Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone feeding Athena Pro

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

No the tight git didn't offer me any which is a bit strange, makes me even more suspicious regarding how hard the small buds were. Like little pebbles if you get my drift.
    Did he get a little help from PGR, maybe it is just my suspicious envious mind working overtime.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

B1unt (28-10-22), GEORGE (27-10-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,066 Times

Pretty much the general consensus I hear is that it works best when fed hard & it gives a smooth smoke without flushing…

TrueCannablis (aka Barri / True Canna Genetics) posted this recently. He’s a coco grower who’s a big proponent of winding down EC (he calls it flushing, but it’s more of a water only, with minimal run off to allow the plants to consume what’s in the media).

Anyway, he’s big on tasty flushed weed, so for someone like him to say this peaks my interest…

Last edited by B1unt; 28-10-22 at 08:42 AM.
    B1unt XIII: Chemdogging & Sour Diesel - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...post1071304159

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-10-22), toblue (28-10-22)

Thanks

True Story ...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (30-10-22), toblue (01-11-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B1unt View Post
    True Story ...

That is all getting a bit complicated. I grew in small 2 litre pots this time (not with Athena) 9 plants in a 4'x4' 600w HPS and included a lights off fertigation but will be using bigger pots with this Athena grow (7 litre) and will probably drop the lights off feed. That's enough dry back for me.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

B1unt (01-11-22), GEORGE (01-11-22)

Thanks

The plants in veg on Athena are showing bad Magnesium deficiencies. Probably some kind of lock out due to my over feeding. Have given a foliar of Epsom and added 1/4 dose of Cal/Mag to my 0.2 tap water.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

B1unt (01-11-22), GEORGE (01-11-22)

Thanks

I was kind of taking the piss a bit with that mate...

I am assuming it's the jungle boys "crop steering" irrigation strategy for dry backs during the generative grow phase based on the media being used (whatever that means). I think I was subliminally trying to say don't pay too much attention to Athena's instructions, they're pushing a narrative.

Have you got a grow thread running?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (01-11-22), toblue (01-11-22)

Thanks

I was kind of taking the piss a bit with that mate...

I am assuming it's the jungle boys "crop steering" irrigation strategy for dry backs during the generative grow phase based on the media being used (whatever that means). I think I was subliminally trying to say don't pay too much attention to Athena's instructions, they're pushing a narrative.

Have you got a grow thread running?
    Yes I know it was tongue in cheek mate, that kind of regime is madness.

Had a look on your grow thread and they look great, you are putting the work in with them lad, I can remember doing the same now it's a few more plants in the same space topped as necessary then defoliated. I can see you are big into microbes. I am too. Best I have found so far by miles is RAW and I've tried them all Photo, Tribulus, hydroguard, voddoo, home made tea, the lot. I also use envii Clorine Klear.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

B1unt (02-11-22), GEORGE (01-11-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Yes I know it was tongue in cheek mate, that kind of regime is madness.
    Had a look on your grow thread and they look great, you are putting the work in with them lad, I can remember doing the same now it's a few more plants in the same space topped as necessary then defoliated. I can see you are big into microbes. I am too. Best I have found so far by miles is RAW and I've tried them all Photo, Tribulus, hydroguard, voddoo, home made tea, the lot. I also use envii Clorine Klear.[/QUOTE]

Is this this stuff?

How well does it dissolve? I'd be interested to know if it would work in a reservoir?

I am getting to the point where I am not sure I want to top water anything in right now (due to the AutoPots bottom feeding & the risk of pushing salt build up down). I have Ecothriove biosys which is also a powder & was planning on mixing in 900ml of nutrients & injecting a 100ml syringe of each into a of it into the AutoPot trays (cutting out putting it through the reservoir & lines).

I like Photosynthesis plus as as well all the microbes, it cleans the lines & res of bio-film so is a good replacement for any "line cleaner" that are typically H2O2 based.

I am also using an aquatic water conditioner, I am assuming that the pond version is more concentrated (saying that at 5ml per 100L, the API tap water conditioner I have will last a while)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-11-22)

Thanks

Had a look on your grow thread and they look great, you are putting the work in with them lad, I can remember doing the same now it's a few more plants in the same space topped as necessary then defoliated. I can see you are big into microbes. I am too. Best I have found so far by miles is RAW and I've tried them all Photo, Tribulus, hydroguard, voddoo, home made tea, the lot. I also use envii Clorine Klear.

Is this this stuff?

How well does it dissolve? I'd be interested to know if it would work in a reservoir?

I am getting to the point where I am not sure I want to top water anything in right now (due to the AutoPots bottom feeding & the risk of pushing salt build up down). I have Ecothriove biosys which is also a powder & was planning on mixing in 900ml of nutrients & injecting a 100ml syringe of each into a of it into the AutoPot trays (cutting out putting it through the reservoir & lines).

I like Photosynthesis plus as as well all the microbes, it cleans the lines & res of bio-film so is a good replacement for any "line cleaner" that are typically H2O2 based.

I am also using an aquatic water conditioner, I am assuming that the pond version is more concentrated (saying that at 5ml per 100L, the API tap water conditioner I have will last a while) [/QUOTE]

I don't know if the water conditioner takes out the chlorine I know the Chlorine Klear does it is basically ascorbic acid (vitamin C). The tap water chlorine kills the microbes as I am sure you are aware of. I also like the Photosynthesis plus but can see the results quicker with the RAW. It dissolves well but I am in coco and just put a sprinkle on top then water in. When I did RDWC and flood and drain I used Hydroguard and Photosynthesis plus in the res. To tell the truth I am not sure how long any of them live in a res. When doing flood and drain I put Hydro guard in the res and would mix 20 litres of Photosynthesis plus or Tribulus and top feed once a week worked better and cost a lot less it is bloody expensive stuff. Hydro Guard works out cheap but is a single type of microbe which is fairly hardy and can live in a res (so they say).

I do wonder when using Athena if the high EC will kill the microbes. I did speak to someone from Ecothrive years ago and from memory he said much above 1.6ec and you can say bye bye to your microbes.
    Last edited by toblue; 02-11-22 at 03:10 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-11-22)

Thanks

I don't know if the water conditioner takes out the chlorine I know the Chlorine Klear does it is basically ascorbic acid (vitamin C). The tap water chlorine kills the microbes as I am sure you are aware of.
    Yeah ,the dose is something like 1ml per 126L for chlorine & 5ml per 76L for chloramine.

I also like the Photosynthesis plus but can see the results quicker with the RAW.
    What are said results you see please, do tell

It dissolves well but I am in coco and just put a sprinkle on top then water in.
    Top dressing microbes in coco?

Ok I am jealous as I might be restricted in that area (I can still add them to the trays though). Have you amended your coco with anything?

When I did RDWC and flood and drain I used Hydroguard and Photosynthesis plus in the res. To tell the truth I am not sure how long any of them live in a res.
    I drained the last 25L out my res the other week & it was cloudy (because of the Photosynthesis Plus). I put a lid on the bucket for 5-6 hours ( ) with the intention of diluting it & top watering it in with microbes & when I took the lid off the solution was clear (with a yellow tint), not cloudy & it would appear all the microbes had died & sunk to the bottom the the solution - Note to self: these microbes are aerobic. That would have been 6-7 days after making the res

When doing flood and drain I put Hydro guard in the res and would mix 20 litres of Photosynthesis plus or Tribulus and top feed once a week worked better and cost a lot less it is bloody expensive stuff. Hydro Guard works out cheap but is a single type of microbe which is fairly hardy and can live in a res (so they say). I do wonder when using Athena if the high EC will kill the microbes. I did speak to someone from Ecothrive years ago and from memory he said much above 1.6ec and you can say bye bye to your microbes.
    The eco thrive Biosys packet says "do not add to nutrients over 1.5EC" on it.

Is that whole 3.0 EC thing based running those drybacks & shit to spike the EC?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (02-11-22)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast