Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: How long is too long

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,124 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AllAboutThatSunandSoil View Post
    Wet soil. Pat it down. Finger with pinky to the
    top of first knuckle. Drop seed. Pinch soil from sides of hole and back fill. Light pat. Keep surface barely dry until germ. Soil should be preheated to 75ish. Or...do what works for you. Just please...Do not soak in peroxide, you are just wasing away your flavor.
    I've got such advice from someone reddit to mix hydrogen peroxide with water and soak seeds.

Someone else told me to crash aspirin pill mix with water and soak in that.

What is all this witch crafting?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to maxkolonko123 For This Useful Post:

barney_b (10-11-22), GEORGE (09-11-22), PoizonIvy (29-11-22), Sun&Soil (15-11-22), V8 (09-11-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,489 Times

Quote Originally Posted by maxkolonko123 View Post
    I've got such advice from someone reddit to mix hydrogen peroxide with water and soak seeds.

Someone else told me to crash aspirin pill mix with water and soak in that.

What is all this witch crafting?
    I saw a pretty credible study about peroxide and its effect on germination. It's a very delicate margin of application that shows improvement before hindering your success rate.

Also, reddit is a wasteland of bad advice.

Cheers
    B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Flyingscotsman (10-11-22), GEORGE (10-11-22), maxkolonko123 (15-11-22), PoizonIvy (29-11-22), Samwise Gamgee (19-11-23), Sun&Soil (15-11-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,124 Times

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    I saw a pretty credible study about peroxide and its effect on germination. It's a very delicate margin of application that shows improvement before hindering your success rate.

Cheers
    B
    I gotcha mate and that's not something I will pursue to do though, I just tried different things on my unlucky mephisto seeds

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maxkolonko123 For This Useful Post:

barney_b (15-11-22), GEORGE (15-11-22), PoizonIvy (29-11-22), Sun&Soil (15-11-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,954 Times

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post

Cheers
    B
    They are discovering how much of a role bacteria plays on terp production. It all starts in the seed coat that carries the bacteria that controls the process.

If this is in fact true, I would rather risk not having a few seeds germinate then having one germinate knowing I'm not allowing the plant to live up to it's terp potential.

I heard about this Science on GBY ep.100 in an interview with Jeff Lowenfels. It's covered in his book Teaming With Bacteria. Once again we are finding that fungi and bacteria are pretty much in charge of life on this planet and we are just their vessels.
    Last edited by Sun&Soil; 15-11-22 at 02:17 AM.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sun&Soil For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (15-11-22), GEORGE (15-11-22), IceCalibur (15-11-22), maxkolonko123 (16-11-22), PoizonIvy (29-11-22), Samwise Gamgee (19-11-23)

Thanks

Put seeds in the fridge for 24 hours. After being cold they'll be itching to grow. Put between damp kitchen towel, use warm water to dampen the towel, and place in a dark warm place, warm, not hot. Usually through in 24hrs, if it's not through in 3 days bin it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4