Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pub

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,639 Times

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    There exist no statistics that can capture the entirety of the damage that alcohol has on individuals, families, and communities.

Not an opinion.

Cheers
    B
    It has definitely cost me more then money

Sent from my SM-A505GN using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bogsmokefarm For This Useful Post:

barney_b (12-09-22), forager (14-09-22), GEORGE (12-09-22)

Thanks

One reason I started smoking again to keep away from the bottle and thought if I started growing it wold have a hobby and boy have I found a hobby it's surprising how much time it takes up

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bogsmokefarm For This Useful Post:

barney_b (12-09-22), forager (14-09-22), GEORGE (12-09-22), M_C (19-09-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,483 Times

Don't mean to speak from a soap box but... *steps onto soapbox* I just passed 16 months free of alcohol.

I think back on my life and can say without doubt that all of my biggest mess-ups involved a bottle. So many regrets have that single thing in common. Alcohol has made me mediocre at important tasks throughout my life as well.

Having a seemingly endless supply of flower helps. But I find the garden is just as important. Sitting with the plants "counting trichomes" can often provide the enough of an endorphin drop that it alleviates cravings. Maybe that's just me but I don't think I'm an outlier in this.

So yeah, any chance I get to say "fuck alcohol and tend your garden" I'm taking it. We've all seen the dark place. It's a part of the human experience. But if you find yourself in it time and again while you're hungover after a binger... that's not a good look.

Addiction is tough. Calling it out by its name was tougher.

Cheers
    B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Bogsmokefarm (12-09-22), forager (14-09-22), GEORGE (12-09-22)

Thanks

Don't mean to speak from a soap box but... *steps onto soapbox* I just passed 16 months free of alcohol.

I think back on my life and can say without doubt that all of my biggest mess-ups involved a bottle. So many regrets have that single thing in common. Alcohol has made me mediocre at important tasks throughout my life as well.

Having a seemingly endless supply of flower helps. But I find the garden is just as important. Sitting with the plants "counting trichomes" can often provide the enough of an endorphin drop that it alleviates cravings. Maybe that's just me but I don't think I'm an outlier in this.

So yeah, any chance I get to say "fuck alcohol and tend your garden" I'm taking it. We've all seen the dark place. It's a part of the human experience. But if you find yourself in it time and again while you're hungover after a binger... that's not a good look.

Cheers
    B
    I'm just over 2 weeks myself and yes I find my self just staring at her buds then think what was I doing o well look at buds again lol

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bogsmokefarm For This Useful Post:

barney_b (12-09-22), GEORGE (12-09-22), M_C (19-09-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,955 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Valentina View Post
    I know that alcoholism kills, but you piqued my interest and I had to look.

According to the W.H.O. some 3 million people die of alcoholism every year.

According to thecityfix dot com, some 1.35 million die of traffic crashes every year globally.

According to Worldatlas dot com, some 1 Million die by mosquitos every year.

According to overdoseday dot com, some 585,000 died from drug use in 2017 world wide.

Also according to worldatlas dot com, 475,000 people die in the hands of other humans every year.

What, so drugs are safer than mosquitos, and cars, and alcohol?

And people, are safer than drugs?

What? I'm confused...
    it is a direct result of "the war on drugs". if you are not already aware of it then i recommend reading in to it, it will open your eyes a little to the reality we all live in.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forager For This Useful Post:

barney_b (16-09-22), Bogsmokefarm (15-09-22), GEORGE (14-09-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogsmokefarm View Post
    You are so right to be honest I struggle with drink it can lead me to.some dark places I need to remind myself this daily

i had that fight for many years. i have been sober for almost 2 years now, so not long, but long enough for me to know i will never drink another drop again.
    i hope you find the strength to fight it <3

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forager For This Useful Post:

barney_b (14-09-22), Bogsmokefarm (15-09-22), GEORGE (14-09-22)

Thanks

Cheers
    B
    nice one! it is not easy to do!
    i agree, finding something to fill your time helps a lot. i have lots of hobbies that i used to distract myself, mostly the garden for me too

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forager For This Useful Post:

barney_b (14-09-22), Bogsmokefarm (15-09-22), GEORGE (14-09-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by forager View Post
    nice one! it is not easy to do!
    i agree, finding something to fill your time helps a lot. i have lots of hobbies that i used to distract myself, mostly the garden for me too
    Best thing I did was get off my arse and started growingninhave wanted to for so.many years just glad I got it sorted in the end I can't stay away from them for a few hours lol

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bogsmokefarm For This Useful Post:

barney_b (16-09-22), forager (16-09-22), GEORGE (15-09-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogsmokefarm View Post
    Best thing I did was get off my arse and started growingninhave wanted to for so.many years just glad I got it sorted in the end I can't stay away from them for a few hours lol
    haha yea i know the feeling. i have been growing weed for a couple of years now and i still think about my plants all day. i have to fight myself to not go in there 4 times a day
    you could also throw some other plants in there if you have space, so you have something to tinker with, or if you have a garden/yard you could grow vegetables or something. if you enjoy growing cannabis then you will surely love growing other plants/fungi too.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forager For This Useful Post:

barney_b (16-09-22), Bogsmokefarm (16-09-22), GEORGE (16-09-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,483 Times

Bit of exercise really helps too... Endorphins are one hell of a drug and the exhaustion helps aid sleep at night.

B

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Bogsmokefarm (16-09-22), forager (17-09-22), GEORGE (16-09-22), M_C (19-09-22)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast