10 if you bought 2 ounces or more. The dispensary was having a 4/20 sale so I took advantage.

I will probably take a clone as soon as possible and once it roots put one of them straight to 12/12 to find out if its male or female right away. Maybe even come off with a few grams to get a sample.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AbnormalSpring For This Useful Post:

barney_b (25-08-22), Easy-T (25-08-22), GEORGE (25-08-22), Tommy stoner (25-08-22), V8 (25-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,467 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormalSpring View Post
    Yeah I wish I would of kept them in the original package. I tossed the box and just kept the little sealed glass jar. I remember the only reason I purchased them was you got 10 seeds for $10 if you bought 2 ounces or more. The dispensary was having a 4/20 sale so I took advantage.

I will probably take a clone as soon as possible and once it roots put one of them straight to 12/12 to find out if its male or female right away. Maybe even come off with a few grams to get a sample.
    Sounds like you know stuff. I imagine your diary will be a very popular one.

Everyone brings something different to the table. Never seen fish though.

Cheers

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

AbnormalSpring (25-08-22), Easy-T (25-08-22), GEORGE (25-08-22), Tommy stoner (25-08-22), V8 (25-08-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    Sounds like you know stuff. I imagine your diary will be a very popular one.

Everyone brings something different to the table. Never seen fish though.

Cheers
    I wouldn't say I know my stuff. But I have been lurking here for a few months doing some research to make this as painless as I can on myself. Possibly others here as well so I could avoid posting all the same questions others post.

My only complaint is it would be nice to have a little bit more money. As I have already had to change tank size to 150 gal due to discontinued products. I would rather have a 1 1/2 inch drain manufactured into the tank rather than try not to botch installing one and causing leaks. I pick up the tank, and 2 55 gal drums tomorrow then it will be the 10th of next month before I can buy the pumps, and plumbing I'll need. But I am following the buy the right stuff the first time and not the 2nd or 3rd time.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AbnormalSpring For This Useful Post:

barney_b (25-08-22), Easy-T (25-08-22), GEORGE (25-08-22), V8 (25-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 58,142 Times

Welcome along

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Easy-T For This Useful Post:

barney_b (25-08-22), GEORGE (25-08-22), V8 (25-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,808 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormalSpring View Post
    Hello peoples of THC talk. Just thought I would drop in and say hi.

Why I am here.

I decided to come here and sign up so that I would have a place to ask questions and research my questions. I am new to growing weeds but not to vegetables. I plan on starting with some seeds I bought 5+ years ago don’t remember anything about them. Got one to germinate first try so I’m on the right path.

My plans for growing.

I am going to grow in a aquaponics setup. I plan on purchasing a 140 “530 liters” gallon tank and stocking it with minnows when I get paid this week. Then if I have money left over I’ll be buying some 5 “19 liter” gal buckets and using one for a solids filter, 1 for a bio filter, and finally one for a sump. Then over the next few weeks / months buying all the plumbing equipment.

So hopefully in the next 2-4 months I’ll have a full aquaponics setup primed and ready to go as well as auto seeds on order. I did some searching on the site and haven’t seen anybody really try to grow with this method. So I plan to share my build and once it’s done my grow progress.

Looking forward to the journey as well as sharing the journey.
    Welcome AbnormalSpring.
    Aquaponics ...you got my attention.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,419 Times

Welcome to the Talk AbnormalSpring. Look forward to tagging along on your aquaponics adventure.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well I have had to change directions on the size of my system. Unfortunately 150gal stock tanks are either out of stock on or extremely over priced. I’m guessing this is a supply chain issue.

So I have acquired a 50 gallon barrel, 2 5gal buckets, 4 2gal buckets, and a water pump should be delivered by the 10th of next month. So once I get the water pump I’ll lay everything out so I can measure and see what I need for pvc pipe. The things I still need it an air pump, pvc pipe, net baskets, rapid rooters, lighting, exhaust system, and hydroton. Hoping to have everything up and running by end of next month or begging of October.

Not quite sure on what kind of fish I want to use am thinking between minnows and selling them as bait fish, or bluegill and having them for food but not sure how well they will do with such little space.

Just thought I would give a little update on my slow moving progress.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AbnormalSpring For This Useful Post:

barney_b (24-09-22), Bethmeg (23-09-22), Blue61 (24-09-22), CityDweller (23-09-22), Easy-T (23-09-22), GEORGE (23-09-22)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3