Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: noob here

where neighbors disapprove of cannabisu use
    Thanks

TY all for the nice welcome.

I haven't been able to reply in here so that's one
    confusion, but the admin (IceCalibur) has helped, and now I'm back in biz, I
    think. Mostly now, i'm confused about why i keep buying tinctures that i take
    sublingually but they don't work. Bought 5 and nada so far, plus I made one
    that also produced none of the euphoria for which I had hoped. I don't want
    to smoke and let the nosey neighbors stigmatize me for doing something that
    used to be illegal, and which they think should still be illegal. Jeeze.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jodo420 For This Useful Post:

barney_b (12-10-22), Bethmeg (13-10-22), CityDweller (12-10-22), GEORGE (12-10-22), V8 (12-10-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,484 Times

My first experience with "tincture" was a doozy. It's only after I made my own did I realize that it was more along the lines of an RSO. Super strong stuff. Mine is nowhere near as potent. Do the ones you get come from a lab with labeling? Might just be too weak or too small a dose to affect you.

Then again, some people just don't feel edibles. 2 chocolates from my stash have me buzzing for 4 hours. Give them to my sister and you're just wasting your time.

Cheers. Welcome.
    B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (12-10-22), CityDweller (12-10-22), GEORGE (12-10-22), jodo420 (13-10-22), V8 (12-10-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    My first experience with "tincture" was a doozy. It's only after I made my own did I realize that it was more along the lines of an RSO. Super strong stuff. Mine is nowhere near as potent. Do the ones you get come from a lab with labeling? Might just be too weak or too small a dose to affect you.

Then again, some people just don't feel edibles. 2 chocolates from my stash have me buzzing for 4 hours. Give them to my sister and you're just wasting your time.

Cheers. Welcome.
    B
    Well, i wanna be clear, i'm not talking edibles, but sublingual tinctures. So yeah, there were three
    brands, they both consisted of an indica and a sativa, and the third brand was a sativa. Then my
    own that i tried to make where i decarbed inside a small mason jar which was then inside a boiling
    bag for some 90 minutes in boiling water, and then immersed that in 190 proof everclear. And none
    of them got me high. The commercial brands that i tried, i used as much as 4 droppers per dose,
    and nothing. My own extract i did i think two droppers full, but still no high. I just have to figure
    a way to get tinctures to work. Now if they're going to keep me stoned for longer than say 3 hours
    maybe i will have to stick to burning joints, and smelling up the entire neighbor hood, and coughing
    my lungs out. But if tinctures work the way they say they'll work, I should be able to put a few
    drops under my tongue, hold them for a minute or so, get high in about 15 to 30 minutes, and be
    high for 3 hours or so, and then back to normal. That's what i'm shooting for. I know what edibles
    will do, and that's just not realistic for me. I like to come back to normal at some point after the
    first ingestion of the product. I would LOVE to start my own grow op, but it's illegal here, and i
    wouldn't do it even if it was legal, due to i'd have to grow outside, and i just couldn't be sure that
    somebody wouldn't trespass and grab the plants. So, i buy nugs from the dispensary and make them
    into extract. Boy i almost miss the old days when you could find some decent stuff out in the black
    market. But then usually all u could find was that old dirt weed out there, so, i dunno. Some of this
    commercial stuff just doesn't really seem to get you that high. I dunno...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jodo420 For This Useful Post:

barney_b (13-10-22), GEORGE (13-10-22), V8 (13-10-22)

Thanks

Yeah man, sounds like we're both chasing the same thing and have used the same methods. I haven't made a batch for a while. If ever I do it again, I'll be evaporating it down by at least 75%. Tinctures should get you stoned before drunk after all.

Sorry I can't be of greater use to you. And I can't recommend you reducing alcohol so please don't do it.... Indoors or near an open flame. You're an adult.

Cheers
    B

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-10-22), jodo420 (13-10-22), V8 (13-10-22)

Thanks

Nah, i'm not cooking anything with alcohol. I decarb dry, in a mason jar, inside a
    boiling bag, under water. Then I take the decarbed nug and put that in the
    alcohol, and shake, shake, shake, shake my nuggy, then strain that off after
    a couple weeks, add 50% water to it (that everclear 95% is some hot stuff
    for under your tongue, and hope it will work. But i am positive i am not doing
    it right. RSO, maybe that's what it is, i'm not sure.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jodo420 For This Useful Post:

barney_b (13-10-22), GEORGE (13-10-22), V8 (13-10-22)

Thanks

Was saying that you could reduce the alcohol thereby making each drop more potent. Heat is fastest but also the most dangerous.
    And I don't like promoting danger.

Reading again, you have an extra step in there. You dilluted your tincture by 50% by adding water. That's the opposite of what you want. Water does not get you stoned.

Cheers
    B

12. The Following User Says Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

V8 (13-10-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jodo420 View Post
    Nah, i'm not cooking anything with alcohol. I decarb dry, in a mason jar, inside a
    boiling bag, under water. Then I take the decarbed nug and put that in the
    alcohol, and shake, shake, shake, shake my nuggy, then strain that off after
    a couple weeks, add 50% water to it (that everclear 95% is some hot stuff
    for under your tongue, and hope it will work. But i am positive i am not doing
    it right. RSO, maybe that's what it is, i'm not sure.
    Do you have an Air fryer? They are great for decarb. I use mine for the first time the other day, and does A bang up job. 30minutes @240F. I ate my first gram of weed and was fuck up for over 36 hours. I just wrap 5.3 grams in some tinfoil and punch some holes in it with A ice pick and flip tinfoil @ around 13 minutes.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (13-10-22), V8 (13-10-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2