Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First grow problem encountered

Thanks

Default First grow problem encountered

Hello i have a problem with one of my plants and would like someone with more experience to cast an eye over the pictures to see if you can ID the issue. its the first time i have grown so am not 100% sure

The tips have gone brown and burnt and the margins have done the same its only a few leaves some new growth has it as well and some doesn't but id like to remedy the problem as not to make it worse. i have done a fair bit of research but cant differentiate between the issues as I'm not sure if its lack of potassium or nutrient burn or something else. I have two plants and they get fed the same stuff at the same time but one isn't showing the problem and the other is. i have flushed the plant for now with 6L of water for now so hope that will sort it. I will include some pictures I hope they will show

Thanks for any help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220929_144212.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	430141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220930_212317.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	430142  

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cosmic-Fungus For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-10-22), dick_turpine (01-10-22), GEORGE (30-09-22), mpsj (01-10-22), V8 (01-10-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Cut back on the feed on the one you are having trouble with. JMO

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-10-22), Cosmic-Fungus (30-09-22), dick_turpine (01-10-22), V8 (01-10-22)

Thanks

thanks for quick reply mate. was flushing the correct thing to do? should i prune any damaged leaves? (it could do with a prune tbf) and lastly for the next feed shall i leave it out all together or use half the guided amount?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cosmic-Fungus For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-10-22), dick_turpine (01-10-22), GEORGE (30-09-22), V8 (01-10-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Less is always better when feeding. Trimming leaves is your chores. I don't think I am going ever going to trim leaves any more myself anymore. I don't see any difference in when I do or not. And it just slows down the plants growth when you do trim. JMO

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-10-22), Cosmic-Fungus (30-09-22), dick_turpine (01-10-22), V8 (01-10-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Is it coco or soil ?

How old are the plants? How bigs the pot ?

How much do you water and how often?

What nutrients are you using ? How much of each per litre do you use ?

What light you using ?

Are temp and humidity within a good range ?

We will be able to help better with a bit more info dear
    Last edited by Bethmeg; 30-09-22 at 10:49 PM.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (01-10-22), Cosmic-Fungus (01-10-22), dick_turpine (01-10-22), GEORGE (01-10-22), V8 (01-10-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 33,477 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Is it coco or soil ?

What light you using ?

Im with Beth here. Need more info.

But on the top of my head since 1 if fine and the other not it might be a PH sensitiv pheno

V8
    Mini veg tent grow: V8`s mini garden

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to V8 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (01-10-22), dick_turpine (01-10-22), GEORGE (01-10-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Is it coco or soil ?

What light you using ?

It is in soil a mix i made myself out of various mediums - Mushroom compost/worm castings/manure/organic compost /perlite amongst a few other things

i water maybe twice a week i have a little moisture device thingy thats in the soil and changes colour to indicate when it is dry i read its best to let it dry between water

i have been using my own concoction made from organic sources like nettle/comfry/seaweed/bat guano/worm castings i have also made sprouted seed tea from alfalfa and corn so would be hard to say how much but i feed every other water most recently i fed with a fermented banana and molasses as was about to change the light settings to get them to flower and wanted to add some potassium and some sugars for the microbes i think i add about 15ML into 6L of water i feed 3L per plant as the seem to drink it up nicely (i get slight run off)

the pot is a 5 gallon felt pot and the plants are about 10 weeks think maybe 60cm tall atm

2x Mars hydro ts600w prob 30cm from plant led on 18/6

i have an extractor fan on a thermostat set at 25c and the humidty usually sits at about 50%

and the plant that im having a problem with is called " Kandy Kush" from royal queen seeds if thats any help
    Last edited by Cosmic-Fungus; 01-10-22 at 01:31 PM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cosmic-Fungus For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (01-10-22), dick_turpine (01-10-22), GEORGE (01-10-22), V8 (01-10-22)

Thanks

also just to add which i forgot i thought that they where auto flower but realised after checking the invoice that they were not so i think i have left them longer then i should as said 7-8 weeks until flower but i have gone longer like i say maybe 10 - 11 weeks and a week ago i fed fox farms bloom and that was the guided amount so might have been 10 - 15ml per 4L so so i think i put 20ML in so 10ML per plant i hope this makes some kind of sense lol

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cosmic-Fungus For This Useful Post:

dick_turpine (01-10-22), GEORGE (01-10-22), V8 (01-10-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,521 Times

Hi Cosmic-Fungus, welcome to the site.

If your plants aren't auto's then it won't matter much the length of time you grow before you switch to flower them.

I think your problem may be the height of your lights. 2 x 600w led's for 2 medium sized plants is a lot in IMO so I would suggest they should be much further away from the plants than 30 cm. Have you checked manufacturers guidance? My 600w is designed to be about 100cm above the plants during veg.

As you're using properly organic nutrients, nutrient burn is much less likely as the plants should (under normal circumstances) be able to regulate for themselves what they take in as food. However, too much light can send them into overdrive, they want to use all the available light so they sort of request too many nutrients from the soil and their system can't handle it so then you get nutrient burn but it's the light that's causing it.

Hope that makes sense. Just my thoughts, others may be able to add more or other ideas.

Good luck!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dick_turpine For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (01-10-22), GEORGE (01-10-22), V8 (01-10-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dick_turpine View Post
    Hi Cosmic-Fungus, welcome to the site.

If your plants aren't auto's then it won't matter much the length of time you grow before you switch to flower them.

I think your problem may be the height of your lights. 2 x 600w led's for 2 medium sized plants is a lot in IMO so I would suggest they should be much further away from the plants than 30 cm. Have you checked manufacturers guidance? My 600w is designed to be about 100cm above the plants during veg.

As you're using properly organic nutrients, nutrient burn is much less likely as the plants should (under normal circumstances) be able to regulate for themselves what they take in as food. However, too much light can send them into overdrive, they want to use all the available light so they sort of request too many nutrients from the soil and their system can't handle it so then you get nutrient burn but it's the light that's causing it.

Hope that makes sense. Just my thoughts, others may be able to add more or other ideas.

Good luck!
    cheers lad ill def move the lights up as for having two it was really just to maximise coverage and try get as much light to the lower down stems. i do have a lux meter but have not checked regularly and you can never be to sure on the accuracy of these devices anyway. and i have noticed the burn more towards the top and it is taller than the 2nd plant + after using the bottle nutes it happened never had a problem when i was using me own compost tea brew. thanks for reply

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cosmic-Fungus For This Useful Post:

dick_turpine (01-10-22), GEORGE (01-10-22), V8 (01-10-22)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast