Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Best recipe for indoor coco grow hand feed

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 33,477 Times

Looking at the coverage from 1m away it covers 1.3x1.3m at 315 par.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dqwd.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	428420

I then wonder that the light covers under deep flower when you want 800par? Idk if it is increasing by having the light at 0.5m your cover area covers 65x65cm but the par is dobbled to 630?

V8
    Mini veg tent grow: V8`s mini garden

2. The Following User Says Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    Oh and I will add, I don't like it personally when companies inflate numbers..in my opinion any 300w LED is not 'equivilent to a 600w HPS'..I wish they would stop doing that (Im not sure if Telos is, but if they are, then they are included too).

They're much more efficient, we all know that but there is no need to exaggerate numbers.
    Yes Ice that screenshot I used is from 2018.They have made it more efficient since then now giving 2.5 umol/s which gives a
    higher ppf,still at 750 is less than the 1000 ppf hps.

Just to clarify I’m not knocking telos lights here,that I would never do.They are a great light from a uk company.
    Just trying to help op understand why he may have had a vastly different harvest when using hps before.
    I know things can come across shitty sometimes when they arnt really.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-08-22), IceCalibur (24-08-22), V8 (24-08-22)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Yes Ice that screenshot I used is from 2018.They have made it more efficient since then now giving 2.5 umol/s which gives a
    higher ppf,still at 750 is less than the 1000 ppf hps.

Just to clarify I’m not knocking telos lights here,that I would never do.They are a great light from a uk company.
    Just trying to help op understand why he may have had a vastly different harvest when using hps before.
    I know things can come across shitty sometimes when they arnt really.
    Oh it's all good Beth, and I didn't take it like that at all, I'm also not the type to be a 'fan boy', whether it be for seed breeders or grow products, and if a product I purchase has negatives, I will always share them, but I did know that information you posted (no doubt unknowingly), was incorrect so posted the specs for this specific model, the Telos 10 pro

I'm very happy with my purchase, and they really are built like tanks, and one of the factors for my purchase being their upgradability, the older units for example all accept the new LEDs (and you can easily change them, and no need to send them in), so any future advancements in the LED diodes will be transferable to these units, and it's true even more so for these latest models.

I agree completely that there is no 300w LED on the market that can be compared to a 600w HPS, I mean they're pulling half the watts from the wall! lol

The comparison that is actually impressive for me is this, (and it applies to many quality LED lights out there, not just Telos) ;

600w HPS Magnetic = 792 PPF

600W 400V HPS Digital = 1017.6 PPF

600w LED (Telos pro 10 x 2) = 1488 PPF

That's a big difference!, and ultimately why most of us are shifting to LED these days, and costing us less to run them (at least true in the summer lol)..and at the moment, those of us in the UK will be happy with any help we can get on that front!

Factor in the different in temperature these things put out and they're amazing and come into their own in the summer...

On the flip side of that, It's no secret though that my main complaint about LED grow lights right from the start has been that they're actually a pain to use in the winter time, that is the truth for me at least, and one I've shared many times over the years since purchasing my very first LED many years ago even before the Telos. I know many growers including myself do run heaters alongside these LED's in the winter, something many of us didn't need to do with HID lights, so they're not as cheap to use in our grow environments in comparison to HID lights as they would like us to believe.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (24-08-22), GEORGE (24-08-22), V8 (24-08-22)

Thanks

I originally bought these telos 10 pro as I was led to believe they are the exact same as a 600w HPS but no headaches when the weather is hot and also pull less electricity

My best yield of the 3 runs I have done was the 2 x HPS Side by side

I like that I can keep the plants shorter using the LEDs in my tent without burning the tips but I am yet to have a good yield from them

Apparently they are excellent but I am very tempted that when they have grew to their maximum next week to then put in my old 2 x HPS bulbs and shades and see how I got from there

I do have a third telos in the box but was thinking of light burn in there with the tent only being 2 x 2 x 2

Imagine all 3 x telos 10s on 100% would be decent?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobby1980 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (24-08-22), GEORGE (24-08-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (24-08-22), GEORGE (24-08-22), IceCalibur (24-08-22), V8 (24-08-22)

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1980 View Post
    I originally bought these telos 10 pro as I was led to believe they are the exact same as a 600w HPS but no headaches when the weather is hot and also pull less electricity

My best yield of the 3 runs I have done was the 2 x HPS Side by side

I like that I can keep the plants shorter using the LEDs in my tent without burning the tips but I am yet to have a good yield from them

Apparently they are excellent but I am very tempted that when they have grew to their maximum next week to then put in my old 2 x HPS bulbs and shades and see how I got from there

I do have a third telos in the box but was thinking of light burn in there with the tent only being 2 x 2 x 2

Imagine all 3 x telos 10s on 100% would be decent?
    Yeah Bobby1980, I get where you're coming from..but I can tell you now that there is no 300w LED on the market that will be exactly the same as a 600w, although many of them claim it and I've seen worse, some claiming a 120w LED being the same as a 1200w HPS!

If you have 3 x Telos 10 pros then give it a whirl, see how they do, and if you're worried about light burn, you could always turn them all down..(they can be turned down to 10w each for example).

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (24-08-22), GEORGE (24-08-22), V8 (24-08-22)

Thanks

Yeah Bobby1980, I get where you're coming from..but I can tell you now that there is no 300w LED on the market that will be exactly the same as a 600w, although many of them claim it and I've seen worse, some claiming a 120w LED being the same as a 1200w HPS!

If you have 3 x Telos 10 pros then give it a whirl, see how they do, and if you're worried about light burn, you could always turn them all down..(they can be turned down to 10w each for example).
    Thanks mate, when I last ran them I had them side by side horzitonal ways

To add a third I may have to have them in a vertical line of three side by side if that makes sense

By reducing them they only go up and down in 25%’s so do you mean 3 LEDs all set to 75% intensity mate?

Everybody raves about these Telos and my cousin has fantastic yields but he has 4 on the go

What would you do with the 3 if you can picture how the current two are mate because wide ways I wouldn’t get 3 in a same line unless the middle one sits in front of the 2 or it goes long ways in-between the side by side ones

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bobby1980 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-08-22), V8 (24-08-22)

15. Default

Thanks mate, when I last ran them I had them side by side horzitonal ways

To add a third I may have to have them in a vertical line of three side by side if that makes sense

By reducing them they only go up and down in 25%’s so do you mean 3 LEDs all set to 75% intensity mate?

Everybody raves about these Telos and my cousin has fantastic yields but he has 4 on the go

What would you do with the 3 if you can picture how the current two are mate because wide ways I wouldn’t get 3 in a same line unless the middle one sits in front of the 2 or it goes long ways in-between the side by side ones
    I just went and double checked and I can get them down to 25w each, and from there upwards any wattage you desire (up to a max of 297w-300w each).

I'd fit them in way you can, I'm not sure exactly how you've got them now, but if you like sketch it out so we can take a look see.

I placed my two Telos 10 pros in a 3x3 Gorilla grow tent, which is a 90cm x 90cm x 200cm!, overkill I know but the light coverage is fantastic and I'm contemplating increasing my tent size, but no fear of burning as you can turn them right down...the max I used in that tent was 220w total, so 110w each.

If you're interested, you can check out my last grow using them here - Ice grows Mephisto - Sour Stomper, and heres a video of them day 70 (autos) ;

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (24-08-22), Bobby1980 (24-08-22), GEORGE (24-08-22), V8 (24-08-22)

Thanks

I just went and double checked and I can get them down to 25w each, and from there upwards any wattage you desire (up to a max of 297w-300w each).

I'd fit them in way you can, I'm not sure exactly how you've got them now, but if you like sketch it out so we can take a look see.

I placed my two Telos 10 pros in a 3x3 Gorilla grow tent, which is a 90cm x 90cm x 200cm!, overkill I know but the light coverage is fantastic and I'm contemplating increasing my tent size, but no fear of burning as you can turn them right down...the max I used in that tent was 220w total, so 110w each.

If you're interested, you can check out my last grow using them here - Ice grows Mephisto - Sour Stomper, and heres a video of them day 70 (autos) ;

Awesome mate cheers, they are in the dark now but I will post up a pic of my set up tomorrow and see if you can give me any pointers where you would add a third

Silly question (again lol) but by adding a third but reducing it to 75% light out put is this not just defying the object of trying to give maximum light?

Cheers for everyone’s patience

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bobby1980 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (24-08-22), GEORGE (24-08-22), IceCalibur (24-08-22)

19. Default

Awesome mate cheers, they are in the dark now but I will post up a pic of my set up tomorrow and see if you can give me any pointers where you would add a third

Silly question (again lol) but by adding a third but reducing it to 75% light out put is this not just defying the object of trying to give maximum light?

Cheers for everyone’s patience
    Probs a mix of communication here, I mentioned turning them down because of your comment saying you would be worried about them having light burn ;

So I let you know that you can turn them down if you like, but if they're good in the space fully max'd then no issue whatsoever, although you wouldn't want them max'd out for seedlings, so increasing as they grow would be better and is how I used them.

If you're unsure how many you need in your space, then give Telos a call, they will advise you on how many you need in the space you have

Could be you don't need three, or they might advise sticking the third in there for better coverage of light (unformity), but just turning them down (which is what I did).

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

Bobby1980 (24-08-22), GEORGE (24-08-22)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast