Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Anyone feeding Athena Pro

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

The difference I saw when using RAW was mainly top dressing one day then two days later the plants just look visibly better and the roots are bursting through the airpots nice and white.

I just use straight 60/40 but am switching back to Canna Pro straight coco no amendments.

I have some Jack Herer on the Athena and have cut back to 1.5 ec but they are not happy (I know Jack's can be a bit finicky). They were showing iron deficiency which I have never had but when I checked the run off PH it was over 7 with only 5.8 - 6 ph going in so Iron deficiency makes sense I thought it was mag at first but it is affecting new growth. Flushed them today with gallons of PH water and the PH just won't go down. They are only in 2 litre pots at the minute and 5.5 ph water going in gallons of it but still run off is 6.2, I can't understand it, gave up in the end and fed at 5.6.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

B1unt (06-11-22), GEORGE (05-11-22)

Thanks

Just an update on the Athena Nutrients. I have changed to Shogun mid grow and throwing the Athena away, what a waste of over £300. The plants just don't like it, probably my worst grow to date that hasn't had an explainable cause to be so bad. 2 different rooms, 3 different strains. Some of the Indica look OK but not quite right. The Jack Herer look terrible, either over fed, under fed or just unhappy. Iron deficiency was a problem with very high run off PH (during veg) impossible to get down even with flushing. Everything looks at least a week or more behind what it should be.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-12-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,064 Times

That sounds shit. Is the pH of the nutrient mix unstable hence the high run off?

What were the inflow & run off EC’s?
    B1unt XIII: Chemdogging & Sour Diesel - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...post1071304159

6. The Following User Says Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-12-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B1unt View Post
    That sounds shit. Is the pH of the nutrient mix unstable hence the high run off?

What were the inflow & run off EC’s?
    Athena Pro is very stable, I was going in at 5.9 to 6ph runoff was up to 7ph I flushed each 9 litre pot with at least 30 litres or more of 5.5 ph water and run off was still at 6.2. I recalibrated my Apera PH tester as I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I know many say testing run off PH will have you chasing your tail so ignore it but I have always tested run off EC and PH and the only time I ever see any real fluctuation in run off PH is around week 3 of flower.
    I gave some 10 day old seedlings their first feed of 0.8 total EC Athena and honestly they hate the stuff deformed and yellowing leaves. If they seeds hadn't been so expensive I would throw them and start again. Everything is now on Shogun and the Athena will be binned.

By the way if anyone thinks I mixed wrong I didn't, one thing I will say for Athena they say add so many ml of Core and Grow or Bloom and it will be at 2.8 or whatever EC and it turns out bang on.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

B1unt (27-12-22), GEORGE (27-12-22)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3