Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Top led factory store

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

One of my lights arrived damaged in transit. This is a courier insurance claim. I got a new light the next day and never heard a word after.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-09-22), KushmanOG (16-09-22), MadJohn (15-09-22), scoot (16-09-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,926 Times

Quote Originally Posted by KushmanOG View Post
    Not when the courier states its been signed for and delivered.
    I've been through this myself and the courier was laible
    I'm sorry you had to go through it but it wasn't up to you to chase them and sort it out as under law it's the seller that's liable and that isn't up for debate. Always know your rights because the companies you deal with often don't (or deliberately try and avoid them).

Now you may have chosen to deal with it, that's your choice of course and can often sort out simple issues. But many companies will do everything they can to fob you off and convince you it's not their problem. They are mistaken. The law is clear and unambiguous.

To quote the Consumer Contract Regulations/Consumer Rights Act

"the retailer is responsible for the condition of the goods until the goods are received by you, or by someone else you have nominated to receive them on your behalf such as a neighbour."

Unless you have agreed to have the parcel delivered to a nominated alternate person or left in a safe place and it's gone missing from there it's the sellers responsibility - it's the law.

MJ
    Previous Diaries - Auto Blue Dream Dankberry
    Grow Kit List

Lights - 2*MarsHydro TS1000, 1 MarsHydro FC3000 and 1*Migro Array 2 Pro
    Tent - ACInfinity Cloudlab 642, HomeBox 80*80*160
    Extraction - ACInfinity Cloudline S6 plus - Mountain Air Carbon Filter
    Neuts - Emerald Harvest
    Grow Medium - Coco (Canna Coco Pro+) - Plant!t DWC/Wilma

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MadJohn For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (15-09-22), GEORGE (15-09-22), scoot (16-09-22), Trichomedome (16-09-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,862 Times

I had a similar issue with seeds a few weeks ago so I asked the postman what i could do, he told me they gadgets that you/me sign are hooked into gps, ask for the time delivered and a copy of the signature.

Gps can tell them exactly where and when the parcel was signed for or if it ever did get delivered.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Trichomedome For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-09-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    I believe the company or person that shipped the item (paid the shipping company) is the only entity that can file an insurance claim with the courier in both UK and US.
    Regardless...
    Some awesome companies will immediately ship a replacement and then deal with the courier and leave you out of the process unless they need you to affirm in writing that you have checked everywhere possible and have not received the item.
    I got scammed once where the seller gave a delivery confirmation for my town for a 1 pound package, I ordered about 75 pounds of stuff. I took it up with paypal, they didn't even look at the weight just found in favor of the seller. Then I went to UPS and filed an insurance claim, they never responded. But, in filling out the insurance claim they gave me the name of the person with the delivered package. I was able to send that to my credit card company and point out how paypal security was lax and my CC company reversed charges. Point is, trying to file an insurance claim may give the op more info to solve his problem.

PS: many sellers I buy high dollar stuff from are now adding signature required at no additional cost because shippers are not paying on insurance claims for lost packages, just damaged.

J
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (16-09-22), GEORGE (16-09-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo View Post
    I got scammed once where the seller gave a delivery confirmation for my town for a 1 pound package, I ordered about 75 pounds of stuff. I took it up with paypal, they didn't even look at the weight just found in favor of the seller. Then I went to UPS and filed an insurance claim, they never responded. But, in filling out the insurance claim they gave me the name of the person with the delivered package. I was able to send that to my credit card company and point out how paypal security was lax and my CC company reversed charges. Point is, trying to file an insurance claim may give the op more info to solve his problem.

PS: many sellers I buy high dollar stuff from are now adding signature required at no additional cost because shippers are not paying on insurance claims for lost packages, just damaged.

J
    Interesting. I did not know that. I have only ever dealt with damage. Never lost. At work sometimes packages we ship are lost. We use UPS and call them and they find the packages.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-09-22), Jingo (16-09-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

Interesting. I did not know that. I have only ever dealt with damage. Never lost. At work sometimes packages we ship are lost. We use UPS and call them and they find the packages.
    On the west coast any slow train through LA gets looted, lost packages are staying lost over here.

J

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Bogsmokefarm (16-09-22), CityDweller (16-09-22), GEORGE (16-09-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jingo View Post
    On the west coast any slow train through LA gets looted, lost packages are staying lost over here.

J
    So... now I have a lost package. I forgot I ordered mites. FedEx says delivered Tuesday. They are marked perishable and my wife would immediately bring to me. We have checked everywhere and they are definitely not here. But if fedex is not paying with insurance it's not fair to ask the seller to reship. Not their fault that it was either delivered to the wrong address and not brought over or taken by a porch pirate.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

Bogsmokefarm (16-09-22), GEORGE (16-09-22), Jingo (16-09-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,639 Times

Update
    Been told to wait 24hrs then rhey will get back to me

Sent from my SM-A505GN using Tapatalk

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bogsmokefarm For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (16-09-22), GEORGE (17-09-22), Jingo (16-09-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,926 Times

So... now I have a lost package. I forgot I ordered mites. FedEx says delivered Tuesday. They are marked perishable and my wife would immediately bring to me. We have checked everywhere and they are definitely not here. But if fedex is not paying with insurance it's not fair to ask the seller to reship. Not their fault that it was either delivered to the wrong address and not brought over or taken by a porch pirate.
    It's called the cost of doing business. It sux but you shouldn't be out of pocket through no fault of your own. You didn't book the courier, you didn't fail to deliver it properly and you didn't fail to insure the package, the seller did so don't feel too bad. People who run any retail business knows a % of their packages go missing and they will have factored that into their costs.

MJ

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MadJohn For This Useful Post:

Bogsmokefarm (16-09-22), CityDweller (16-09-22), GEORGE (17-09-22), Jingo (17-09-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,955 Times

this is bad luck.
    as far as i know the seller has an obligation to you and the delivery company has an obligation to the seller, so you would need to go through the seller to get refunded. despite that i would get in touch with both of them and go mental at them both. words like "court" and "lawyer" etc should be thrown around as much as possible. they think in money so threaten them in money talk and they will understand.
    it sounds to me like the yodel delivery person stole your light, but proving that is impossible

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to forager For This Useful Post:

Bogsmokefarm (17-09-22), CityDweller (22-09-22), GEORGE (17-09-22), Jingo (22-09-22)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast