Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 240x120x200 Grow Tent

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Benjj View Post
    Thank you so much this has helped a lot and if I ever moved to Leds what would be equal to a 600watt hps x2 ?
    2 to 1 ratio on the newer ones. So just multiply time two to get your equal. 600 Watts would equal 1200 Watts of HPS. JMO

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Deku Nut (28-09-22), MadJohn (28-09-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,926 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Benjj View Post
    Thank you so much this has helped a lot and if I ever moved to leds what would be equal to a 600watt hps x2 ?
    George is pretty on the money - 2x300w LED's would be roughly 2*600W HPS.

But you need to think a little on how to do it. In a 240*120 you can do 2*300 or 4*150 as a minimum and it will be directed by how you want to grow. 4*150 can be more flexible if the canopy isn't flat so you can raise/lower the height and the intensity in each quarter independently. On the other hand if they're all equal you then need to move all 4 the same time so it becomes a minor chore

Also consider if you intend to grow wall to wall (usually through training of a SCROG). If so a 2*300 or 4*150 is going to leave the edges and corners of the tent wanting for light as they'll not give you an even spread of light to the edges. Some however like to leave a clear area around the edges to make plant trimming and watering easier in which case the edges and corners will not have plants in those areas so don't need the light.

As for light selection while 2*300 would be sufficient for a really good grow I'd probably be looking at 2*400 or above. If you ever choose to add supplemental CO2 or decide to fully maximise your grow wall to wall the extra light intensity and spread you get from a larger light will be money well spent. It's always a cost thing though so you need to consider how much you want to spend.

As for brands of light, that will often depend on where you live. Lights they may recommend in the USA are often not available in the UK or are much much more expensive. Likewise there are light available in Europe that don't make it over the pond.

I have both Mars and Migro. The Migro is the clearly better light both on build quality and support but for that you pay a premium. I've literally just bought a new Mars light in the last week as I've had no issues with the two I have. Many on here are happy with Spider Farmer however there's an ongoing dispute going on the forums with them so they are not well liked by some on the forum here. But that said there's 100's of light to choose from. Migro do some fantastic light reviews and that's a good place to start.

Again if you need any other info please feel free to ask.

MJ
    Previous Diaries - Auto Blue Dream Dankberry
    Grow Kit List

Lights - 2*MarsHydro TS1000, 1 MarsHydro FC3000 and 1*Migro Array 2 Pro
    Tent - ACInfinity Cloudlab 642, HomeBox 80*80*160
    Extraction - ACInfinity Cloudline S6 plus - Mountain Air Carbon Filter
    Neuts - Emerald Harvest
    Grow Medium - Coco (Canna Coco Pro+) - Plant!t DWC/Wilma

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadJohn For This Useful Post:

Bogsmokefarm (01-10-22), Deku Nut (29-09-22), GEORGE (29-09-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2