Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Autoflowers in first coco coir grow. Drooping leaves

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Just looking at GA feed chart....It's all ml per litre which is never going to work..GA are not canna specific so you will need to measure the Ec and pH of your feed solution and feed at a strength that is appropriate for the stage of growth your at, in your case around 1.0~1.2 Ec and 5.8 pH...As I said you need to water/feed daily with around 15% runoff (run to waste) as we call it. This ensures you get fresh oxygenated water & nutrients with each drench which prevents stagnation, salt build up and unused nutes in the medium from becoming concentrated which can lead to pH fluctuations and lockouts...

ETA..The drooping leaves are caused by oxygen starvation in the rhizosphere due to not flooding frequently enough or a root issue...The other issues are pH and or feed related.

Regards BL

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-11-22), IceCalibur (09-11-22), Shaun (09-11-22), Tusk85 (10-11-22), V8 (09-11-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Just something I noticed,may be of importance.

You say you are watering to run off and had just watered when that pic was taken.

I can see dry coco on the top,so there’s very likely to be dry coco in the pot.
    That’s when you will run into problems.

Make sure you are soaking every bit of coco before you are getting that run off.
    Feeding slower a bit at a time all around the pot,coco has wicking abilities but it can only do so much.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (10-11-22), GEORGE (09-11-22), IceCalibur (10-11-22), Shaun (09-11-22), Tusk85 (10-11-22)

Thanks

I decided to give them all a re water feed backing off the nutrients and lowering my ph to 5.8. Checked my ec meter and was around 1.0 within a few hours they’ve all perked up and the drooping seems to have completely gone. I was cutting massive corners thinking I could just use these nutrients without checking my ec and getting the ph down. Lesson learned, think I’ve caught it in time before causing any major damage! I’ll also be feeding daily from here on Thanks again to everyone that replied.
    Last edited by Tusk85; 10-11-22 at 03:59 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tusk85 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (10-11-22), GEORGE (10-11-22), M_C (10-11-22)

Thanks

I’ll make sure to water slower and thoroughly. This is the prime example of someone not doing research. Been growing in soil for years. Made the swap to coco this year but really could have done with learning a bit more before I started!
    Cheers

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tusk85 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (10-11-22), GEORGE (10-11-22)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2