Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone feeding Athena Pro

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default Anyone feeding Athena Pro

I have just started using Athena Pro and their feed schedule says to feed at 3.0ec all the way through from veg and into flower. I can't get my head around it.
    I have put some young plants on it (Veg 5 nodes) and half of them look OK but some of them don't like it at all.
    Any advice on this nutrient line.
    Thanks
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

B1unt (25-10-22), barney_b (25-10-22), GEORGE (25-10-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,258 Times

I do hear Athena does work best when pushed hard, if your seedlings aren’t enjoying it back it off, see how they react & go from there. Does the chart specify whether it’s specifically for clones? It my well be tailored that way.

Flimzy on here runs it (Flimsy_farms on Instagram).

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

barney_b (26-10-22), GEORGE (25-10-22), toblue (25-10-22)

Thanks

Flimzy’s running the powder I think, not sure if that’s the Pro or if the Pro line is liquid

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

barney_b (26-10-22), GEORGE (25-10-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B1unt View Post
    Flimzy’s running the powder I think, not sure if that’s the Pro or if the Pro line is liquid
    Thanks Blunt. I run the powder Athena Pro. Scary high EC at 3.0 with a run off of 4-5 EC seems crazy and against everything I have learned over the years.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

B1unt (27-10-22), barney_b (26-10-22), GEORGE (26-10-22)

Thanks

If your run off comes out at 4.5EC that’s a 50% increase over your inflow (the 3.0 you’re feeding). If the run off EC is massively higher than the inflow, the inflow EC is too high…

Drop the inflow to 1.5EC & the run off should come out a lot closer to the inflow & adjust from there).

If you’ve got 4.5EC in the media maybe just run ph water through them (as opposed to nutrients). Not really like flushing, more watering to run off) as there’s still lots of “EC” in the media. So watering with pH water will bring the run off down (& therefore the EC in the media) gradually.

When the run off drops to around 1.5EC, start feeding again with 1.5EC & check run off after a few days.

If the run off EC is lower than in inflow, increase the inflow EC & retest after a few days. If the run off level is higher than 0.2EC over the inflow, the inflow EC should be reduced.
    Last edited by B1unt; 26-10-22 at 12:29 PM.
    B1unt XIII: Chemdogging & Sour Diesel - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...post1071304159

10. The Following User Says Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (26-10-22)

Thanks

Yes Blunt mate it is how I usually do it, nice and simple. But with Athena you apparently throw the rule book away, they even advise dry backs with no run off to encourage a higher EC in the media (run to waste coco). It is just weird.

I do a sort of journal if I have time.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

B1unt (27-10-22), GEORGE (26-10-22)

Thanks

I’d go off the run off & what the plants tell you, I wouldn’t try pushing the EC hard like that until the flip when shit’s kicking off.

Athena was developed by the Jungle Boys & what Ivan (allegedly) used to mix from scratch. They grow in a multi-million dollar facility with 100 light rooms running high PPFD & Co2, ultimate environmental control, dryback monitors in the rockwall & shitloads of data collection to work from.

Do the not have a light, medium & heavy feed chart? I’d hazard a guess the 3.0 they recommend would be being fed to a motherplant & therefore they’re suggesting the clones should be put on the same EC.

*Edit: Yes, they have 3 feedcharts for the Pro Line...

Where did you get 3.0 EC all the way through from?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-22), toblue (27-10-22)

Thanks

Thanks Blunt. I have seen this feed charts I think it is the one grow shops give out.
    I was looking at the one on their website (apparently the updated one)

https://www.athenaag.com/SSP%20Appli...%20-%20Pro.pdf

I watched a video last night and you are right regarding clones they say whatever the mother plant is on the clones get with no mention of from seed seedlings. As you say the Jungle Boys will have their rooms totally totally dialed in.

Think I will follow the Normal feed chart during veg and then go heavy in flower. Mate of mine recons he just pulled 73oz from 8 plants under 1500w of LED and I have no reason to disbelieve him but saying that the buds he showed me looked suspiciously hard and dense even the small ones, he put it down to his LED's penetrating the canopy deeper. Who knows.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

B1unt (27-10-22), GEORGE (27-10-22)

Thanks

My mate (above post) was feeding Athena Pro @ 2.8 all the way but he gets his clones at 12" high almost ready to flip.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

B1unt (27-10-22), GEORGE (27-10-22)

Thanks

Did you smoke any? It’s supposed to have real nice smooth flavour & terps with minimal flushing?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast